Chronarch Ci4+

Started by LgMouthGambler, June 27, 2013, 04:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LgMouthGambler

Oh snap! I didnt realize they are available already! twitching soo bad right now!

~cf
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Makaira76

Guess I have 2 more reels to buy. This and the Okuma Helios Air.

Fishwhittler

"I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again."- John 3:3

Champion Custom Rods -

Down4ttown

Quote from: Fishwhittler on July 05, 2013, 06:59:26 AM
Wanna make it three?  >:D  Daiwa Project T Tatula Baitcasting Reel Product Review

The Tatula Type R is insane. Daiwa said they look to capture the two new price points with the Tatula. I wonder how the Type R compares to the Ci4+

Fishwhittler

Quote from: Down4ttown on July 05, 2013, 08:59:22 AM
The Tatula Type R is insane. Daiwa said they look to capture the two new price points with the Tatula. I wonder how the Type R compares to the Ci4+

$70 cheaper is how it compares, plus metal frame and side plate.  Weight...well the Tatula isn't supposed to be light.  I like Daiwa's approach on the Tatula.  Can't wait to see the new Tatula rods coming out as well.
"I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again."- John 3:3

Champion Custom Rods -

Down4ttown

Two different styles I know, but I do like the rugged approach by Daiwa on this one.  I guess time will tell. I know I am getting a Chronarch, but I may have to try out the Daiwa too >:D

LgMouthGambler

They took the Ci4 off Bass Pros site?

~cf
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Fishwhittler

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on July 08, 2013, 11:50:25 AM
They took the Ci4 off Bass Pros site?

~cf

Shimano USA must have gotten miffed.  Apparently not even the pics we've seen are supposed to be out yet, so I can only imagine they were spitting bullets when BPS had the reels available for preorder.

Champion Custom Rods -

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Fishwhittler on July 08, 2013, 03:35:56 PM
Shimano USA must have gotten miffed.  Apparently not even the pics we've seen are supposed to be out yet, so I can only imagine they were spitting bullets when BPS had the reels available for preorder.

Damn

~cf

Makaira76

I'm getting mine tomorrow. ;D

LgMouthGambler

Pferox

Daiwa has always been a big player in the salt water market, weight wasn't as important as strength in that market until more recently.

It looks like a fantastic reel for what I would use it for, looks like they are trying to make a reel that will appeal to a more diverse group of anglers.
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

Makaira76

Anyone plan of buying a reel within the next month or so. Please. There are some new offerings you guys will be drooling over as the 2014 catalog are being printed and product already in production.

Mind you how the fishing industry work is what you see now was in the works and production from last year.

I know this is a Shimano Chronarch thread. But wait for the Daiwa Tatula to come out and the Rev B Curados. ;)

Fishwhittler

Quote from: Makaira76 on July 09, 2013, 01:13:21 PM
Anyone plan of buying a reel within the next month or so. Please. There are some new offerings you guys will be drooling over as the 2014 catalog are being printed and product already in production.

Mind you how the fishing industry work is what you see now was in the works and production from last year.

I know this is a Shimano Chronarch thread. But wait for the Daiwa Tatula to come out and the Rev B Curados. ;)

The WHAT?!

Champion Custom Rods -

Makaira76

I know that is what I'm saying!  lo

If you follow any of Shimano's technology branding, they have a long history of trickling down technology from their top of the line up down to the more affordable one. Example their bicycle components lineup. It's no different for their fishing. Trust me when people were bitching about the current Curado's. I'm sure they heard enough rants about it when compared to the older Curado's series. But anyways..off to the show I go. ~beer~

Fishwhittler

Quote from: Makaira76 on July 09, 2013, 01:34:03 PM
I know that is what I'm saying!  lo

If you follow any of Shimano's technology branding, they have a long history of trickling down technology from their top of the line up down to the more affordable one. Example their bicycle components lineup. It's no different for their fishing. Trust me when people were bitching about the current Curado's. I'm sure they heard enough rants about it when compared to the older Curado's series. But anyways..off to the show I go. ~beer~

No question, this ICAST is going to be spectacular.

Curado "Rev B", huh?  Sounds like a Revisited/Revamped/Revised Curado B is on the way.  Cool.  ~shade

I'll take a guess and say Curado 300E platform (since it's still in production, unlike the B), fewer bearings, graphite side plate, multiple gear ratios and slightly lower cost than the Curado G.  Am I close?

Champion Custom Rods -

Down4ttown

I plan on getting a Chronarch and will get a new curado too when it is available. May get the Tatula too.

Fishwhittler

Where's LgMouthGambler?  ;D

Champion Custom Rods -

Down4ttown

Quote from: Fishwhittler on July 09, 2013, 02:12:36 PM
Where's LgMouthGambler?  ;D
You can bet your ass he is coming. His ears are probably ringing.

Makaira76

Okuma is going to put the hurt on Shimano with their 350 series Komodo and Citrix lineup. Good for saltwater and Stripers fishing.

Quote from: Fishwhittler on July 09, 2013, 01:51:12 PM
No question, this ICAST is going to be spectacular.

Curado "Rev B", huh?  Sounds like a Revisited/Revamped/Revised Curado B is on the way.  Cool.  ~shade

I'll take a guess and say Curado 300E platform (since it's still in production, unlike the B), fewer bearings, graphite side plate, multiple gear ratios and slightly lower cost than the Curado G.  Am I close?

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Down4ttown on July 09, 2013, 02:14:25 PM
You can bet your ass he is coming. His ears are probably ringing.

What? What happened? What did I miss?  :embarassed:

~cf

Down4ttown

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on July 09, 2013, 03:46:00 PM
What? What happened? What did I miss?  :embarassed:

~cf

Read up a little bit about a revamped Curado in the makings... ~shade

LgMouthGambler

OH COME ON! I don't the wallet for this  ^-^. My wife is gonna leave me.......

~cf

Pferox

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on July 09, 2013, 04:26:11 PM
OH COME ON! I don't the wallet for this  ^-^. My wife is gonna leave me.......

~cf

I know your pain, had to settle for a $39 off the shelf reel, don't even know what brand it is, just to keep peace with the MRS. But OT is starting to come in and she just bought a bunch more beads for her hobby / business ...... gonna be a shopping spree in the near future.
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim