Florida Bragging Rights-Classic

Started by LgMouthGambler, July 19, 2014, 10:02:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. BassinLou

Pz is the parking ample for our boats where the trailers are located?

West6550

It's pretty quick if you are talking about the south lock.  Takes longer to get through the lock than anything.  There's a ramp right there just north of the lock as well.

LgMouthGambler

The ramp is right there at the park. Doesn't look like we need to pass a lock to get to the lake
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Pz3

Correct. 3 ramps. One at grape hammock and two down by the lock on both sides of it.

.... but if the lock is open. The entire canal will probably hold fish. If you troll slow and run any bait tight to the edge of it. Should find some fish.

The cut the current makes in front of the lock looks pretty deep too. Was watching bait fish scatter up to the top avoiding something below.

Pz3

Quote from: Bassinlou on September 18, 2014, 07:48:20 PM
Pz is the parking ample for our boats where the trailers are located?
Not real sure what trailers were which. I was looking at it trying to figure it out but didnt ask anyone. I think we can find room there.

LgMouthGambler

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Pz3

If not the entire area isnt to big. There is this spot where im sure we can sit trailers with boats if need be.

Was a ramp fee but if we are renting cabins are they waving that? If your a cheap guy I guess (or have an army of kids like MCS) there is always the public ramps by the lock.

Top left parking. Ramp bottom right.

Lock ramps

LgMouthGambler

I'm sure they don't charge the renters

West6550

Ramp fee was included I believe and also she said there was boat parking in the water and each spot had spaces for trailers if I recall correctly.

Deadeye

Each Rental includes: Parking, Launching, Dock Spot for boat-- with Electric for recharging boat batteries.

That is what I was told when I reserved our cabin.

Deadeye

Just a REMINDER to everyone that is coming for the Classic. LMG has started a new thread called the List where those that are coming are verifying that they are coming and what they are bringing for the Saturday Night Dinner Cook Out.

So far only 6 have said they are coming for sure on that thread and LMG is FREAKING OUT!!!!!

If your coming please add your name to The List. Thanks.

LgMouthGambler

MCS

Romans 1:16    2 Corinthians 5:17     3 John 1:4
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Deadeye on September 19, 2014, 04:36:42 AM
Each Rental includes: Parking, Launching, Dock Spot for boat-- with Electric for recharging boat batteries.

That is what I was told when I reserved our cabin.

Deadeye, do you know if its one slip per unit?

Deadeye

Don't know Lou. I just remember when we were booking I mentioned having power to be able to recharge the trolling batteries and she said that you got a Dock Spot with Power right there to plug into with your rental.

You'll probably need to bring an extension cord.

I would imagine that they figure at least 1-2 boats per rental.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Deadeye on September 21, 2014, 09:15:37 PM
Don't know Lou. I just remember when we were booking I mentioned having power to be able to recharge the trolling batteries and she said that you got a Dock Spot with Power right there to plug into with your rental.

You'll probably need to bring an extension cord.

I would imagine that they figure at least 1-2 boats per rental.
Thanks for the info Deadeye.

Pz3

Here is my deal. I requested the 4th off so I could fish all weekend but I havent heard anything back yet. If they dont approve it. I will only be able to come sunday.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Pz3 on September 22, 2014, 09:36:49 AM
Here is my deal. I requested the 4th off so I could fish all weekend but I havent heard anything back yet. If they dont approve it. I will only be able to come sunday.
Thanks for the update.

Pz3

Denied... this is what happens when 5 people get fired... a man goes crazy... and we have 7 new positions that need to be filled. 

I'll be there sunday!

Deadeye

PZ, here is a suggestion.

Come on down and on Saturday, Call In Well to work. When they say Well? What do you mean Well? You reply "Well I'm going fishing and I ain't coming into work today".

Might work, Might not though.........

See you Sunday!

Pz3

Normally i would agree to just call in but thats why people have been getting fired.

Capt. BassinLou

LgMouthGambler

West6550

Picking the boat up today for the trip!  I've decided to spend the first 2 hrs following LMG around doing donuts around his boat as he tries to fish!

Anybody wanna stand on the front deck mooning him and giving hand gestures?  Lolol

JK LMG lol don't drink yourself asleep again!

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: West6550 on September 26, 2014, 01:32:36 PM
Picking the boat up today for the trip!  I've decided to spend the first 2 hrs following LMG around doing donuts around his boat as he tries to fish!

Anybody wanna stand on the front deck mooning him and giving hand gestures?  Lolol

JK LMG lol don't drink yourself asleep again!

~roflmao

~beer~