August Bragging Rights

Started by Capt. BassinLou, August 01, 2014, 07:25:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. BassinLou

Ok, here are my fish for today. I culled 4 fish for these. 20", 19", 18.5" 18.5". My total for the month is 94.5" which parks me behind EvoChris. 

Capt. BassinLou

Our outing in the glades today was not bad. It was slow, but the hits came from quality fish. I only threw frogs. I tried a swim bait for a bit and nothing. So I went back to throwing the frog. I caught 3 nice fish on Bubba and the rest I caught on junior. Total fish caught were 8. I caught 6 but missed 4, and my BIL caught the remaining 2. That its for me this month. I am beat. So no fishing for me. Goodluck to whomever goes out tomorrow. Report when you can. I will do the end of the month numbers tomorrow night. How did you guys like the Bragging Rights Angler of the year format?

ccr425

Wow...... Great job with the frog, Lou! Those are some solid looking fish. Quality!!

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: ccr425 on August 30, 2014, 10:01:38 PM
Wow...... Great job with the frog, Lou! Those are some solid looking fish. Quality!!

Thanks CCR, congrats to you. I tried as best I could, but to hit 106.5" today was not going to happen. I am happy for the fish I caught however. There was no mistaking when they hit. Imagine a small hand grenade going off. And.... btw..... LMG..... these hawgtech's are freakin awesome!!

West6550

I'm pretty much out. Although I am heading to BassPro today to spend some of my $150 gift cards :-D

BOATS

Quote from: Bassinlou on August 30, 2014, 09:49:21 PM
Our outing in the glades today was not bad. It was slow, but the hits came from quality fish. I only threw frogs. I tried a swim bait for a bit and nothing. So I went back to throwing the frog. I caught 3 nice fish on Bubba and the rest I caught on junior. Total fish caught were 8. I caught 6 but missed 4, and my BIL caught the remaining 2. That its for me this month. I am beat. So no fishing for me. Goodluck to whomever goes out tomorrow. Report when you can. I will do the end of the month numbers tomorrow night. How did you guys like the Bragging Rights Angler of the year format?

It sucks  ~shade just kidding. On a different note , if I catch two more in the 13in range I will have caught all of the undersized fish in FL and Sept should be good.
2012 XPRESS H18 /  YAMAHA 115
Retired U.S Navy Chief

LgMouthGambler

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Deadeye on August 30, 2014, 02:30:30 PM
It would be hard to judge Big Fish by weight, since some do not have a scale. So you could use the Longest Fish recorded each month as the Big Fish. In case of a TIE, then the one with the next Longest Fish in their limit gets the extra 5 points.

Deadeye I used your suggestion awarding 5 pts to the individual with the longest fish of the month and the landscape changed considerably. WEST won that honor twice!! The other two were between you and TWIG. This month it will be more than likely that CCR gets that honor. Here is what it looks like including Big Fish honor's:

1. WEST 32pts
2. Deadeye 31pts
2. TWIG 31 pts
2. Bassinlou 31pts
3. LMG 30 pts
4. MCS 14pts
5. Gator 13pts

6. PZ 7pts
7. EvoChris 6pts
8. CCR 4pts
9. Bandit 4pts
10. BOATS: 2pts

As you can see, the AOY race can be very interesting because of the Longest Fish category. I really like this, unless I hear other wise, I will post AOY standings at the end of each month.

MCS

Quote from: Bassinlou on August 31, 2014, 08:36:02 AM
Deadeye I used your suggestion awarding 5 pts to the individual with the longest fish of the month and the landscape changed considerably. WEST won that honor twice!! The other two were between you and TWIG. This month it will be more than likely that CCR gets that honor. Here is what it looks like including Big Fish honor's:

1. WEST 32pts
2. Deadeye 31pts
2. TWIG 31 pts
2. Bassinlou 31pts
3. LMG 30 pts
4. MCS 14pts
5. Gator 13pts

6. PZ 7pts
7. EvoChris 6pts
8. CCR 4pts
9. Bandit 4pts
10. BOATS: 2pts

As you can see, the AOY race can be very interesting because of the Longest Fish category. I really like this, unless I hear other wise, I will post AOY standings at the end of each month.

When there are ties they eat all the #'s up until the next corresponding position . LMG should be 5 and i should be 6 etc because the three way tie eats up positions 2-4 u know what I mean Vern
Romans 1:16    2 Corinthians 5:17     3 John 1:4
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: MCS on August 31, 2014, 08:52:52 AM
When there are ties they eat all the #'s up until the next corresponding position . LMG should be 5 and i should be 6 etc because the three way tie eats up positions 2-4 u know what I mean Vern

I see what your saying. I never know how to properly place people when a tie occurs. After today, all these numbers will be changing again. I will keep in mind what you told me "vern".... lol

LgMouthGambler

I'm done for the day. Boats in the garage, and beer in the hand. Yes, I know, it's 1000, don't judge me. Lol. Caught a bunch, just nothing big enough to cull.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on August 31, 2014, 09:13:57 AM
I'm done for the day. Boats in the garage, and beer in the hand. Yes, I know, it's 1000, don't judge me. Lol. Caught a bunch, just nothing big enough to cull.
When are you going up to the lake? Tomorrow? 

LgMouthGambler

Pz3

I missed a biggin and then got an 18.25. Pic later its on my camera.

I was sight fishing the canal and came across 3 5-7 lb fish. In one spot. Hoping to get atleast one of them. I tossed over a couple times and ran the bait back through them.

On like my 3rd cast I got a Gar 3ft+ big as my ruler and scared them all off.

I have video of that too. Ill put it on youtube later.

BOATS

2012 XPRESS H18 /  YAMAHA 115
Retired U.S Navy Chief

Capt. BassinLou

Who is still going fishing today/again?  CCR? PZ? Deadeye?

Deadeye

Great job this month guys. August can be tough and everyone put fish in.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Deadeye on August 31, 2014, 12:54:30 PM
Great job this month guys. August can be tough and everyone put fish in.

Considering how challenging August has been everyone has done a great job. I know many of us would have liked to have had better numbers but numbers were put up nonetheless. There is always next month. ;)

Pz3

Maybe. I took a break to wash the car and cool down a little. Stripped all the wax off and...... it starts raining. Bleh.

ccr425

No fishing for me today. Recovering from a near heart attack last night. The National Champs gave us quite the scare up here!! Good job to all of the competitors! We all did what we had to do!!

Capt. BassinLou

So do I call this month? So far the responses from the usual suspects are that they are done. LMG is probably in his garage passed out. CCR says he's done, maybe PZ might do an outing later. I know after yesterday I am done til who knows when.  My son's  baseball season kicks off next Saturday so for the next few month's I may have to fish on Sunday's which I have never done. I guess i am anxious to kick off Sept, even though I will not be fishing much.... ~roflmao

LgMouthGambler

Wait.......I'm up.......what did I miss? What month is it? Where am I?

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on August 31, 2014, 02:12:11 PM
Wait.......I'm up.......what did I miss? What month is it? Where am I?
Hey.... there you are... take moment to get your bearings.  Lol....

LgMouthGambler

Lol. I actually was sleeping. Got a good nap in since the wife is gone. Resting myself for tomorrow. Just placed an order for a 600yd spool of YoZuri 12# for when my rig returns to me.

West6550

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on August 31, 2014, 02:31:52 PM
Lol. I actually was sleeping. Got a good nap in since the wife is gone. Resting myself for tomorrow. Just placed an order for a 600yd spool of YoZuri 12# for when my rig returns to me.
That's a big spool for one reel :-/ lol