Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Lockett Lures Outlet

K9 Fishing Line

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Difference in Models  (Read 384 times)

CBJ Tortorella

• UB Member
  • Baby Bass
Difference in Models
« on: July 22, 2019, 02:28:21 PM »

I'm trying to do my homework and decide between a Ranger or Tracker

I've looked at both, my question regarding Ranger models is what is the difference between:

RT 188
RT 188P
RT 188C

The sales Rep at my local Cabela's couldn't give me a good answer

appreciate any and all replies

Bassinlou

• CM Community Diplomat
  • If you ain't froggin you ain't fishing ;)
Re: Difference in Models
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2019, 03:43:12 PM »

I'm trying to do my homework and decide between a Ranger or Tracker

I've looked at both, my question regarding Ranger models is what is the difference between:

RT 188 mod v model
RT 188P new model with a padded hull
RT 188C mod v with a crappie fishing configuration

The sales Rep at my local Cabela's couldn't give me a good answer

appreciate any and all replies

Hope that info helps. Given a choice, and $$ wasn't an issue. Ranger has my vote. Good luck!!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 07:35:14 AM by Bassinlou »

Oldfart9999

• Ultimate Basser
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2019, 07:10:33 AM »

Hope that info helps. Given a choice, and $$ wasn't an issue. Ranger has my vote. Good luck!!
Agreed except I'd opt for Lund with unlimited funds.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Angus

• UB Member
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2019, 07:23:46 AM »

The RT188C is billed as the "crappie" version.  It has side rod storage and three across seat pedestal mounts on the front deck.  The RT188 is the "bass" version and has center rod storage.  I didn't know they were making a 188P but the 198P is a bigger boat with a slightly different hull design made for rougher water and handles a larger engine.  I assume the 188P has the same hull design as the 198P. 

I own a 2016 RT188 with the center rod storage, dual consoles, and an upgrade to three across seating on the front deck.  I felt like this was the best of both worlds between the 188 and 188C.  I love my Ranger.  I have been on many a Tracker and there is no comparison.  I have had Lund owners on my boat and I have been on theirs.  We all agree that the Lunds handle rough water better and the 188 is a more solid fishing platform when sitting still.  You can't go wrong with Ranger or Lund.  Happy buying!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 03:45:07 PM by Angus »
I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

Bassinlou

• CM Community Diplomat
  • If you ain't froggin you ain't fishing ;)
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2019, 07:39:16 AM »

Agreed except I'd opt for Lund with unlimited funds.
Rodney

Sure, and the OP only provided choices between a Ranger tin vs a Tracker tin. Given the two choices, Ranger gets my nod assuming the Ranger option falls within budget.

coldfront

• Ultimate Basser
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2019, 08:23:38 AM »

The RT188C is billed as the "crappie" version.  It has side rod storage and three across seat pedestal mounts on the front deck.  The RT188 is the "bass" version and has center rod storage.  I didn't know they were making a 188P but the 198P is a bigger boat with a slightly different hull design made for rougher water and handles a larger engine.  I assume the 188P has the same hull design as the 198P. 

I own a 2016 RT188 with the center rod storage, dual consoles, and an upgrade to three across seating on the front deck.  I felt like this was the best of both worlds between the 188 and 188C.  I love my Ranger.  I have been on many a Tracker and there is no comparison.  I have had Lund owners on my boat and I have been on theirs.  We all agree that the Lunds handle rough water better and the 188 is a more solid fishing platform when sitting still.  You can go wrong with Ranger or Lund.  Happy buying!

thanks Angus.  very helpful comments.

the 188P has me thinking (not good!)

CBJ Tortorella

• UB Member
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2019, 01:27:50 PM »

Great Feedback

I have narrowed my choices down like everyone does....trying to get as close to everything I want in a boat for what I am willing to spend.

I watched Mike Iaconelli do a youtube video on buying a boat, he said it's the worst financial decision you will ever make.  That's subjective to how much enjoyment that boat gives you of course.

coldfront

• Ultimate Basser
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2019, 07:00:36 PM »

perhaps i am in the minority, but boy, every day i'm on the water in my boat is JUST THE BEST!

purchased new in 2013.  60+ days a year average on the water.  8-12 hours/day.  rain or shine.

$23k purchase price new.  at least another 10 years with this boat.  unless I get a bigger one!

would love to spend $60k-plus on a new boat.  but that just is NOT me.

Bud Kennedy

• Life Member
  • PFD's and KILL SWITCHES SAVE LIVES
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2019, 07:10:26 PM »

If I were a much younger man you can bet that I would probably have a new boat.  However at my age it just does not make financial sense.  I keep things a long time but if I examine truthfully my expected life span of boat fishing, I would like to get about 5 more years and that will probably be a bit of a stretch. 

Don't try to justify a new boat.  If you are a responsible younger person just do it.  Keep the thing for a long time and get the pleasure out on the water that you deserve.  Don't wait until you are an older geezer to tell your buddies that you wished you had a boat back in the good ol days.  My boat is old just like me and although I spend a lot of money on it for now it is still much cheaper than buying another new one.

The enjoyment and personal freedom that a boat brings is by far one of the best things about owning one.

CBJ Tortorella

• UB Member
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2019, 10:26:11 PM »

The RT188C is billed as the "crappie" version.  It has side rod storage and three across seat pedestal mounts on the front deck.  The RT188 is the "bass" version and has center rod storage. I didn't know they were making a 188P but the 198P is a bigger boat with a slightly different hull design made for rougher water and handles a larger engine.  I assume the 188P has the same hull design as the 198P. 

https://www.rangerboats.com/aluminum/bass/tournament/rt188p.html

It's listed as new, how new I'm not sure.  But here it is

Angus

• UB Member
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2019, 06:14:38 AM »

https://www.rangerboats.com/aluminum/bass/tournament/rt188p.html

It's listed as new, how new I'm not sure.  But here it is
Definitely a plus if you fish rougher water.
I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

Oldfart9999

• Ultimate Basser
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2019, 12:10:14 PM »

Sure, and the OP only provided choices between a Ranger tin vs a Tracker tin. Given the two choices, Ranger gets my nod assuming the Ranger option falls within budget.
I know Lou and I agreed with you, I just added the unlimited funds and Lund as a personal choice. It's like the difference between a Camaro SS and a 'Stang GT, I'd take the C8 Vette. You know I'm not quite normal. lo ;)
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Cuervo Jones

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2019, 07:22:17 AM »

Iíd go Ranger all the way. Depending on you as a person, it could be the best or worst decision you make. For me, itís the best because Iíve had the same boat for 30 years. Iíve enjoyed countless trips and all sorts of adventures with my family and friends. Iíve fished all sorts of lakes and reservoirs, and I constantly upgrade bits and pieces of it to keep it running and updated. Then again, Iíve been obsessed with fishing since I was 3. And boats nearly as long. If youíre not a full-on psycho like me, maybe best to think about it and buy a used tub just to see if owning a boat is really for you. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quit reading this and go fishing!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 24 queries.