Lanier Spot

Started by jocko, August 27, 2014, 02:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jocko

Got this one on a sammy this morning.

[attachment outdated - deleted by admin]

Bud Kennedy

Great Spots.  Lanier is on my bucket list for sure.

Mike Cork

That's a lot of fun right there, and on a top water  ~c~ ~c~ ~c~

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

ccr425

LgMouthGambler

Beautiful fish, love the color.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

mygreenihc

I live 45 miles from Lanier and I have never been.   ~b~

Brad

jocko

I love Lanier.  Maybe it's that I am still new to the lake,  but I mostly catch small buck bass and rarely get a big one like this.  Time on the water will educate me.  It's a big place and there are so many uncharted hot spots that the guys who have fished it for 20 years are dialed in to.  Topwater is what I have the most success with.  It's truly amazing when they are busting all around you.  And truly amazing when you have one hit it ten times before your bait gets to the boat.

On this same trip - a group of small ones popped at my sammy all the way to the boat.  I looked below them and there was a huge school of spots (hundreds of fish backs swimming under the boat like the bottom was moving).  The water was 20 or so feet deep and swimming pool clear.  So I dropped a spoon down to them and instantly hooked up - on a small one, as usual. 

Most of the big spots are caught on live bait by guys targeting stripers.   I may get to that point,  but for now - I am enjoying the topwater action too much.