COPOLYMER questions,

Started by zachrf, May 12, 2013, 08:05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zachrf

yo zuri hybrid vs hi seas grand slam copolymer.
anyone have any input?
10lb test on a baitcaster if it helps.

LgMouthGambler

I have experience with YoZuri, and that stuff is tough as nails. Just make sure you get the regular YoZuri and not the Ultra Soft.

~cf
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

zachrf

does it stretch alot? i love braid but im not going to use 40lb braid for bass. to me it defeats the purpose of fighting a fish, but mono has too much stretch for my tastes

LgMouthGambler

Its got stretch, but any line like that will compared to braid, but its not like mono or fluoro. Its the closest thing you will get to braid without actually being braid. I use the 20lb on my CU100B for my swimbaits like the EZ swimmers. I use a big 6/0 swim hook, and need a good line with less visibility than braid, but enough backbone to be able to set the hook from a distance.

~cf
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

lunchbox

My experiences with Yo-Zuri have been the exact opposite of Lmgambler. The line stretched worse than any other premium line I have used. Heaven help you if you use a line conditioner! Maybe I had a bad batch. I would use the High Seas over Yo-Zuri, although I would use P-line Voltage (A.D.M.) or Sunline Supernatural (J.D.M.)

LgMouthGambler

Yes, you definitely need some KVD L&L on that line though.

Eric-Maine

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on May 12, 2013, 08:07:50 PM
I have experience with YoZuri, and that stuff is tough as nails. Just make sure you get the regular YoZuri and not the Ultra Soft.

~cf

Plus one.

yar

i use the yo-zuri Hybrid, and love it. never have broken off a fish since i have been using it. i use 6-10lb of the smoke color. 2yrs ago i put some 10lb on my BC for JB and Flukes, works great!..
www.Twin Forks Rod and Reel.com
LongIsland Bassmasters
NJ BassKickers

zachrf

the line conditioner is necessary for 10tb test? and most reviews that talk about stretch say its low. maybe you did just get a bad one. ill have to see once i get it soon. and with this line conditioner, what do you believe to be the best brand?

lunchbox

I openly admit I could have had a bad batch. As far as line conditioners go I use RMR industries K.V.D. Line and Lure conditioner. It works wonders on all sorts of line. Make sure you shake the heck out of the bottle first though.