how to remove brake shoe holder from spool

Started by cburge, August 05, 2014, 05:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cburge

Before I warp or mess something up, how do I remove the brake shoe holder from the spool on a pflueger reel?

Mike Cork

I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to? Can you post a pick real quick?

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Dark3

I think he is reffering to the disk that holds the centrifical brake tabs maybe??

Mike Cork

He called me on this and that's correct. Unfortunately this part isn't removable. To fix it, the spool will have to be replaced.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

LgMouthGambler

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

cburge

Quote from: Mike Cork on August 05, 2014, 07:58:34 PM
He called me on this and that's correct. Unfortunately this part isn't removable. To fix it, the spool will have to be replaced.
Not so fast my friend. I called this guy over in Louisiana now I don't know just how good of a fisherman he is but he is a jam up good shadetree reel mechanic and he told me how to fix it. I don't know if it is a trade secret of his so I wont go into details on how I did it. All I can say is that no duct tape or tie wire was used. I took the reel out to the lake today to see if it would hold up and caught a couple of three pounders on it and the reel is working like new.