Quantum Centex Casting Reels

Started by HookedUp, January 31, 2014, 09:44:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HookedUp

anyone try these before thinking bout getting one

MCS

I have an energy and used a couple version most folks I talk to say get a reel with their ACS
Code fits the price range and couple buddies that have them say they are a no frills work horses.
Also checkout reds gear dot com you can score an accurist or catalyst on the cheap.
Romans 1:16    2 Corinthians 5:17     3 John 1:4
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

Dark3

I don't know about the centex but I do know a lot of guys don't care for Quantum. Im not sure if its a performance thing or a longevity thing but I have had a smoke since they were released and it is among my favorite reels. Super light and compact, runs smooth, and hasn't showed any signs of age. They look pretty sweet too 8)

Brocksdad1

All I use is quantum except for one Skeet Reese.
I have the KVD tour models.

🎣
This is not a hobby for me, its a sick addiction. Now my son has the problem...isnt it great!!!

I would like to take this time to thank Bass for biteing my lures and bringing me joy.

Gwamba

Quantum has come eons the past two years with product development and have zoomed ahead in the QC and RD depts....
I work the Fishing Dept at Cabelas and occasionally BPS, and have been checking them out and talking to a lot of customers. David Walker, Classic Pro, was very excited about the tremendous improvements lately when He was at the Green Bay store with me last August .
For a few more bucks the Accurist PTi has all the "good stuff" that the Energy PT does.... don't be impressed by the greater BBearings # on the Centex... 7 quality BBs is way smoother than 10 cheaper BBs.  ::)

I bought a couple Energys PTs for my Flip/Pitch rods last season and was really impressed by their centrifugal brake adj system on the PTs. Cast some Frogs with one and they are top notch reels.... But I haven't given up on my Lew's just yet  ;D
Dobyns Rods   Piscifun Reels   Xcite Baits 
Rapala  Strike King

HookedUp

well i bought 2 lews but sould i but two of these or fo with the 79$ lews

Brocksdad1

Quote from: HookedUp on February 03, 2014, 07:30:51 PM
well i bought 2 lews but sould i but two of these or fo with the 79$ lews

😳⁉️
This is not a hobby for me, its a sick addiction. Now my son has the problem...isnt it great!!!

I would like to take this time to thank Bass for biteing my lures and bringing me joy.