Legend Boats introduces the new V20

Started by Mike Cork, February 21, 2014, 07:52:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cork

Legend just announced the new V20 boat.

All I can say is WOW everything from a split lid rear deck to a massive 96 inch beem

Check out the front page for the press release. If you're going to the classic you'll get to see it in person.

www.ultimatebass.com

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Ron Fogelson

Been looking at the V20 all morning on Facebook, Legend has reinvigorated my interest' love the new layout on the front deck  ~gf

The rear split deck will be handy should an angler ever need to gain access back there while on the water and the net storage is just another advantage.

I've been complaining about the front deck for a while, and the rear deck access while on the water, must not have been alone in that but love how Legend is in direct contact with the owners and adjusts as needed.

Without being in one yet, just from the pictures the only thing that has me concerned is the glove boxes on the seat step,,,, the folks I fish with to include me  lo will step on them and I see needing a few replacement lids along the way  ~bb

I do love the layout, of all the knocks Nitro gets for quality no one else got the front deck to carry forward like they do,,,,, but true to Legend fashion,,,,, they keep building them better and better and better  ~c~ ~c~ ~c~

Polaris425

No pics on their website? I'll have to check out the FB page. I gotta see it!
Fishin' Alabama
Building Rods, & Snatchin' Lips.

Mike Cork

Their new web page will take time to propagate so keep checking back.

Here is the facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/legendbassboats

Cork's Reel Service

Mike Cork

I like how the Day Box has been moved over and is not out of the way of the rods you store on deck

Cork's Reel Service

Mike Cork

Cork's Reel Service

Mike Cork

A ten inch flush mounted graph in the bow :-* completely out of the way of pitching. I know they were working on the angle as well to prevent glare and still provide perfect viewing.

Cork's Reel Service

Mike Cork

The fuel tank has been moved... Love the access in the rear compartment :-* Even the Power Pole pumps are right there.

Cork's Reel Service

Polaris425

Fishin' Alabama

Craig314

Nice looking boat, and you cant miss it going down the water, what do they call that color green?
A bad day fishin beats a good day workin!!!! or as my daddy says when all else fails use dynamite!

Siebert Outdoors

BassBUFF

Mike Cork

It's called lime gel coat. There is no flake in it what so ever. Turns out awesome looking.

Cork's Reel Service

Flyswatter

OMG!  What a boat.  That is going to be one of the hottest boats in 2014.   Wow!!!!  I've gone to Legend's website and reviewed that boat twice in the last hour.  A work of art and science!  If you get 75 WOT tournament load that will be even more impressive with that mega wide front deck.  That is a compliment with not doubt that it won't.  Congrats to Legend engineers.   ~c~ ~c~ ~c~

caddyjoe77

WOW!!  That thing is badass!! Pretty good that its only 23.5 total storage length too (with tongue folded Im sure). 

That front deck is massive!! Layout is great too and it is great they moved the day box up front, for easier access and to keep it more out of the way. 

Highly impressed. 
BeerMe

BHubb

WOW is right, that looks bad ~xyz..... Would love to ride in one and see how it handles.

Russ199A

So is this a new haul design as well?
Hey Fogy, those glove boxes are made out of steal.
Pretty strong, very tough to get in one if locked but I agree the push buttons would get stepped on.
2014, 2016 & 2017 TCTC AOY - With a little help from the man upstairs!

TakeSonFishing

I saw the new V20 at the Classic.  All I can say is wow!!!  It really has set a new bar.  It has absolutely every feature that I have liked about several other brands for years.  The layout is perfect, the storage is abyssal, access and user-friendly-ness is flawless.   

Looking past the new smell and prettiness, the real world use of this boat will be amazing.  I have always liked the huge front deck on the Nitro Z9, the V20 blows that out of the water.  The tilted electronics installation area on the bow is awesome.    The split rear deck lid is great, obviously allowing easy access to the sump while on the water.  But it also makes it easier to open it up while trailered.  But even better, the sump area is very organized and open.  The trolling batteries are nicely tucked on the passenger side, all the pumps are easy to get to, and all wires/cables are nice and bound.  It's like looking under the hood of a 60 truck vs a 2000 truck.  There is just room to get to things.  The drivers posture is really nice, heck even the steering wheel is really cool. 

I got a chance to talk with the legend folks for a while (probably longer than they would have liked) but they were all extremely nice folks.  They will be offering the V20 in the tactical schemes   Heaven would be an Air Force gray V20 with Hap Arnold wings.   
This boat takes the cake.  I don't think it has an equal right now.  Legend has done a superb job of combining the best of every other brand out there, and making it better. 

slimshad

I saw this boat at the Classic expo.  It was awesome.  I did find a flaw tho.  The small compartment up by the trolling motor has a bad design.  It had already tore the seal up.  When I opened it the rubber seal was all ripped up and pulling off.  I'm sure they will fix this issue.
Wish'n I was Fish'n

~Dwight~

This is exactly what I asked for a year and half ago.  A 20 ft with a 250 rating.  Love the front deck also.  Now if we can just keep an outfitted boat below $60,000.
Give a man a Fish and He will eat for a Day, Teach a Man to Fish and He will Join a Bass Club and spend Way too much $$$$$$

Ron Fogelson

I'm right there with you Dwight,,, coming from a 929/Z-9 I've always felt like I was cramped in a Legend and have voiced my desire to see them carry the seat width forward for years. This is a keeper, as long as it handles like a Legend it's a no brainer for me asking as the price point is reasonable  ~gf

Flyswatter

The front of the driver's console has a Darth Vadar look/theme to it.  Way cool.  Hmmmm... "V"-20.   :)

Ron Fogelson

This is Fred Roumbanis's new ride!    v~

Polaris425

Quote from: Ron Fogelson on February 25, 2014, 03:58:27 PM
This is Fred Roumbanis's new ride!    v~

I saw he announced the move to legend but didn't see what model. I wondered if he would get a new V20
Fishin' Alabama

Mike Cork

Legend is calling the V20 their new flag ship so all of their national staff will be fishing in them.  ~c~ ~c~ ~c~

Cork's Reel Service