Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Lockett Lures Outlet

K9 Fishing Line

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New to Loading your BassCat on the Trailer? See this Youtube Video Link and Pic  (Read 13736 times)

Flyswatter

• Zzzzzzzz, set the hook

For those new to BassCat boats and are experiencing initial challenges loading your boat on the trailer....  Be sure the short bunks are just under the surface of the water. 

YouTube link below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp_4vROJyBE&feature=youtu.be

Notice the shorter bunks just under the water.  Do this and you will have little to no challenges trailering your BassCat boat. 

Many thanks go out to GasAxe for sharing his YouTube Video and Pics over on BassCat's website.

jbizkit3000

• Smallmouth

I find on my p4 the short bunks about a inch out of the water works best. Launches will vary, angle also.

Suck my wake, BassCat!

H2O_Fowl

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass

My trailer has to be a lot further out of the water than that or my nose hits the roller.  Put the boat on the trailer, hook up winch, get in truck back down deeper, winch boat, back in truck down deeper, winch boat, and sometimes thats the only trips back and forth if I'm lucky. 

I absolutely HATE this trailer.  I've been loading boats on trailers since I was 14 years old and I'm 46 now and I have NEVER had a trailer /boat combo that was so difficult to load.  If I were to keep this boat forever I would mod the trailer to make it work like it should.  Easy fix.

Flyswatter

• Zzzzzzzz, set the hook

H20,

is your ramp steep or flat?  What boat do you have?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 07:29:18 PM by Flyswatter »

Flyswatter

• Zzzzzzzz, set the hook

H2O_Fowl

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass

Doesn't matter the ramp angle really.  The flatter the ramp the more difficult it is though.  Steeper ramps they say are hard to load the boats on but for me it seems alot easier.  Winter fishing, one of my favorite times to be on the water for crappie is out of the question with this trailer.  If alone I sometimes have to get into the water.

Its a 91 PII.  Single axle trailer.  I know what needs to be done with the trailer to make it a dream to load and if I end up keeping this boat for a while I may do that and have the trailer re-powder coated.

CarkyF

• Smallmouth
  • Fishing for Life

H2O_Fowl,

Here is hoping the tips below will help you.  Like you, I have been loading and unloading bass boats and other boats for years.  The BassCat is a totally different model compared to any other brand.  BCB designs its boats/trailers for the rig to be 'driven on' and 'driven off'.   I wish someone had used the term to 'power on' and 'power off' instead of the drive on/drive off.  On later models, you need to power off the rig with your outboard to keep the bow from hitting the bow roller.  The same is true when loading.  I have found the PII (2011) model is easiest to load when the outer bunks are 2-6 inches out of the water.  2 inches on shallow ramps and 6 inches on the steepest.  This seems to make it easier to 'power on'.  The picture in this post appears to deep to me.  With the trailer at that depth, my PII would be side ways on the trailer.

merc1997

• Sponsors
  • Baby Bass

My trailer has to be a lot further out of the water than that or my nose hits the roller.  Put the boat on the trailer, hook up winch, get in truck back down deeper, winch boat, back in truck down deeper, winch boat, and sometimes thats the only trips back and forth if I'm lucky. 

I absolutely HATE this trailer.  I've been loading boats on trailers since I was 14 years old and I'm 46 now and I have NEVER had a trailer /boat combo that was so difficult to load.  If I were to keep this boat forever I would mod the trailer to make it work like it should.  Easy fix.
most of the time, the depth of the trailer being in the water is not written in stone, but rather depends on the angle of the boat ramp.  steeper ramps demand less of the trailer in the water to clear the nose over the front roller.  flatter ramps require more of the trailer in the water to be able to get to the front roller.  of course, loading is much easier with two people.  once on the trailer squarely between the bunks, the driver can ease back while you drive up to the front stop.  hope this might help.

bo

Flyswatter

• Zzzzzzzz, set the hook

Good info there Bo.   ~c~

bigfish1259

• UB Member
  • Baby Bass

Nice video

Flyswatter

• Zzzzzzzz, set the hook

Nice video

Bigfish,  welcome to the BassCat forum and thanks for stopping by.  Hope to see you over here more often.

Fly

phisherman

• UB Member

take those raggedy a$$ trophy 4 blade props off and put a fury 3 on, you will not have any issues loading your boat on a BC trailer. They make great paper weights.  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 24 queries.