Southern Bourbon

Started by Drake691, May 17, 2013, 09:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flowerjohn

Quote from: bassadict69 on April 28, 2016, 09:01:50 PM
Never been much of a fine spirits drinker, always drinking Beam & Makers, and when I wanted to splurge, I would spring for some Crown or some Makers 46. I still like the 46, but I do not ever see how I drank Crown since a buddy turned me onto the Blanton's.

I drink the crown and that is another reason to try blantons. Thanks man.

bassadict69

The crown gets put out on the counter at parties...the Blanton's, not so much!  ;) lo

CraigP83

Anybody try Stagg Jr? Almost pulled the trigger on a $45 750ml bottle, ended up buying beer instead

flowerjohn

Quote from: bassadict69 on April 29, 2016, 06:41:56 AM
The crown gets put out on the counter at parties...the Blanton's, not so much!  ;) lo

That sounds like good planning right there!!

31airborne

The Stagg Jr rox.  Worth every penny, IMHO.  A lil peppery (kinda like the Col Taylor).  It's a palate thing - you either like the peppery finish or you don't.  I like it.  A lot.

cojab

I like this thread.
I think I'm going to go make myself a drink!
TTK has spoken.

Polaris425

Back in the day before I quit, Makers was my favorite drinking whisky. We would occasionally splurge on a single barrel or special reserve.

Posted via TapaTalk for iPhone6
Fishin' Alabama
Building Rods, & Snatchin' Lips.

Pferox

I only drank Jack back in the day.  Crown Royal on special occasions.  Once in a great while I would take on a bottle of brandy.  You guys are way over my sober head now.
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

nats

[attachment outdated - deleted by admin]

nats

My kind of sand castle

nats

My sister lives in Lexington Kentucky, Where years ago she bought a partial barrel of makers. When it was aged she took a course to be certified to pour me a bottle and wax the top and have my name put on the label,awesome suprise   She also had pictures of herself in a lab coat and hairnet waxing the bottle,  very cool

MCS

^^ that's really awesome.
Romans 1:16    2 Corinthians 5:17     3 John 1:4
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

nats

Since I would never open the makers keepsake my sister got me, I will start on some others. Heres a pic of most of the bourbons I currently have.

31airborne

Dammit, boy.  You would hafta post that pic first thing on a MON morning.  Gonna be a looooooooooong week.

Nice tray.

nats

But I would never exclude non bourbon drinkers    ;D

MCS

Went back to st Pete visiting friends. Wife picked this up for Father's Day. Just got back home gonna try it later not technically a bourbon, an American Whiskey nonetheless!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

flowerjohn

That looks real fine !!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Polaris425

Fishin' Alabama
Building Rods, & Snatchin' Lips.

MCS

That Old St. Pete is really good. It's in my top 5 with Mitchners 10, Whistle Pig Rye, Knob Creek 10 small batch and 4 Roses Small batch Single Barrel.(but hey I am not a snob my everydays are benchmark, evan williams green or Ol JB white label) The St. Pete has a nice spice at the begining and a smoothness and a light fruity finish. I am impressed by how smooth it goes down.

nats

Quote from: MCS on June 21, 2016, 10:18:01 PM
That Old St. Pete is really good. It's in my top 5 with Mitchners 10, Whistle Pig Rye, Knob Creek 10 small batch and 4 Roses Small batch Single Barrel.(but hey I am not a snob my everydays are benchmark, evan williams green or Ol JB white label) The St. Pete has a nice spice at the begining and a smoothness and a light fruity finish. I am impressed by how smooth it goes down.
thanks for the review,since I also love a couple of the others you mentioned I will try ST.pete