Boat Question

Started by Shaneomac1, January 30, 2013, 02:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shaneomac1

Most fisherman love their Boats( unless they just had to settle to have something to float out of). That being said What "One" other brand boat would you buy and why?

:-*

BASSCATRPUKE

Basscat!!!!  :fishy ~gator

NOT!!!....Probably a Skeeter..I would have said Champion prior to the stinking Stratos/champion deal
Big bad Bill is sweet William now!!!

Shaneomac1

Quote from: BASSCATRPUKE on January 30, 2013, 03:04:08 PM
Basscat!!!!  :fishy ~gator

NOT!!!....Probably a Skeeter..I would have said Champion prior to the stinking Stratos/champion deal

Was the first part necessary, we all know you dont like them.. :-\

BASSCATRPUKE

Quote from: Shaneomac1 on January 30, 2013, 03:06:44 PM

Was the first part necessary, we all know you dont like them.. :-\
~shhh

jbizkit3000

Very good question!!

I think I bought the right boat. God knows I wanted one for a long time. For the most part I am very pleased with my Basscat.

I guess it would have to be Phoenix or Ranger. I loved my Ranger and it was a great boat.
The Phoenix has some features that other boats dont. The main one is the all aluminum gas tank. No more gas small when you open the rod box or lids. The vapors dont come thru like the plastic tanks. 95% of bass boats have plastic. On thing about a Phoenix people dont know is they are heavy. They weigh more than some Rangers just depends on what model. They also dont run as fast, kind of like a Ranger. Ranger was like fishing off a dock, it didnt move!!

BassCat is like all those boats rolled into one. They say total performance boats for a reason.
It has a high performance hull, stable, fishes great, rides smooth, drives great and can also go fast. Some cats can run down a bullet or stay with them. I am talking the puma, eyra, and cougar. Some of which has hit 80-85 MPH. Everyone will differ on this.

BASSCATRPUKE

Quote from: Shaneomac1 on January 30, 2013, 02:57:15 PM
Most fisherman love their Boats( unless they just had to settle to have something to float out of). That being said What "One" other brand boat would you buy and why?

:-*

Some border on fatal attraction

Shaneomac1

I would say skeeter( I class) but not a yammer hammer fan so i would go with the Ranger most likely or the new elite stratos boats( they will take the stratos logos off and put champions on there for ya)

Buck237

Well I haven't been in a Phoenix yet and Storm is under new management right now so I would have to stick with a Ranger. I mean they have been getting it right for 45 years

Buck237

Quote from: Shaneomac1 on January 30, 2013, 03:27:12 PM
I would say skeeter( I class) but not a yammer hammer fan so i would go with the Ranger most likely or the new elite stratos boats( they will take the stratos logos off and put champions on there for ya)

You know you want a STRATOS don't deny it. Like riding in a Cadillac

Shaneomac1

Quote from: Buck237 on January 30, 2013, 03:30:55 PM
You know you want a STRATOS don't deny it. Like riding in a Cadillac

yeah an 86 broham with no suspension

GotBass

I would love to get one of the new Ranger aluminum boats their coming out with. They look great.

Shaneomac1

Quote from: GotBass on January 30, 2013, 03:43:17 PM
I would love to get one of the new Ranger aluminum boats their coming out with. They look great.

those are nice

Buck237

Shaneomac1

flipnupheads

If I had enough money, I would do a Sterling. They are incredible. And a new decked out Sterling is 10k less than the FX Skeeter or z521 ranger.

Since Sterling is close to a Gambler, and if I had to choose a different brand I would reseaerch and test a Pheonix, Legend 211, Basscat puma and choose from them based on quality, how I was treated performance, and who gave me the best deal. Also factor in the bonus bucks programs available. All 3 are not common and of extremely high quality and family owned.