Started by fishforfree, January 31, 2006, 10:02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lipripper

Karl is that what you use on yours.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

GotstaFish

Quote from: Lipripper on April 24, 2007, 04:11:29 PM
Karl is that what you use on yours.
I use the bright yellow most of the time. I do have a few spooled with the moss green.
[Please enable JavaScript to see this content]

theskinnyde

If you read into the cajun red material it doesnt disappear like it does untill its at lease 15 feet depp.

scatch1

i ,m with Clubber but i am a sucker for green. green truck,boat ,green vibrashocks.

mlakrid

Quote from: Rattle on April 24, 2007, 01:28:03 PM
I do know that I haven't found that anyone I'm fishing with that is using regular mono is getting any more bites than I am and vise versa. I like the red because I can see it above water which makes it easier to watch my line.

AMEN!

Quote from: GotstaFish on April 24, 2007, 03:54:26 PM
Power Pro has a red line out also.

Phantom Red is the name, and I purchased a 1500 yd spool of 50lb power pro for $100

:D

I love it!

Mike A!
Land O Lakes, FL
A Bad day on the water is still better than the best day at work!!@!!

JayPea2006

Scott, I believe it to all be a marketing gimmick for the simple fact that though red disappears, the object it's covering doesn't, only turns to black. I was watching a video yesterday of what different colored lures do underwater as they travel deeper and eventually everything turns to black anyhow.

It's all a bunch of hocus pocus hoooey.

You want your hooks to be invisible? Coat them in a clear coat Ultra-Violet (UV) blocker, basically a sunscreen. Fish have a natural sun blocker in their skin (ever see a sunburned fish?) and it's my belief that fish see in color, but not as we do, but rather much like a temperature heat index/color index. I think different fish and other prey items put off different heat/UV sigiatures in water, thus making one creature less seen than another one.

I believe the slime coat on a fish is this UV blocker itself.

bassn1

Quote from: JayPea2006 on April 25, 2007, 06:51:29 AM
Scott, I believe it to all be a marketing gimmick for the simple fact that though red disappears, the object it's covering doesn't, only turns to black. I was watching a video yesterday of what different colored lures do underwater as they travel deeper and eventually everything turns to black anyhow.

You want your hooks to be invisible? Coat them in a clear coat Ultra-Violet (UV) blocker, basically a sunscreen. Fish have a natural sun blocker in their skin (ever see a sunburned fish?) and it's my belief that fish see in color, but not as we do, but rather much like a temperature heat index/color index. I think different fish and other prey items put off different heat/UV sigiatures in water, thus making one creature less seen than another one.

I believe the slime coat on a fish is this UV blocker itself.

Very curious theory. Might have to do some reseach on this one. Something else to occupy my mind in all this rain

"Success is a Journey. Not a destination".

GotstaFish

Quote from: JayPea2006 on April 25, 2007, 06:51:29 AM

You want your hooks to be invisible? Coat them in a clear coat Ultra-Violet (UV) blocker, basically a sunscreen. Fish have a natural sun blocker in their skin (ever 

~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~

Dug

The problem is, it's all theory and it's all opinion.   What we need is proof one way or the other. Until then I will believe whatever I chose to and I will let you believe whatever you choose to do.  Permit me the same courtesy.   If I ever get a chance to communicate with a Bass or other fish, I will let you know........  lo lo
What do I believe?
I believe:
Red turns to black at 15 meters. before that it's red.
I believe Red does not hinder fishing.
I believe red hooks do add something to attract fish under certain conditions (Namely clear blue skies)
I have no opinion on red line but I haven't gone out of my way to try it.

I believe Jack Daniels is good for hair growth   ;D

I believe scotch drinkers are egomaniacs   ;)

I believe coors and coors light are over rated   :P

I believe I will go fishing this weekend   ~c~

The only one of these that is certain is that I will go fishing this weekend......   :)

Dug
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away.

Jared LeBlue

These types of post always draws good discussion and it is interesting to see what most people believe and don't believe as well as the reasoning behind their belief or disbelief. To break this all down is quite simple:

Do you have to have a big fancy bass boat to compete or be successful in bass fishing?
Do you have to have top quality rods and reels to compete or be successful in bass fishing?
Do you have to have $15 crankbaits or other high dollar baits to compete or be successful in bass fishing?
Do you have to have red line or red hooks to compete or be successful in bass fishing?

The answer to all of these questions is NO.
There is one thing that you must have to compete or be successful at bass fishing.

