Weightless Senko Rod

Started by CraigP83, October 23, 2013, 02:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheLastRodBender

When I'm fishing the Potomac, which the primary source of structure/cover is grass, I use a baitcaster w/ 17lb flouro..

When fishing the Shenendoah (a fast moving river system) or a lake, i'll use my MH spinning w/ 8 - 12 lb test mono.

When fishing grass I find I need the heavier line, but like Flouro because it translates the bites a lot better, where on the lake and/or the Shenendoah, mono is adequate because most of the time fish will take off with the bait. 

ssj3goten

st croix legend bass "teaser"

stratos bandit

Last year I use a 7' macro magic duckett. This year I plan to use the 7'3" Duckett ghost if they ever come out. lol

earldogg

Quote from: ssj3goten on December 17, 2013, 07:42:02 AM
st croix legend bass "teaser"
This is a sweet stick.
I use a #4 ewg, red. My buddy's use a #5 ewg,red.gl

stratos bandit

earldogg

Lazz

Quote from: Pat Curtis on October 23, 2013, 06:56:56 PM
I use a Dobyns 703c Savvy for weightless Senko's with 10 pound fluoro.  I used to use spinning gear until I snapped a spinning rod and was forced to use a baitcaster in a tourney for Senko's.  I fell in love on the first cast.  To me I can feel the bite better.

My 6 year old son catches bass on a Savvy 663 with Senko's (he calls them dummy worms).  I turn the brakes on the reel all the way up and he does the rest.  Feel the "tick tick tick" then set the hook!

Im looking to pick this rod up for this exact technique. Would the Micro guide be a bad idea? Again, the Primary use will be weightless Senkos and light T-rig?

stratos bandit

Here's what happened to my weightless senko rod last year.   :(

[attachment outdated - deleted by admin]

Smallie_Stalker

Texas rigged - Mustad straight shank hook. Depending on the fall rate I want I will either go with the heavy wire Denny Brauer Grip Pin Max flipping hook or the light wire Grip Pin Edge finesse hook.

Wacky rigged - Gamakatsu Extra wide gap finesse hook. You can get them weedless, but I prefer to tie my own two-pronged fiber weed guards on the weedless models.

I am trying to find a straight shank hook to use for wacky rigging. Since I don't need the keeper barb on the shank it's just a matter of finding something I prefer.  :-\
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Chanceb23

Most people I see is saying Dobyns rods. IMO the Shimano Clarus (79.99) or Compre (99.99) are just as good if not better for a whole hell of a lot less. I personally use the Compre for weightless stick bait (I use Yum Dingers not Senkos) fishing it is light very sensitive paired with 8lbd mono just because I like to fish 90% of my plastics light. The rod is a M/F rod. 
Denali Rods and Gunn Baits Pro Staff
www.denalirods.com PM me for Gunn Baits (local)
Bass in Pictures are smaller than they appear.