The ride in rough water

Started by riptr186, April 04, 2013, 09:16:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

riptr186

How does this boat handle rough water?
Been told that the boats don't have enough cushion in the seats, 2 different people have told me this, they said it felt like they should have a big bruise on there hind end, and there back.
Just wanted to know.  New boat plans in the works.
riptr186

chief31794

What boat, I didn't see the type of boat you're talking about or a picture of it. Maybe I missed something.

Chief
Chief
God Bless America and those who defend her.

Mike Cork

That's a very interesting statement? For two reasons, first is that Legend is the smoothest boat I've ever driven in rough water. I have never felt like I've hit waves hard enough to put bruises on me?

Second is that Legend uses a gel pack seat cushion and there is plenty of it in the seat. That along with a slight wrap on each side makes for a perfect butt implant. The older LE models didn't have this kind of seating and maybe that's where this is coming from, IDK.

I would put Legends ride and comfort in that ride above any other boat on the market.

All that said an experienced versus inexperienced driver can make all the difference in the world for a co angler or non boater.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

-Shawn-

I would say Whomever said they got bruised probably didn't know how to drive a boat in rough water.

I have an LE21 and that was before the Gel seats and I routinely run 50 miles a day on big water and I have never been Bruised in my legend.

BassBUFF

I have an LE195. The very back part of the bottom cushions on the LE's have a cross bar that can be felt if you're sitting with your butt all the way in the back of the seat, like if you're leaning forward. I've had passengers mention this before. However, I've had those same passengers say that was the best rough water ride they've ever been in. ;D

Nelsonv1975

Super smooth. My Alpha 211 cut across the water today with winds 20-30 and wasn't even bumpy. Once your on plane it's smooth sailing and dry.
Thank you to, Stanley Jigs Inc., El Grande Lures, McCoy Fishing Line, River2Sea, NolanOutdoors, Cutting Edge Landscaping,LLC

riptr186

Thaks for the info.
I do look forward to buying one of these boats in the future (would have bought one this year but ended up buying a camp at Teldo Bend).
It was a good buy, but put me in a postion to have to put off buying a new Tactical boat till next year.
Thanks again......... ~fff
riptr186

Mike Cork

Hum Camp on Toledo or a boat.... Tough call....

Looking forward to seeing which Tactical you get :-* If you need a ride in a Legend just let any of us know and we'll get you set up :-*

Cork's Reel Service

Elwood

I own a different brand of boat but have fished a few tournaments out of Legend boats and was quite impressed with the rough water ride.  I remember one T one Caddo with 30-35 winds and we crossed the lake a few times with no worries.  If you are not fimiliar with Caddo it is a shallow water lake with a large open area that will test any hull with just a steady 20 mph wind.  You will not be disappointed and I was impressed.
Elwood
Bass Cat Boats Moderator / Dobyns Rods Pro Staff
2020 Bass Cat Eyra 2020 Mercury 300R 4S

Bobby Saffel

Quote from: Elwood on April 11, 2013, 12:35:23 PM
I own a different brand of boat but have fished a few tournaments out of Legend boats and was quite impressed with the rough water ride.  I remember one T one Caddo with 30-35 winds and we crossed the lake a few times with no worries.  If you are not fimiliar with Caddo it is a shallow water lake with a large open area that will test any hull with just a steady 20 mph wind.  You will not be disappointed and I was impressed.

A 10mph wind on caddo is enough to make white caps

riptr186

Thanks everyone for the info.  Can't wait to get in a position to order my boat.  But in the mean time I will enjoy the camp I bought, and keep on dreming till I get to get it.......... ~gf
riptr186

Mike Cork

If I had a camp on Toledo I'd definitely want a good rough water boat. Legend will give you the best performance in big waves and you get to keep your kidneys  :-*

Cork's Reel Service

Facepunch

Can't go wrong with a champion either. I had a 30min ride up the Potomac the other day in 25mph+ wind in a buddy's boat and it didn't leave me bruised or beaten up.

Mike Cork

yep a champion is a good riding boat. I don't know about now that they've hybrid them with the Stratos?

Cork's Reel Service

K2Racing

Have seen new Stratos at TNT, good looking boats. Look identical to the Champions before they disappeared