Repairing hollow body frogs

Started by stratos bandit, June 21, 2012, 10:53:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stratos bandit

Sorry if this is not the correct place for this.

Has anyone tried to repair hollow body frogs?  Like Spro poppers?

I have some worm glue and just tried it.  Will let it dry and see how it holds up.  Tired of spending $10 for a frog that tears too easy.  Have a couple that have holes near the line tie. (mouth area)

Creel Limit Zero

Yeah, and those snakeheads on the Potomac just can't resist biting those Spro frogs and ripping them...   ~xyz 

Baron49

Get yourself a bottle of "Mend it"    This stuff works great on most types of soft plactic baits and it dries soft and pliable not hard like super glue.  The ads say it dries in seconds, but I find it needs a few minutes to even a half hour on frogs and some swimbaits until it fully dries or cures.

ydoc

Like Baron said, "Mend-It".  Had a HB frog and let my granddaughter hold it while I fixed some of the rigging on her rod.  She dangled my frog over the side a big ol' snapping turtle came up and grabbed it!!

Well, I got the turtle off but the frog - as you might imagine - had seen better days!  But, with the price of frogs these days, I decided to take it home and "Mend-It".  Except for a few barely noticeable "scars", it's as good as new!

Try it... you'll like it!   ;D

stratos bandit

jesse1378

another vote here for mend it. but before you fix it, pop a couple rattles in there :D

charp

I have been using Fix A Frog. It completely fixes the holes in my frogs.   ~shhh