Big Mouth Billy Bass scares off would-be burglar

Started by CraigP83, February 06, 2014, 10:35:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigP83

~roflmao

By Dylan Stableford, Yahoo News

Who needs expensive security systems when you have a singing fish?

That's what some Minnesota retailers might be asking themselves after authorities say a would-be burglar who broke into a fish and tackle store on Sunday was scared away by a wall-mounted Big Mouth Billy Bass.

The motion-activated, singing plastic bass, hung near the door of Rochester's Hooked on Fishing shop, spooked the intruder with its rendition of "Take Me to the River," according to the Olmsted County Sheriff's Office.

The intruder left without taking anything, Sgt. Tom Claymon told the Star Tribune.

"There were plenty of things to take, but nothing was missing," Claymon said.

"Not a doggone thing," Tom Allen, the shop owner, told WCCO-TV.

Allen said the novelty fish is mounted by the door on purpose so he knows when a customer enters the store.

"I haven't thought of him as scaring off burglars," he said.

When Allen showed up to open the store on Monday, he discovered there had been a break-in.

"I saw the door had been damaged and the dead bolt had been bent to a 45-degree angle," Allen said.

But it appears the bumbling burglar was greeted by the crooning fish and fled.

"I think [Billy] did his job and scared whoever it was," Allen added, "and they ran."

BassmanRudy

"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

Polaris425

Fishin' Alabama
Building Rods, & Snatchin' Lips.

earldogg

Buzbait88

I just drove 4.5hrs up to Minnesota to do some ice fishing and actually stopped into this small tackle shop to get bait.  My uncle kept referring to it as a watch bass so when we left I asked him what the heck was going on and he told me the story.  Pretty cool that something so small made the national news.
THE VIBRASHOCK IS BACK!!
KaRu Lures
KaRu Facebook

CraigP83

Quote from: Buzbait88 on February 11, 2014, 06:20:30 PM
I just drove 4.5hrs up to Minnesota to do some ice fishing and actually stopped into this small tackle shop to get bait.  My uncle kept referring to it as a watch bass so when we left I asked him what the heck was going on and he told me the story.  Pretty cool that something so small made the national news.

Nice, what lake did you fish? any luck?

Buzbait88

We were supposed to fish Lake Zumbro I believe, but my uncles ice auger broke when we got out there so we never even got to fish. lol
THE VIBRASHOCK IS BACK!!
KaRu Lures
KaRu Facebook