Restored my Daddy's 1996 V-180C

Started by trey682, April 16, 2013, 09:45:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trey682

My Daddy passed away last year and I decided to restore his favorite thing...his 1996 ProCraft V-180C.  It took several months and lots of $$ but I think I did it justice.  When I started, the boat was not lake worthy.  The fiberglass was all cracked and faded and the interior was completely ruined.  I took pics from beginning to end but here are a couple of the final pics of what it looks like now.  If you like it, let me know.  Validation is always nice  :)

[attachment outdated - deleted by admin]

Mike Cork

Looks like you did an awesome job :toot: Congrats on a beautiful restore.

Love the decal on the transom, that's cool ~c~ ~c~

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Lee Smith

Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

Craig314

Sweet looking ride outstanding job       :-*
A bad day fishin beats a good day workin!!!! or as my daddy says when all else fails use dynamite!

H8R

Keep her alive and kicking man! Nice job!

oldjim

Great job looks like new, your daddy would be proud.
Oldjim

West6550

Nice! I'd love to see the progress along they way pictures! Again great job!

trey682

Here are some before pics of the interior issues I was facing when I started..  The dash and all the wiring was a mess!  Interior totally destroyed by years of not being covered.  As my dad got older, he spent less time doing all the regular maintenance.

trey682

Pics of the bow control wiring and paint issues.  If you look at the fiberglass, you can see how pitted and faded it was. 

trey682

More interior and some in-progress trailer restoration shots..  The trailer was completely stripped down with the help of my wife  ;D 

trey682

Replacing throttle control and seats are going in..  I found the seats on the Internet.  The upholstery shop was going to charge a ton of cash to redo the seats.  I found these factory replacements that had been sitting in a box for 10 years waiting on an owner with the right boat to come along.  I got lucky on that one!! 

trey682

Decal install, windshield restoration, and interior..

Thanks to Discontinued Decals.Com for custom making decals just for my boat.  I HIGHLY recommend them if you have any decals or logos that need replacing! www.discontinueddecals.com  Also thanks to Superior Fiberglass in Oklahoma City for doing a great job bringing the fiberglass back to life.

trey682

I didn't like the little crappy plastic trolling motor plug system so I replaced it with something more sturdy and rewired everything.  From experience, the plug gets accidentally kicked and the pins get all hosed up.  I replaced it with metal trailer plugs.  Here are a couple pics right after I finished completely restoring the trailer with all new wiring, lighting, wheels, components, and paint.  That was pretty fun!  I decided to use truck bed liner for the repaint.  It worked out very well and is super durable!!  Looks pretty good too I think.

trey682

Cleaner finished project pictures..  All done.  Now I am ready to go to the lake.  I am just waiting for a nice Saturday so my Family and I can make the debut.  Soooo exitied!  I love you Daddy!

JLO

YAY! Daddy's smiling down on you....and he'll be GRINNIN when he sees you on the water with his baby! :traffic:

Mike Cork

Looks like a brand new rig. Great Job :toot:

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

CraigP83

absolutely amazing, you should be really proud

West6550

Awesome job man and done with love. Enjoy!

trey682

Thanks guys.  Feels really good to know it is been done and done right.  I appreciate the compliments!!
~c~

Makaira76

Awesome work.  Keep it in the family and the legacy goes on with you. Daddy is smiling from above. ^-^

Bigwrench

Man that thing looks sweet ! Great job and thanks for sharing your restore !
Stop by the Garage and let me know if you have Maintenance issues that you need assistance with.

Warhawk

Outstanding!  Your daddy is very proud.

sprolese

Looks great! Where'd ya get the wheels?

heathmc

Outstanding job!  No doubt you put some love into that boat.  He would be proud.