Help with 09 legend 211

Started by Crankshaft, March 14, 2014, 10:10:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crankshaft

Im looking for some help with height settings etc. for my "new to me" 09 211 with a 250 pro xs and 26p fury.  Took it out last night ran to 5800 rpm, saw 71.2 on gps.  Dont know about trim position due to innacurrate reading (any help with fixing that appreciated too).  I trimmed it until the steering was hard to turn, then backed it down a bit...it was just me, full livewells, about a half tank of gas and my gear...is that speed about right?  I figured id be able to get about 74-75 based on "what ive heard".  Thanks

Mike Cork

That speed is going to be "about" right. Hitting 75 is going to require some playing for sure. The prop you're running is a good one. First thing I would suggest with that model is filling the fuel tank completely. Do to weigh differential I always got better performance with a full tank, this is boat by boat but something you want to try.

I don't know your gear either. But with livewells full you should be looking at 72 as a strong speed.

What is your current prop shaft to pad setting?

As far as the trim innacurrate? Is it high, low, jumping?

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Crankshaft

Mike, sorry the gear i meant was fishing gear.  The trim indicator is running higher than the engine actually is.  I'm going to measure tonite the prop to hull measurement.  Could be my driving...took her out on cypress last night for about 30 min..maybe sometime you wouldnt mind demonstrating the right way?  Brian

Mike Cork

Driving is part of it, it's very easy to over trim a Legend. The boat wants to run flat, that's part of what gives it such a great ride in rough water :-* With time you'll eek out more speed.

The trim guage.... There are a couple different sensors that were used. The one I think you have is on the passanger side of the motor, it looks like a round relay. There will be a clamping device holding it in place, loosen the clamp and rotate the cylinder slightly... Which way? don't know you'll have to go one way and check. SUPER SENSITIVE, don't move it much...

The other trim sending unit is an lever type and I don't remember how to adjust those? But a brilliant mind like you're should be able to look at it and figure it out, they really are pretty simple I just haven't seen one in a while.

As far as a Demo, I'm always up for that especially on my little lake out here. But get some seat time I think you'll find you'll gain speed. I don't know what the weather conditions were but a little chop on the lake is best, you'll want to head into that chop. You can gain a full MPH that way. The worst speed tests are on flat calm water.

Cork's Reel Service

Crankshaft

Center bullet height with trim all the way down was 12.5 in and bottom of hull was 16.5.

BassBUFF

Might want to bring it up a bit. Go 1 click (1/4") at a time. Mark it where it is so you can always go back. 😉

Mike Cork

Yep looks like it needs to come up. Should be right around 3 1/2. I've seen that year model run better either side of it.

Cork's Reel Service

Crankshaft

I see why they had the motor height low.  The lower unit would hit the hotshot plate so i removed the plate and raised it to 3.5.  Will post results.  Going to try to take it to cypress after work.

Russ199A

Brain, its been a while since we've had a good test and turn day. Let us know when you plan to head back out for a couple hours and maybe we can do some testing and prop swaps.
Always a good time.
2014, 2016 & 2017 TCTC AOY - With a little help from the man upstairs!