Three Mile

Started by tmwilson, April 16, 2013, 01:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmwilson

Has anyone been down there yet this year or know what to expect around these water temps?  From the reports the water is still 41 degrees.  I will be trying my luck or skills on the 4th of May.  I am hoping after the most recent warmer rains and a couple weeks of decent temps before I head down the fish will become a bit more active.

Dean Machine

Tim,

The Fishers of Men held a tournament there on April 6th and the fishing was pretty tough. The water temps at the time were in the mid 40's. I would guess that the temps are probably 50-52 by now and the fishing has probably gotten better.

There is also much talk thet the Three mile fishery is taking bass out and putting them in different area lakes. I have checked on this and have found no "proof" that this is actually happening. However I had some guys fishing there for three days and never got a single bite.  :shocking:

I haven't heard anything in a couple of weeks. I will be fishing a tournament at 12 mile this weekend and I'll try to remember to put a post regarding the results from 12 mile.

Good luck and give us a report after you've fished it

Dean
Razr Rods Pro Staff, Trendsetter Tackle Pro Staff
2005 Nitro 929, 225 Mercury Optimax, Humminbird electronics

tmwilson

Well, due to the weather I will not be making it down to Three Mile, or fishing anywhere this weekend for that matter.  I might try to make it out to Big Creek if the weather turns around by Sunday, but not really expecting to catch any fish there.

It figures, I get my first boat and there isn't a decent weekend to get it out and it is already May.