Legends rough water ride AWESOME

Started by Mike Cork, February 12, 2006, 10:08:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cork

Last weekend, the afternoon ride was pretty windy with white caps. The LE-21 was a dream. At mid ranges you didn't even know the water was rough. Took her up to about 70 mph (gps) and we just ticked across the top of that mess like it was a mild ripple on the water.

A comfort ride doesn't get any better than this :toot:

Haven't drove her in rollers yet but I am sure it will be no sweat ;)

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

BIG PAPA

That is great Mike. It was pretty rough out there Sun. I know I was bouncing around.
papa ~c~

Pferox

Hey Mike, ya know ya ain't far from the ocean down in Okee, I bet we could figure out a way to test that boat in some BIG waves.  ~roflmao

Glad to hear you are happy with your new boat, that will help with the confidence level come tournament time.
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

Mike Cork

Yes I was amazed, the cobra I used to have would have handled it well but I must say that the legend handled it awesome. Didn't even really know it was that rough, until I made a turn at low RPM and caught a wave just right. We got a little spray on us. But once I got the boat up and running on pad it was excellent  ~c~ ~c~

Cork's Reel Service

cmegee

Mike, glad to see you and Laurie are enjoying a few lazy dayz on the water :roll2:, I can tell you that I was very impressed with the Legend and Know you will enjoy the heck out of it...

JayPea2006

Is there a UB Member discount on Legend's? After the drenching I got yesterday, sounds Like I could use one myself.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the new boat Mike.  ~c~

Mike Cork

Well, there can be a discount but you got to be willing to go to the factory to pick her up :-* cut out the dealer prep and shipping costs ;)

I am totally impressed with how smooth yet solid our legend rides. Even in calm water you can feel how solid this boat is built

Cork's Reel Service

Sharon

Get her ready Mike, remember, I have first dibs on a ride  ;D

Pferox

Quote from: Sharon on February 12, 2006, 11:08:33 AM
Get her ready Mike, remember, I have first dibs on a rideĀ  ;D

Awwwww man and then she is gonna want a legend......... ;)
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

Mike Cork

After you ride in one, better watch out cause you will be hooked. Just one ride is all it took :toot:

Cork's Reel Service

Pferox

I bet its nice, but it won't do the gulf real well.......otherwise....I actually might think seriously about it.

bassadict69

Mike, Did I see ya'll coming back from Cypress yesterday? I was on Wemple Rd. coming up on Airline & thought I seen ya heading south on Airline.

I bet Cypress was pretty rough yesterday also!

Mike Cork

That was proably us but we didn't launch. The white caps were busting straight on the ramp and I didn't want to have to deal with the dock, plus it was cold :'(

Cork's Reel Service