Bass Fishing Forum Bass Fishing Forum

Site Slogan

News: NEW FORUM! Yes, this is UB! Feedback HERE!

Extra Spool

(Read 388 times)

BECOME A CHARTER MEMBER SUPPORT UB

Jon0385

• Smallmouth
I was thinking about picking up an extra spool for my Pflueger President 6930 spinning reel since it is not a model that comes with an extra one.  Right now I use it primarily for wacky rig and other weightless plastics with braid.  Which I'm having pretty good success with Spider Wire camo braid.

Does anyone carry an extra spool with theirs? and why?

Pferox

• Life Member
  • Right on the Gulf Coast.
I used to carry one for one of my Mitchells, had a few of those reels so figured one in the tackle bag would be nice if the line got messed up. I never used it, so now all those extra spools are in a box somewhere.

"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

Smallie_Stalker

• CM Community Diplomat
  • Dobyns Rods When fishing is more than just a hobby
I always have extra spools for all of my Pflueger Patriarch spinning reels. I keep some spooled with various pound tests of braid and others with flourocarbon.

The biggest reason for me doing so right now is that I fish from the bank most of the time.Having the extra spools I can carry one rod and reel combo but still have a variety of line sizes and types to choose from.  :-*
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

BECOME A CHARTER MEMBER SUPPORT UB