Lews Reels

Started by aydensdad, December 26, 2012, 07:38:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Bush

Quote from: Down4ttown on December 28, 2012, 07:46:56 AM
I got another Team Lew's for Christmas and must say it is awesome. I am buying myself a Shimano Chronarch 200E5 for Cranking. Comparison will be coming.

Which Team reel?

I got a few of these.  The Team Pro.

ʇuǝɹq™

I have two of those and I love them.  I also have a BB1, Tourney MG, and 4 Tournaments. Love those as well.

Down4ttown

Quote from: Mike Bush on December 28, 2012, 08:30:36 AM
Which Team reel?

Yes I just got this one. The other one I have is the team lew's speed spool with red accent.

Jim VR

I have about a dozen of the Lew's baitcasting reels now. In my opinion, in their price, they are great reels!

Jim Van Ryn
www.therodglove.com

beast96z

I recently purchased the the reel with the red accents for Black Friday, then got the team gold for Christmas. They are the same reel, the red accent one is just $20 more for some reason. I imagine that one will be phased out. With that said, the Team Pro looks very similar to the team gold. Looks like they just shaved weight with the eva knobs and added a few accent pieces. I'd be interested to know all the differences.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

-Shawn-

I am on the phone, so not sure if this has been said but listed drag pressure is quite a bit lower than actual drag pressure.

A curado E will make alot more than 11lbs of drag. I am sure a Lews will too.

Camden

just gotta say that Im glad to hear how much everyone loves their Lews Reels.
Its been awhile since I bought my first and i am so glad i did.

Down4ttown

Lews have been great.

JMGullo

Quote from: Camden on December 31, 2012, 12:28:21 PM
just gotta say that Im glad to hear how much everyone loves their Lews Reels.
Its been awhile since I bought my first and i am so glad i did.

X2

Canesfan

Thanks to Camden I bought my first one and now only have 3 so far.

Camden

I try to convert as man as I can lo Im like a Lews missionary lo lo lo

Bigwrench

Quote from: Camden on December 31, 2012, 05:02:20 PM
I try to convert as man as I can lo Im like a Lews missionary lo lo lo
You guys got me on the Lews train too 4 so far 10 More to go :).
3 Dobyns 11 more to go :) 
Stop by the Garage and let me know if you have Maintenance issues that you need assistance with.

TTS

Have a Tournament Pro coming.  Can't wait.   Looong wait before I actually get to use it.  Now to decide which one to get next...?   Tom

Highlander

I have the bb1 on order, it's on backorder from cabelas but from the reviews I have seen on it the thing casts to the end of earth.
Can't wait to cast the thing.
Got the 5.1 for cranks and such.
I want to get the tourney pro also but that's also on backorder :( but not in a hurry cause boats winterized anyway
I also have to space them out so the wife don't catch on :)
Rather be fishing than working! :)

pondboss

How are the older Lews reels?  I see a bunch of them on EBAY and was wondering if they might be worth picking up. 

The early bird may indeed get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

JMGullo

Quote from: Bigwrench on December 31, 2012, 07:47:47 PM
You guys got me on the Lews train too 4 so far 10 More to go :).
3 Dobyns 11 more to go :)

Your wife must hate me!! lol

Jesse McNutt

Quote from: aydensdad on December 26, 2012, 09:37:32 AM
Anybody have experience with their spinning reels?
I met a guy on facebook who hooked me up with two speed spins (ss200's) for $25 a reel. THIS IS NO JOKE. They are awsome reels, very well built. I fitted them on two 7' Lew's laser speed sticks, one is medium and one is medium lite. They are "woops"y!!!
Lew's ~ Stren ~ Arkie ~ Strike King ~ Jackall ~ Big Bite Baits ~ Stanley Jigs ~ Luck E Strike ~ Skeeter-Yamaha

-Shawn-

Quote from: pondboss on December 31, 2012, 11:30:56 PM
How are the older Lews reels?  I see a bunch of them on EBAY and was wondering if they might be worth picking up.

Buying Older ones is like Buying Old BassPro reels...........  Parts are going to be impossible to come by.......... So when they Break........ They have to go in the trash.

TNDiver

What Lews spinning reels would you guys recommend for finesse fishing for bass?
There is nothing like sharing any moment outdoors with someone special!

UB Life Member: Starcraft Deck Boat with Minnkota Fortrex and Garmin Echomap Plus

beast96z

They only have one line of bass spinning reels. I would get a 2500. They retail for $50.

TNDiver

Quote from: beast96z on January 05, 2013, 12:41:19 PM
They only have one line of bass spinning reels. I would get a 2500. They retail for $50.

I love simplicity!
There is nothing like sharing any moment outdoors with someone special!

UB Life Member: Starcraft Deck Boat with Minnkota Fortrex and Garmin Echomap Plus

Pferox

I got a 4000 speed spin just before Christmas and used it in the salt a few times. Fantastic little reel, I have it  on one of my glass bait rods, and it handles 20lb fireline with no problem.
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

pmccleave

Quote from: Mike Bush on December 28, 2012, 08:30:36 AM
Which Team reel?

I have one of these and two of the ones just under this one and I am pretty well convinced I like the two lower priced ones better.  With that said I love all three and can't see me buying any other brand of reel at this time.  I have them paired up with two G-Loomis NRX Rods and one Kistler Rod.  Great Combos.

See Ya,

Pat

Gwamba

Quote from: TNDiver on January 05, 2013, 09:42:21 AM
What Lews spinning reels would you guys recommend for finesse fishing for bass?
They have 3 levels of spinning reels...no 2500s or 4000s for a couple years now these Speed Spools are their top reels and they have better quality bearings and are redesigned for 2013...They are as good/better as anything out there under 80$... I would recommend the 200ss for finesse bass work...I have been guiding with them for two seasons now w/o a hiccup... ~b~

http://lews.com/spinning-reels.htm#2
Dobyns Rods   Piscifun Reels   Xcite Baits 
Rapala  Strike King

Jesse McNutt

Quote from: Gwamba on January 30, 2013, 12:06:05 AM
They have 3 levels of spinning reels...no 2500s or 4000s for a couple years now these Speed Spools are their top reels and they have better quality bearings and are redesigned for 2013...They are as good/better as anything out there under 80$... I would recommend the 200ss for finesse bass work...I have been guiding with them for two seasons now w/o a hiccup... ~b~

http://lews.com/spinning-reels.htm#2
I like the SS200's for fishing plastics and cranks. The 300 is awsome for spinnerbaits and spoons, it has 31 ipt making it ideal for burning baits. Try finding a quality baitcaster for $50 that can match. Just love these reels.
Lew's ~ Stren ~ Arkie ~ Strike King ~ Jackall ~ Big Bite Baits ~ Stanley Jigs ~ Luck E Strike ~ Skeeter-Yamaha