Are you putting a drain in the tray?
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Bigwrench

Quote from: Princeton_Man on February 03, 2018, 05:32:06 AM
Looking great Rick!

Are you putting a drain in the tray?
Yes sir :).
Going to build up a section towards the rear and drill & tap it on an angle and attach a drain hose that will channel water back to the bilge. Probably try to attach some sort of stainless screen over the hole
Stop by the Garage and let me know if you have Maintenance issues that you need assistance with.

Oldfart9999

I think you've found a whole new career!! lo It's really looking great Rick!!!
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Bigwrench

Finished it up today and put it in primer. 

I'm actually going to use that real good Bed liner material
I used in the rear hull area. Will do that tomorrow after primer dries. 
Stop by the Garage and let me know if you have Maintenance issues that you need assistance with.

Bigwrench

Almost forgot the drain hole lol.
Built up the center rear of the tray from the back side and then drilled at an angle and tapped it

Probably going to ream it out to a larger pass-thru size but this should be ok. 

Lipripper

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

big g

Rick, lots of blood,, sweet,  and tears, in that baby! ~c~
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

Bigwrench

Quote from: big g on February 03, 2018, 04:41:20 PM
Rick, lots of blood,, sweet,  and tears, in that baby! ~c~
Definitely was some tears with that dang TM tray but now I know I could do them pretty easily but the learning curve was a pain in the rear !

Lipripper

Quote from: Bigwrench on February 03, 2018, 05:47:23 PM
Definitely was some tears with that dang TM tray but now I know I could do them pretty easily but the learning curve was a pain in the rear !
The first one of anything is always the hardest. ~sweat

West6550

Bigwrench

Some more progress between doctor visits
Started framing out the anchor locker

Welded up and installed

Got the door squared away (squared .... get it?  :) )

Door set inside the frame

Going to weld the frame to the deck. You can also see the final paint coating on the TM tray also. Very happy with how it all turned out so far.
Going to start framing the rear compartment for the starting battery area today and it will be the same as the anchor locker. 

Princeton_Man

Dang I wish I had your engineering skills and mechanical ability! ~c~
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Kris

HMS Bigwrench is getting closer to getting wet. Looking really great Rick.
Reservoir fishing in MD, Vietnam Vet, Retired
Ouachita 16' Model B, Minn Kota, Lowrance, Raymarine
Moderator - Maryland Fishing Reports and Chat

Oldfart9999

Rick, the tray turned out great!!! ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ Glad the locker is "squared" away. lo
Rodney

Bigwrench

Started framing out and fitting the rear compartment lid

Will try and get it welded up tomorrow and cleaned up and fit .
Have another medical appt tomorrow so may not get much done lol. Stay tuned.

Bigwrench

Started on the battery compartment door this afternoon and here's a little from that process.

Each one gets a little easier but I'm also trying different methods to make setup and welding quicker as well.

Don't know if I showed the Hinge process yet so here's some of that. This one is one of the original hinges used on the 5/8 plywood and it took some "tweaking"

It was originally 2 1"  L brackets with the Hinge between them.

I'll finish the attaching to the deck tomorrow and then start on the other two rear compartments and finish up the built-in cooler and then start on the dry boxes that go under some of these compartments. 
Thanks for hanging in there.

Lipripper

Looks like you had a busy day. ~sweat But it looks great. ~c~ ~c~

Bigwrench

Quote from: Lipripper on February 07, 2018, 07:21:24 PM
Looks like you had a busy day. ~sweat But it looks great. ~c~ ~c~
That was after 5 hours at the doctors and the drive to and from lol. Ain't got time to let the grass grow under my feet anymore :)
I'll sleep when I'm dead ;)

Lipripper

Quote from: Bigwrench on February 07, 2018, 07:38:18 PM
That was after 5 hours at the doctors and the drive to and from lol. Ain't got time to let the grass grow under my feet anymore :)
I'll sleep when I'm dead ;)
I hear that Brother. ~c~ ~c~ Beside you need to get this done so you can go fishing when the weather gets  nice.  ;D

Oldfart9999

A lot of work in this boat, it's going to be really nice.
Rodney

Bigwrench

Quote from: Oldfart9999 on February 08, 2018, 07:15:48 AM
A lot of work in this boat, it's going to be really nice.
Rodney
I sure hope so lol.
The hinges are giving me convulsions lol. It doesn't matter if I'm working with metal or wood I have always had trouble with hinges lol.

Lipripper

Quote from: Bigwrench on February 08, 2018, 08:05:45 AM
I sure hope so lol.
The hinges are giving me convulsions lol. It doesn't matter if I'm working with metal or wood I have always had trouble with hinges lol.
It will work out all right so just don't co unhinged  ~roflmao

West6550

Bigwrench

Quote from: Lipripper on February 08, 2018, 11:14:58 AM
It will work out all right so just don't co unhinged  ~roflmao

Lol good one brother !

Oldfart9999

Are the hinges warping on you? You may have to do tack welds then fill in into keep them flat if they are. You'll get it, you;ve proven that with what you've done already!! ~c~ ~c~ ~c~
Rodney