New to Loading your BassCat on the Trailer? See this Youtube Video Link and Pic

Started by Flyswatter, June 25, 2012, 07:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flyswatter

For those new to BassCat boats and are experiencing initial challenges loading your boat on the trailer....  Be sure the short bunks are just under the surface of the water. 

YouTube link below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp_4vROJyBE&feature=youtu.be

Notice the shorter bunks just under the water.  Do this and you will have little to no challenges trailering your BassCat boat. 

Many thanks go out to GasAxe for sharing his YouTube Video and Pics over on BassCat's website.

jbizkit3000

I find on my p4 the short bunks about a inch out of the water works best. Launches will vary, angle also.

Suck my wake, BassCat!

H2O_Fowl

My trailer has to be a lot further out of the water than that or my nose hits the roller.  Put the boat on the trailer, hook up winch, get in truck back down deeper, winch boat, back in truck down deeper, winch boat, and sometimes thats the only trips back and forth if I'm lucky. 

I absolutely HATE this trailer.  I've been loading boats on trailers since I was 14 years old and I'm 46 now and I have NEVER had a trailer /boat combo that was so difficult to load.  If I were to keep this boat forever I would mod the trailer to make it work like it should.  Easy fix.

Flyswatter

H20,

is your ramp steep or flat?  What boat do you have?

H2O_Fowl

Doesn't matter the ramp angle really.  The flatter the ramp the more difficult it is though.  Steeper ramps they say are hard to load the boats on but for me it seems alot easier.  Winter fishing, one of my favorite times to be on the water for crappie is out of the question with this trailer.  If alone I sometimes have to get into the water.

Its a 91 PII.  Single axle trailer.  I know what needs to be done with the trailer to make it a dream to load and if I end up keeping this boat for a while I may do that and have the trailer re-powder coated.

CarkyF

H2O_Fowl,

Here is hoping the tips below will help you.  Like you, I have been loading and unloading bass boats and other boats for years.  The BassCat is a totally different model compared to any other brand.  BCB designs its boats/trailers for the rig to be 'driven on' and 'driven off'.   I wish someone had used the term to 'power on' and 'power off' instead of the drive on/drive off.  On later models, you need to power off the rig with your outboard to keep the bow from hitting the bow roller.  The same is true when loading.  I have found the PII (2011) model is easiest to load when the outer bunks are 2-6 inches out of the water.  2 inches on shallow ramps and 6 inches on the steepest.  This seems to make it easier to 'power on'.  The picture in this post appears to deep to me.  With the trailer at that depth, my PII would be side ways on the trailer.

merc1997

Quote from: H2O_Fowl on July 20, 2013, 08:52:41 PM
My trailer has to be a lot further out of the water than that or my nose hits the roller.  Put the boat on the trailer, hook up winch, get in truck back down deeper, winch boat, back in truck down deeper, winch boat, and sometimes thats the only trips back and forth if I'm lucky. 

I absolutely HATE this trailer.  I've been loading boats on trailers since I was 14 years old and I'm 46 now and I have NEVER had a trailer /boat combo that was so difficult to load.  If I were to keep this boat forever I would mod the trailer to make it work like it should.  Easy fix.
most of the time, the depth of the trailer being in the water is not written in stone, but rather depends on the angle of the boat ramp.  steeper ramps demand less of the trailer in the water to clear the nose over the front roller.  flatter ramps require more of the trailer in the water to be able to get to the front roller.  of course, loading is much easier with two people.  once on the trailer squarely between the bunks, the driver can ease back while you drive up to the front stop.  hope this might help.

bo
On Heaven's Lake

Flyswatter

Flyswatter

Quote from: bigfish1259 on February 07, 2014, 08:58:25 PM
Nice video

Bigfish,  welcome to the BassCat forum and thanks for stopping by.  Hope to see you over here more often.

Fly

phisherman

take those raggedy a$$ trophy 4 blade props off and put a fury 3 on, you will not have any issues loading your boat on a BC trailer. They make great paper weights.  ;D