Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ambassadeur 5000 question  (Read 1288 times)

178cajun

• UB Member
Ambassadeur 5000 question
« on: November 25, 2013, 05:06:53 PM »

I have an old red 5000 that still works good but the anti-reverse dog will not work.  I take the reel down and put it on the gear or what ever it is called and it works fine.  when I put it together, it doesn't work. ~rant  Any help?  thanks in advance    ><> del

178cajun

• UB Member
Re: Ambassadeur 5000 question
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 08:30:53 AM »

thanks for the help,  I will try to figure it out myself.   ><>  del

Cheap Hooker

• Fisher Person
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 08:54:44 AM »

Try and have a little patience Its 630 am the Tuesday before Thanksgiving and your pissed off already that no one answered. Have a patience I have all of 20 posts here and the fellas here have made me feel part of this site already.....geeze
I like fishing because it is not working

Cheap Hooker

• Fisher Person
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 08:56:52 AM »

ps that sponsor here Pro Reel, think the guy's name is Kevin is pretty easy to give suggestions why don;t you ask him

178cajun

• UB Member
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 09:00:17 AM »

I am not "pissed".  I just need some help and thought I might get some here.  I was wrong.  ><> del

Pro Reel

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 10:33:56 AM »

Sorry, but i don't live on the computer. I check it a few times a day and i was not on it last night. If you can get the dog to work fine with the reel open, then it could be that it's slipping off when you put the reel together? It could also be that it only works fine while it's on it's side but not when the reel is held normally. The dog hooks to the ratchet gear, The leaf springs of the dog clip over the ratchet gear and then the dog slips on the post. There are several versions of the 5000, so without a picture. i don't know which one you have. On most of the older ones, you have to engage the clutch to have room to slide the dog onto it's post. You also have to have the dog already on the ratchet gear thats part of the crankshaft and slide it all together at the same time. Then, you have to be sure that you don't turn the crankshaft at all before the sidecover is on or the dog will swing up and pop loose from the ratchet gear. Most reels have a 2nd post that keeps the dog from swinging up far enough to slip off the ratchet. The older abus don't have that 2nd post and it's actually the inside of the sidecover that keeps the dog from swinging up to far. Also, if the dog is worn out then the leafs will not grab it enough to swing down and catch a tooth on the ratchet. In the case of a worn dog or stretched leaf springs, the dag could work in one position, but not in another.
Hope this helps and next time please consider that we all have familes and lives away from here and it can take at least a day or 2 to get answers to questions when there are only a few people that would know the answer.

somedude

• UB Member
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 11:55:29 AM »

Thank you very much for your help.  I will take it down and see what I can do.  I know yall dont live on a computer.  I had several people look at this post and no one offered any help.  Sorry for getting a little antsy.  Again, thank you for your help.   <>< del

Pro Reel

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 01:09:11 PM »

Thank you very much for your help.  I will take it down and see what I can do.  I know yall dont live on a computer.  I had several people look at this post and no one offered any help.  Sorry for getting a little antsy.  Again, thank you for your help.   <>< del

Lots of people will look at a post, but not be able to answer it. Anyone can call me anytime you need advice, just use a cell phone to call because I get unlimited mobil to mobil minutes from any provider. My info is on my website and there is a direct link to that site from my logo in the reels section. or here www.proreelservice.com call between 8am and 9pm central time.
Pro Reel
Kevin Rush
316-250-3071

Cheap Hooker

• Fisher Person
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2013, 02:46:37 PM »

So Kevin o you clean and service Pflueger Trion Bait casters, if so I need contact information

Pro Reel

• Lunker
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2013, 06:39:10 PM »

So Kevin o you clean and service Pflueger Trion Bait casters, if so I need contact information

yes, I service all brands. Just click on my logo addvertisment at the bottom of this post and that will take you to my website where you can print a service form and send your reels in.

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 25 queries.