Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Lockett Lures Outlet

K9 Fishing Line

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: "VANISH" Flourocarbon line  (Read 8626 times)

Pferox

• Life Member
  • Right on the Gulf Coast.
Re: "VANISH" Flourocarbon line
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2006, 03:25:43 AM »

I checked on the vanish website and they say that is it a Florocarbon....not a coated line.
Thats funny because it performs more like a copolomer than a true Floro........now I'm gettin cornfused with the advertising.
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

Mike Cork

• Father Time
  • Admin
  • Get the Net it's a Hawg
    • Ultimate Bass
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2006, 07:25:01 AM »

TopCat, great post  ~c~ I have used vanish for leader on my carolina rigs and have had excellent success with it. In this particular set up I have to tie two knots with it and of course as with any line I lubricate the line very well before cinching the knot :-* The only flip to my success versuses what others have had is that I only use the 17 lb and it is very strong anyway  ;)
Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

topcat

• Ultimate Basser
  • FnG
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2006, 08:37:30 AM »

Mike....you are 100% correct......you have been doing what I had to go to a seminar to find out...but since I started to using the line correctly.....I have no complaints.....I use 20lb vanish....

Topcat

cable guy

• Ultimate Basser
  • angler of the year,classic champ,tournament winner
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2006, 10:07:57 AM »

give p-line fluro-clear a try , vanish is good stuff too, pricey though.
god grant that i may live to fish until my dying day and when it comes to my last cast i then most humbly pray when in the lords safe landing net i"m peacefully asleep that in his mercy i be judged as good enough to keep. member BASS,ILLINOIS FEDERATION

Pferox

• Life Member
  • Right on the Gulf Coast.
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2006, 05:24:33 PM »

I do what you do MIke and as leader material, I have great luck with it, I use 20lb and 40lb in both fresh and salt. Both the clear and Transitions, and never had a failure unless the bite was too deep, before I could replace.
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

Basser56

• Largemouth
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2006, 09:30:07 PM »

Thanks for the hints, topcat. But I know how to tie a knot, and wet them quite liberally when tying on a lure or hook. Maybe the line was old, or a bad batch. But line only gets one chance with me. When fishing tournaments you can't afford to lose fish because of bad line.
I'll stick with McCoy lines, I've never had a problem with it.
Randy Lyman
2000 Champion 203/2012 Merc 250 Pro XS

Rangerboats05

• Smallmouth
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2006, 08:13:34 AM »

SpiderLine Super xXx  Mono is the only line I will use. I use 17ib and I have never had any trouble with this line. I love it. I once hooked into a 4ib bass, got the line wraped up into the trolling motor when I tried to turn the boat around, and still landed the fish without breaking the line. Thi is the line for me, I use to always buy this line in low-vis green but now i can only find it in clear blue. Still it is the best line I have used.

bassindude

• Just one more fish
  • Ultimate Basser
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2006, 09:15:32 AM »

The sad part about this  :'( is that they now own Stren.  I really hope they dont start messing with that formula.  Can't get the Stren floracarbon anymore  :'( Probably just stick with Stren Monos unless I find out they have been changed to Tri... I cant even get myself to type it.  :roll2: Don't tell me if they already done I DON"T WANT TO KNOW.
Jim ><///'>><///'>

Ron Fogelson

• See You On the Water
  • Admin
  • IMPULSE RODS! Never lets you down in a fight
    • Kistler Custom Fishing Rods
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2006, 12:12:26 PM »

The sad part about this  :'( is that they now own Stren.  I really hope they dont start messing with that formula.  Can't get the Stren floracarbon anymore  :'( Probably just stick with Stren Monos unless I find out they have been changed to Tri... I cant even get myself to type it.  :roll2: Don't tell me if they already done I DON"T WANT TO KNOW.

Yep Stren is all I use & now that they merged Stren Floro is off the market so Vanish don't have to compeat with it.  If the Mono changes up to reflect the "T" brand I will all so have to find a new company to support.

topcat

• Ultimate Basser
  • FnG
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2006, 09:07:54 PM »

Hi Fogy....I hope that doesn't happen.....I love the Stren Magnathin line I use it 
a lot of different techniques.....If it does I will have to start looking for another
mono..company to........

Topcat

bass11.11

• Smallmouth
  • Jeff Nash
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2006, 07:27:47 PM »

I have to tell you I tried P-line spectra braid, vanish f-carbon.  I broke off several on the p-line 30 lb at the knot,  the vanish kept coiling up like a spring.  I always end up back with berkley big game 15-20 lb line.  I now it will hang in there as long as I re-tie every couple of fish. :)

Wristpin1

• Smallmouth
  • FnG
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2006, 12:14:07 PM »

Wow...It's funny how folks have different experiences with certain lines...Vanish is the only Berkely product I'll use.  Caught a 15lb Blue Cat on 8lb Vanish the other day! My jig was way down in her gullet and she had me around a stump for a little bit too.

Ouachita

« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2006, 12:55:48 PM »

Spray that Vanish down with Reel Majic or KVDs spray to reduce that coiling. At the very least I tie on a Vanish leader using a J knot. The invisibility does make a difference in clear water. I toss a lot of braid until the water is gin clear, then use the leader, 6-8' long. One thing above all, WET the knot and ONLY pull down on the TAG end when cinching it up.

Jim

Charles E. White

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2006, 10:45:12 PM »

I tried the Vanish last year, put it on my reel, went fishing, came back home and took the stuff off LOL

The memory was awful in it, not counting the tying ability of it. I thought it was the worst line I ever used and I think I have about used them all at one time or another.  (got a big discount since I owned two tackle stores at one time....the owner liked me LOL)
Charles E. White

FIREMAG6969

• Smallmouth
  • BASSIN
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2006, 03:47:04 PM »

I HAVE ALOT OF PROBLEMS WITH VANISH BREAKING ON ME IF I SET THE HOOK TO HARD.
FIREMAG6969

Wristpin1

• Smallmouth
  • FnG
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2006, 07:40:58 PM »

TopCat, great post  ~c~ I have used vanish for leader on my carolina rigs and have had excellent success with it. In this particular set up I have to tie two knots with it and of course as with any line I lubricate the line very well before cinching the knot :-* The only flip to my success versuses what others have had is that I only use the 17 lb and it is very strong anyway  ;)

I been using 14lb and 8lb Vanish for a couple years now and am very happy with it. The only Berkely product I use.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 23 queries.