Okinawa Fishing Info.

Started by BenFishing, April 22, 2013, 02:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BenFishing

Quote from: HogPatrol on November 04, 2015, 12:56:00 AM
Hey BenFishing, I've been on island for a few months and would like to get some info for good bass fishing spots. Any info helps. Thanks!

Hog,
Sorry it took a while, but I got a message sent to you with the info.
Ben
Yes, that is a gator in my profile picture, but I was trying to catch a bass, so it counts!
One 3ft long, 10 pound "Largemouth" for me.

jzim2448

Hello BenFishing! I hope your still able to get messages from here. I am of course wanting some info as well please. Email me with anything you have.

Thank you very much!!! ~cf

BenFishing

Quote from: jzim2448 on January 05, 2016, 07:54:23 AM
Hello BenFishing! I hope your still able to get messages from here. I am of course wanting some info as well please. Email me with anything you have.

Thank you very much!!! ~cf

Jzim,
Sent you a message.  Hope it helps, and you get on some bass.
Yes, that is a gator in my profile picture, but I was trying to catch a bass, so it counts!

mr wizard

Going to Okinawa in a week to visit my Marine and his family. Would really like to do some bass fishing while I'm there. Still sending out info? Thanks in advance!

BenFishing

Quote from: mr wizard on February 15, 2016, 07:49:17 AM
Going to Okinawa in a week to visit my Marine and his family. Would really like to do some bass fishing while I'm there. Still sending out info? Thanks in advance!

Mr Wizard,
Message sent.  Have fun over there, and I hope you get out on a saltwater charter out there, too!

Idot69

Could you also message me some info on bass fishing in oki? Thanks.

Whitten1823

Hey there Ben. Been bass fishing for 35 years and I moved to Okinawa about two months ago. I'm missing bass like crazy! I was wondering if I could get some of your knowledge or websites I could go to? Thank you in advance for any information given.

WWA

Benfishing I'm on Okinawa on business.  I lived in Korea for a total of 14 years and loved the bass fishing there.  For the most part they are not pressured.  Would like to try the bass on the island.  Would appreciate any tips to help get after them.

Ed123

Sorry for bringing up the old thread, I would like any tips on fishing in oki (mainly for peacock bass, but anything would be appreciated. By the way your post and seeing that you were giving out information is the sole reason I created an account. Thank you very much to anybody who replies!

Farmerkyle131

Hey I'm deffinately looking to do some fishing out here! Am looking forward to the info

DookieEater

How's it going BenFishing. I'm fairly new to island since I'm going to be here for a while. Everybody back home is fishing their fair share of Bass and I am wanting to learn where I can fish some Bass out here in Oki. If you could, I would like a location near where I am at. PM(EMAIL WILL BE BEST OPTION FOR ME) for more details on where I am and where to go and such. Thanks.

Nitro912

Hey ben, not sure if you still around but I have been here on Okinawa for about 2 months. Trying to get any info on the fishing here. We went deep sea fishing and it was great but my heart wants the lakes and rivers. Please help

Nitro912

Does anyone have the info on the bass fishing here in okinawa? Here is my email address   thanks

BenFishing

Hey guys, sorry for the long delay in response time.

Went on vacation a few months ago, and kind of forgot about the site for a bit.

I have been off Okinawa for a few years, and it seems a lot has changed.  Some laws have changed, some areas I fished are now fenced off, and it seems tiny bass have taken over the island.

I'm trying to get more info so I can give out good tips and not send you guys on wild goose chases.

There is a Facebook group of guys who bass fish in Okinawa, called Okinawa Bass Fishing.  It's a closed group, so you'll have to search for it and request to be a member.

Mlatonis

@BenFishing... Not sure if you are still posting here or checking here but I have been in Oki for two years and have done a lot of fishing. Primarily deep sea and surf. But the fresh water fish have eluded me. If  you could please send any pro-tips my way it would be greatly appreciated.
~ Matt

Mike Cork

Yes sir he's still around, if he doesn't respond soon, shot him a personal message  :-*

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Mlatonis

Quote from: Mike Cork on September 17, 2016, 08:27:42 AM
Yes sir he's still around, if he doesn't respond soon, shot him a personal message  :-*

Thanks!
~ Matt

BenFishing

Still around.
The river between  Kadena and Torii is your best shot. 
But it seems to be all small bass, now. 

Kurishiki Reservoir has a couple legal days, sometime in September-October time.  Its is different every year, and the local government is really secretive about sharing that info.

That is all the info I have, for now.  Too many other places have been closed off, now. 

FishingWithASoldier

I will be going to Okinawa this November for a 3 year tour. Would love to find some bass, but it won't let me PM you.

Fishing14devildog

I am a huge bass fisherman and I just got stationed in Okinawa Japan... Is there anyway we can talk threw email??

BenFishing

Messages sent, guys.  Sorry it isn't that much help.  I haven't got much news on what it is like since some of the old spots have been closed off.

Romejm2002

@Benfishing any way I could some info from you looking to fish some fresh water in oki

atkinsj242

Trying to find some spots to catch bass on Okinawa. For some reason I can email/PM you BenFishing.  Please hit me up with some info.

KrisG

@Benfishing Hi I've been fishing here on Okinawa for a while, but still have no luck fishing freshwater. If you could help with any info that would be much appreciated.

Dksong

Quote from: BenFishing on April 22, 2013, 02:46:07 PM

If you have any questions about largemouth bass, and/or peacock bass fishing in Okinawa, Japan, feel free to send me a message.  There was very little information when I got there, and it took years of asking and research to get real answers.  I do not have all the answers, but I can point you to some bass.
I know you posted this a long time ago, but i was wondering if you still had information on where to go to find some bass. Im pretty new to the island and cant seem to find any information.

Sent from my SCV33 using Tapatalk