New Zillion

Started by LgMouthGambler, June 24, 2014, 04:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LgMouthGambler

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

BassMan83

I hopped up Tatula. Nice!

Drake691

I bet it has a $600 price tag
I have lots of great personality traits. Or as my doctor calls them, symptoms.

steve76

earldogg

Quote from: Drake691 on June 24, 2014, 06:04:35 PM
I bet it has a $600 price tag
I heard its at 300$, I might be wrong.

LgMouthGambler

Supposed to retail around $300
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Down4ttown

MSRP will be $299. It is basically on a Tatula frame with more bells and whistles. It looks like it will be a great reel but I will hold off until I see the TYPE R!!!!

MCS

Romans 1:16    2 Corinthians 5:17     3 John 1:4
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

Down4ttown

It will have some impressive features. Basically a better braking system with better internals, a better spool that will be free floating and a slightly better drag. Seems like a steal for $100 more. I honestly think they will get it right and then blow us all away with a type R or anniversary editions.

LgMouthGambler

Im with you, I cant wait to see what the future holds in the Daiwa lineup.  ~bb

SenkoGuru

Sign me up for a couple asap. This has me VERY excited. I love my Tatula's, can't wait to get my hands on this new Zillion. Thanks for posting this.
Megabass Orochi xx Rods / Daiwa Reels / Yamamoto Senko's / V & M /  Gamakatsu

Remember your life vest. It floats, you don't.

MCS

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on June 25, 2014, 02:43:35 PM

My biggest issue is with that little wheel and where it is at. I don't like the wheels look or the location.
Other than that the reel looks nice. I wasn't a fan of how the tatula palmed when I had yours, that zillion though was a perfect fit....for 300 I can find something I personally like better but ain't spending 300 on a reel period...Now what I am excited for is the closeouts on the old zillions.....or smoke smoke smoke....I want me an inshore model either one would do. You know what I mean  ;D
Romans 1:16    2 Corinthians 5:17     3 John 1:4
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

LgMouthGambler

Tavery5

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on June 25, 2014, 02:43:35 PM

my, my, my, how the worm has turned..........

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Tavery5 on June 26, 2014, 10:13:38 PM
my, my, my, how the worm has turned..........

Lol I like fine things. IE Shimano and Daiwa.

Tavery5

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on June 26, 2014, 10:36:30 PM
Lol I like fine things. IE Shimano and Daiwa.

I think it's great that you have given other reels a fair evaluation, there was a time when that would not have happened.   Who would have thought, Dobyns rods and Daiwa reels, something about old dogs and new tricks comes to mind...

LgMouthGambler

Down4ttown

Saw that earlier. It looks damn good!

Drake691

I have lots of great personality traits. Or as my doctor calls them, symptoms.

Pacific NW Ron

It's coming.  But I have a feeling like all new gear it might be short on supply at first, at least to us smaller guys.
Ron
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

BassMan83

If this is smaller than the Tatula it will be my first $300 reel.

Down4ttown

Quote from: BassMan83 on July 02, 2014, 09:45:29 PM
If this is smaller than the Tatula it will be my first $300 reel.
It should be the same frame. It will be very close to the same size.

SenkoGuru

I remember when I use to think that the Curado E couldn't get any better. Then I bought a Team Pro Lew's and thought the same thing, Then I got the Daiwa Tatula and it grew to be my Favorite Reel, then I got the New curado I and I love it so.......I give up, I'm a reel junkie and Can't help it. I am excited about this new Zillion and can't wait to get one. I owned a Daiwa Zillion Type-R once and it was stolen out of my boat. This will be a fine replacement for that reel, I've always missed it.  I sure wish Daiwa would hurry up and release this.
Megabass Orochi xx Rods / Daiwa Reels / Yamamoto Senko's / V & M /  Gamakatsu

Remember your life vest. It floats, you don't.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: SenkoGuru on July 04, 2014, 03:02:11 PM
I remember when I use to think that the Curado E couldn't get any better. Then I bought a Team Pro Lew's and thought the same thing, Then I got the Daiwa Tatula and it grew to be my Favorite Reel, then I got the New curado I and I love it so.......I give up, I'm a reel junkie and Can't help it. I am excited about this new Zillion and can't wait to get one. I owned a Daiwa Zillion Type-R once and it was stolen out of my boat. This will be a fine replacement for that reel, I've always missed it.  I sure wish Daiwa would hurry up and release this.

If I were you Senko, I would grab the current Zillion while they are on sale. Something tells me they are going to be like the D series of the Curado.

LgMouthGambler

The Daiwa Zillion baitcasting reels incorporate the advanced design concepts and technology of its popular Tatula range and a combination of the company's revolutionary T-Wing System (TWS) and Free Floating Spool System to allow you to cast even further. With an ordinary level wind reel, line coming off the spool is forced through the line guide at a sharp angle. This results in casting friction, especially when the line guide is parked on one side of the reel. Daiwa says that the T-Wing's wider aperture means reduced angles and less friction from any position. Unlike other reels, where the pinion gear constantly rides the spool shaft, Daiwa's unique Free Floating Spool System floats the spool on precision, stainless steel ball bearings. Because the pinion rides its own separate shaft, the spool spins freely, unhampered by gear train friction when casting. Daiwa adds: "When you combine these two systems along with our Magforce Z anti-backlash control, you will get a smooth, effortless cast that will give you increased casting distance." Other features include:
• Rugged, light aluminium frame;
• Free-floating A7075 aluminium alloy spool that starts faster and spins longer;
• Durable Zaion lightweight side plate (gear side);
• Ultimate Tournament Carbon Drag (UTD) with 13.2lb drag max;
• 10 Bearing System (2 CRBB+7BB+1RB);
• Large 90mm swept power handle with cut-outs for reduced weight;
• Anodised parts colouring system – P (black); H (gold) and HS (red);
• Six-point support system;
• I-shape handle knob;
• Zaion swept star drag;
• Micro-click tension knob.