Super Duty Combo Log

Started by LgMouthGambler, July 27, 2013, 05:57:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deadeye

Good to hear. Keep letting us know how it works for you.

Canesfan

Of course if he counts catching those nasty, disgusting, ugly snakeheads as fish, then I am not sure about him as far as being reliable.  ~roflmao

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Canesfan on August 02, 2013, 01:13:13 PM
Of course if he counts catching those nasty, disgusting, ugly snakeheads as fish, then I am not sure about him as far as being reliable.  ~roflmao

You just wait. Once I get you a few on the end of your line you will be hooked, literally.  ~gf

~cf
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

H8R

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on August 02, 2013, 01:58:16 PM
You just wait. Once I get you a few on the end of your line you will be hooked, literally.  ~gf

~cf

Maryland DNR was paying a bounty on them for a little while. It was nuts. They're very prevalent up here now, in a few river systems

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: H8R on August 02, 2013, 03:59:55 PM
Maryland DNR was paying a bounty on them for a little while. It was nuts. They're very prevalent up here now, in a few river systems

And you guys have the Northern Snakehead which gets way bigger than the ones we have down here. So far the world record for the Bullseye Snakehead is like 14lbs, and it was caught here in Margate during one of the last Snakehead Roundups by the same guy who held the previous record.

~cf
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

H8R

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on August 02, 2013, 04:30:16 PM
And you guys have the Northern Snakehead which gets way bigger than the ones we have down here. So far the world record for the Bullseye Snakehead is like 14lbs, and it was caught here in Margate during one of the last Snakehead Roundups by the same guy who held the previous record.

~cf

You should check the Maryland DNR website, some monsters are showing up!!
Check out the earlier months catches. Plenty over 30"

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: H8R on August 02, 2013, 04:48:41 PM
You should check the Maryland DNR website, some monsters are showing up!!
Check out the earlier months catches. Plenty over 30"

The biggest one I caught yet was 35" and 11lbs.

~cf

LgMouthGambler

I must have received the new knobs in the mail Saturday from Lews. Wow! That's some fast service! They said they wanted the old knobs, and that they would put an envelope for me to return them in in the package. I did not see one in there, so I called them this morning. I talked to Lisa and told her that they must have forgot to include it, and that if they wanted I could take some pictures and email them to them. She said they may have not needed them. I told her I didn't want them to think that I forgot to do so, and that's why I wanted to call. She was very happy that I called and she thought that was very courteous of me. What a nice company they are, and Lisa was very pleasant to talk to on the phone.

~cf

H8R

Rock-Solid from Lews!!!  Might be adding a BB1 to the stable!   >:D

LgMouthGambler

Went out for a few hours on the boat with Dave (CanesFan) today and we had a hard time catching fish in the horrible heat. It was nice to get out on the boat and BS for a few hours though. I was trying to throw the Super Duty as much as possible, and I barely let it out of my hands. I did bring one other rig with me, my Chronarch200E7 on the Dobyns SS704C, to use. I will tell you that it felt weird to throw that thing after using the Lews soo much. I am more fond of the 50 series Shimanos, but they don't make them in a 7 speed. We did have a lot of wind and the quick adjustment of the mag brakes made it easy to compensate with. With the combination of the Carbonlite rod, this really is a pleasent combo to fish with, and its becoming more apparent every day I use it. I don't think I could have picked a better combo that I put together to be able to throw just about any kind of bait with. My Shimanos seem to shine where the specific presentation lies, as they are more of a fine tuned reel, but with the 17# mono on the SD I can cast or pitch a lure with a quick simple adjustment of the brake system. For my all around use, this thing has yet to disappoint.

~cf