Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing. ADD SPACE
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
Nines Optics

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

X Zone Lures

Lockett Lures Outlet

K9 Fishing Line

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

ADD SPACE

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wehrspann 11/9  (Read 1461 times)

Ice Cold Peanuts

• Largemouth
  • Baby Bass
Wehrspann 11/9
« on: November 09, 2013, 08:03:19 PM »

Fished for 4 hours today. Water was 47 degrees. Had a definite thump on a 1/2 oz jig almost right away in a brush pile 12 feet down but there wasn't anything there when I set the hook. I'm basically fishing for one bite now.

Going to try Cunningham or Wanahoo tomorrow.
2004 Ranger Camache, Yamaha 150. Guess who thinks he's pretty cool now?

Bassthumb

• Largemouth
  • Retired USAF
Re: Wehrspann 11/9
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 07:22:31 AM »

What color jig?

I would try a jerk bait over the same brush. cast beyoned the pile, wind it down, then bring the JB over the brush and kill it (long pause). 

Retired USAF MSgt (1W071A)            2008 Triton Tr-196
Plattsmouth, NE                  Mercury Optimax 200
B.A.S.S   NE B.A.S.S. Federation   FoMNTT participant (never again)                   Omaha-River City Bass Club

Ice Cold Peanuts

• Largemouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 08:56:31 PM »

What color jig?

I would try a jerk bait over the same brush. cast beyoned the pile, wind it down, then bring the JB over the brush and kill it (long pause).
The jig was black with a blue fleck space monkey trailer. It looks great in the water.
I've been trying a shallow running (4'-6') suspending pointer and a deeper diving (10') suspending Stacy King jerk bait too but the wind in conjunction with boat control made using them difficult. I know I didn't give them enough effort though.

Siebert Outdoors

• Lunker
    • Siebert Outdoors
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 08:02:21 AM »

I'd probably down size that trailer.  A spacemonkey is a great bait but in 47 deg.  I would change it to a smaller bait in a chunk or 3" craw.

Another possibility is chop the top of the skirt and make it into a finesse jig.  I've never had much luck throwing real big profiles in water less then about 55 degrees.   As also recommended that jerkbait or trap bite might be on.

Siebert Outdoors
http://www.siebertoutdoors.com/

Ice Cold Peanuts

• Largemouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 08:27:24 PM »

I'd probably down size that trailer.  A spacemonkey is a great bait but in 47 deg.  I would change it to a smaller bait in a chunk or 3" craw.

Another possibility is chop the top of the skirt and make it into a finesse jig.  I've never had much luck throwing real big profiles in water less then about 55 degrees.   As also recommended that jerkbait or trap bite might be on.
I've always thrown the same sizes and colors regardless of the season. Perhaps I'd have had a lot more luck but I always thought that if a bass is hungry or interested, he'll hit regardless of those specific  little touches. I guess that's what separates good fisherman from great fisherman. Thanks for the suggestions. If it's not to cold I'm going to try your tips and a couple I got from Bassthumb. Much appreciated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

ADD SPACE

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 24 queries.