Okuma Reflexion Casting Rod

Started by HunterFB, February 11, 2013, 09:57:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HunterFB

I did get an Okuma casting rod, a Reflexion entry-level model from Okuma.  I had it for about 4 months before the handle crumbled like bamboo does when it is crushed.  I did this by casting a crankbait.  The rod is balanced, and although it is duct taped  to keep it fairly workable, I still use it for finess fishing and spinnerbaits that I flip short distances to log jams and such.  Maybe I am just stubborn and want my $70  worth out of it before I give up on it.  The guides are awesome, they have never missed a beat.  The handles and cork are great.  Other than the weak construction, (you get what you pay for), they are not bad.  Still, for that price, I could have picked up 2 Ugly Sticks and not had a break.
You can't catch them on the couch!!
-Hunter

Ron Fogelson

Sorry to hear you have an issue with this rod. 

Did you know Okuma Reflexion rods are backed by a limited lifetime warranty?

Did you ever contact Okuma to let them know there was an issue?

ash

sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but i've had issues with two of these rods.  the first snapped while casting a 1/8 spinner.  i went through the whole trouble of returning it, paying for shipping and eventually got my replacement.  the replacement lasted a total of 2 months before the same thing happened.  never had an issue with other manufacturer's rods. 

at this point, i'm just cutting my losses.  i don't see the point of having to pay shipping a second time for what is, imho, an inferior product.  i don't say that lightly as i have a number of okuma products (citrix rod/reel, calera, and solaris surf rod) that have been, and continue to be, a joy to fish with.
just because you can, doesn't mean you should

HunterFB

Quote from: ash on March 12, 2013, 05:15:41 PM
at this point, i'm just cutting my losses.  i don't see the point of having to pay shipping a second time for what is, imho, an inferior product.  i don't say that lightly as i have a number of okuma products (citrix rod/reel, calera, and solaris surf rod) that have been, and continue to be, a joy to fish with.

Exactly.  St Croix has a limited lifetime warranty, but the best thing about it is you will never have to call them out on it and use it, because the rod will just not break on you.  I have BEATEN the tar out of mine, stepped on it, caught it in the boards of the boat docks a few times, sat on it, never broke it.  Have had it for years and it is just as good as it ever was, light and strong.  At $120 it was the best score for the black beauty.  Put a Shimano Curado on it, and I can pitch jigs, toss spinnerbaits, run crankbaits, shakey heads, actually, it is the best all around rod in my arsenal.  Sometimes, I have trouble deciding what to tie on it to start the day, because it handles everything I put on there as good or better than my G Loomis rods I paid 5 X the amount for!!  SAVE yourself the money, and get one of those.  OKUMA may have some decent stuff, but fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.
You can't catch them on the couch!!
-Hunter