2013-14 Ice Season

Started by CraigP83, November 30, 2013, 08:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigP83

I have to say I'm not that excited about ice fishing this year, haven't even looked at my gear yet. However some lakes do have ice. Bays on Mills Lacs have as much as 6" with colder temps forecasted this week. Main lake has as little as 2" so remain extremely cautious and check with the resorts.

If I can muster the energy to get out I will post a report

iceman

Craig, have you been out yet ?
Jon Chapman
NAIFC Pro Staff
F.H.N.B~

CraigP83

I have not, I'm hoping to get out this weekend. Seems like it's either been to cold lately or I've been busy with the holidays. How about you?

Mike Cork

Okay I have a question.... If you're ice fishing, how cold is too cold? This seems like a conflict of interests :surrender:

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

CraigP83

If it's below zero it seems like the icehole keeps freezing up and you spend as much time cleaning out the hole as you do fishing. Unless of course you have a permanent ice house. If I had one I'd be fishing in -30 temps, just turn the thermostat up.

Lot of it is laziness though. There are plenty of people with more ice fishing motivation then myself

Mike Cork

That makes sense....

BTW I can understand the motivation issues LOL :surrender: :surrender:

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

iceman

Never to cold to fish...
Was out in -35 today almost froze my___ off
Glad I had a portable but would move offten so
It was just plain cold.
Jon Chapman
NAIFC Pro Staff
F.H.N.B~

CraigP83

Quote from: iceman on January 02, 2014, 11:39:49 PM
Never to cold to fish...
Was out in -35 today almost froze my___ off
Glad I had a portable but would move offten so
It was just plain cold.

I should rephrase, to cold for ME to fish. Were did you go out? Any luck?

earldogg

Went ice fishing for crappie yesterday with phil blunt, we set up near a main whole in about 16 feet. It wasn't real slow, we caught about 10 keepers in about 3 hrs. Naturally phil b caught all but 2 of them, but the 2 I caught were keepers, had a great time.

CraigP83

Went out for the first time today. Caught 9 crappies in about 2.5 hours. Nothing huge but the weather was nice.

CraigP83

It was a regular zoo out there