Confidence
Ardent Prostaff

GotstaFish

Quote from: Rattle on April 25, 2007, 11:03:10 AM
These types of post always draws good discussion and it is interesting to see what most people believe and don't believe as well as the reasoning behind their belief or disbelief. To break this all down is quite simple:

Do you have to have a big fancy bass boat to compete or be successful in bass fishing?
Do you have to have top quality rods and reels to compete or be successful in bass fishing?
Do you have to have $15 crankbaits or other high dollar baits to compete or be successful in bass fishing?
Do you have to have red line or red hooks to compete or be successful in bass fishing?

The answer to all of these questions is NO.
There is one thing that you must have to compete or be successful at bass fishing.

Confidence
Another great point  ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~

Quote from: Dug on April 25, 2007, 10:28:24 AM
The problem is, it's all theory and it's all opinion.   What we need is proof one way or the other. Until then I will believe whatever I chose to and I will let you believe whatever you choose to do.  Permit me the same courtesy.   If I ever get a chance to communicate with a Bass or other fish, I will let you know........  lo lo
What do I believe?
I believe:
Red turns to black at 15 meters. before that it's red.
I believe Red does not hinder fishing.
I believe red hooks do add something to attract fish under certain conditions (Namely clear blue skies)
I have no opinion on red line but I haven't gone out of my way to try it.

I believe Jack Daniels is good for hair growth   ;D

I believe scotch drinkers are egomaniacs   ;)

I believe coors and coors light are over rated   :P

I believe I will go fishing this weekend   ~c~

The only one of these that is certain is that I will go fishing this weekend......   :)

Dug
And I'll buy all of that too  :roll2:

BassBUFF

OK Dug, you owe me a new keyboard! ~roflmao :roll2:

Dug

lo

I wouldn't count on getting it anytime soon.  I am fresh out of keyboard money. Sorry. 

~roflmao
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away.

GotstaFish

Quote from: Dug on April 25, 2007, 05:58:06 PM
lo

I wouldn't count on getting it anytime soon.  I am fresh out of keyboard money. Sorry. 

~roflmao
Get him one with some red keys. I heard they make you type faster  :roll2:

Jared LeBlue

Quote from: GotstaFish on April 25, 2007, 08:16:08 PM
Get him one with some red keys. I heard they make you type faster  :roll2:

It depends on what type of light he has in his house. The keys may disappear 15 inches away. :roll2:
Ardent Prostaff

GotstaFish

Quote from: Rattle on April 25, 2007, 08:19:56 PM
It depends on what type of light he has in his house. The keys may disappear 15 inches away. :roll2:
:roll2: :roll2: :roll2: ~beer~ ~roflmao ~roflmao ~roflmao
Now I need a new keyboard  lo

BassBUFF

:bang Crap! There goeas another one! You two are on the "list" also!! :roll2: :roll2:

theskinnyde

topcat

Heres my two cent....This topic will never cease.....we caught fish and lots of them before they came out with this marketing gimmick...to get us to buy into the color Red..I myself like to keep it simple so I'll stay with what has proved to catch fish a good presentation and movement and trash the rest..IMHO.....

Now where are those apple red worms I caught them fish on the other day ....  ~gator ....  :roll2:

Topcat

GotstaFish

Quote from: theskinnyde on April 26, 2007, 09:39:56 AM
LOL you guys are crazy!!
I prefer the word "Disturbed" thank you very much  :roll2:

pretjah

Quote from: GotstaFish on April 26, 2007, 11:48:49 AM
I prefer the word "Disturbed" thank you very much  :roll2:

or as i like to put it..."VOID OF NORMALCY"!!!!

Dug

Quote from: pretjah on April 26, 2007, 11:51:28 AM

or as i like to put it..."VOID OF NORMALCY"!!!!

not completely void.  Perhaps Low level normalcy, but there are SOME things I do normal.
Dug

theskinnyde

I prefer to say you guys must have no life lol!! So how is this relevant to "red line" LoL i am just tring to give you all a hard time!

GotstaFish

Quote from: theskinnyde on April 26, 2007, 01:22:29 PM
I prefer to say you guys must have no life lol!! So how is this relevant to "red line" LoL i am just tring to give you all a hard time!
No Life  :o Son, I got a life and life is good  ~shade lo Oh, and red line is not a part of it lo

theskinnyde

Quote from: GotstaFish on April 26, 2007, 01:46:59 PM
No Life  :o Son, I got a life and life is good  ~shade lo Oh, and red line is not a part of it lo

Straight up gangsta! :fishy