Here is what's gonna be planted on my soon to be LSCR.

Started by LgMouthGambler, August 27, 2014, 07:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee Smith

You never knew there was so much bling to put on a rod huh?   lo
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

LgMouthGambler

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

LgMouthGambler

The rod is coming together, and with the pics he has sent me in the finishing process has me all tingly. I will not spoil until I have the rod in my hands. Then you guys get to see the finished product.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Donald Garner

He builds a great rod.  Nothing like them on the market.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Bigwrench

Absolutely a great rod builder. I need to get him to make me another one for Cranks soon.
Stop by the Garage and let me know if you have Maintenance issues that you need assistance with.

bobsquatch13

Be really interested in seeing yours. Lee is in preliminary stages on a 7' 6" heavy powered spinning rod for me, when he finish's yours and any others ahead of me. Spinning rods with that kind of power, 12 -25# line - I use only 16# Sunline Sniper FC, hard to almost impossible to find at the retail level.

Pferox

Quote from: bobsquatch13 on September 29, 2014, 04:05:41 PM
Be really interested in seeing yours. Lee is in preliminary stages on a 7' 6" heavy powered spinning rod for me, when he finish's yours and any others ahead of me. Spinning rods with that kind of power, 12 -25# line - I use only 16# Sunline Sniper FC, hard to almost impossible to find at the retail level.

That is definitely a salt rod, some times you can find them in the mom pop tackle shops, but it is getting rarer and rarer.  I have heard that a couple of Texas tackle companies make them off and on. That style there with a moderate to parabolic action is actually my favorite rod. 

I know Lee will definitely build you one better than any one you can get off the shelf, the best rod builder around.

"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

bobsquatch13

The rod will be used strictly for large mouth bass in the Calif. Delta tidal waters where at least half my fishing is in very heavy weeds, hyacinth and behind tall heavy tulle's. I have some fish over 10# in the Delta with numerous 5# plus and when caught in that heavy stuff need power to get heads up and out. I don't like "broomsticks" though and don't believe this will be that way. I have had casting rods with exact power that work well, I just much prefer spinning rigs for this as I do for everything I can get away with. The blank is from a casting rod blank being made into a spinning rod, as designed spinning blanks just don't have the power I need. Extra fast action is my preference but fast action best I can get with the blank I want. Those heads have to come up fast if you want to get the big ones out of the tulle's, any delay and they will bury themselves in the heavy stuff.

Pferox

Quote from: bobsquatch13 on September 30, 2014, 11:57:49 AM
The rod will be used strictly for large mouth bass in the Calif. Delta tidal waters where at least half my fishing is in very heavy weeds, hyacinth and behind tall heavy tulle's. I have some fish over 10# in the Delta with numerous 5# plus and when caught in that heavy stuff need power to get heads up and out. I don't like "broomsticks" though and don't believe this will be that way. I have had casting rods with exact power that work well, I just much prefer spinning rigs for this as I do for everything I can get away with. The blank is from a casting rod blank being made into a spinning rod, as designed spinning blanks just don't have the power I need. Extra fast action is my preference but fast action best I can get with the blank I want. Those heads have to come up fast if you want to get the big ones out of the tulle's, any delay and they will bury themselves in the heavy stuff.

That makes sense, I don't see much heavy grass any more, just piers and shell beds.
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

LgMouthGambler

A little birdie told me that the rod is on its way.  ~c~

LgMouthGambler

Just received the reel today. Tonight I will go home and put the gold pawl cap and screws on it. The rod is set to arrive tomorrow.  ~bb

steve76

LgMouthGambler

Bud Kennedy

LgMouthGambler

steve76

Let's see that baby! Hang on I need to get my sunglasses for the bling.

West6550

Quote from: steve76 on October 02, 2014, 09:45:06 AM
Let's see that baby! Hang on I need to get my sunglasses for the bling.
He's been taking pictures but the camera won't capture the blinding awesome!! Lol

MCS

Quote from: West6550 on October 02, 2014, 12:16:38 PM
He's been taking pictures but the camera won't capture the blinding awesome!! Lol

It did a pretty good job on that reel  ~sun  8) LOL Maybe LMG should turn off the flash  ;PHO)
Romans 1:16    2 Corinthians 5:17     3 John 1:4
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

LgMouthGambler

I was trying to take some pictures here at work, but the lighting sucks. Really need some good sunlight to make this amazingness show. Im a little busy at work, and tonight I am going out to the Funky Budha Brewery for my Birthday. Yall are gonna have to wait till tomorrow. Sorry >:D

MCS

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on October 02, 2014, 12:53:04 PM
I was trying to take some pictures here at work, but the lighting sucks. Really need some good sunlight to make this amazingness show. Im a little busy at work, and tonight I am going out to the Funky Budha Brewery for my Birthday. Yall are gonna have to wait till tomorrow. Sorry >:D

So you do drink better stuff that PBR and Natty light  ~beer~
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

LgMouthGambler

MCS

LgMouthGambler

Y'all have been asking for pictures, well here is a few. A full review is to come. I just want a bit more time on the water with it. I will tell you that I am not disappointed at all.

Pferox

Beautiful rod, Lee did a fantastic job there.
I like the confederate fish, nice touch.
Where is that red line you were using?  It would look good on that rod, OK, maybe a little Christmassy, but heck.

MCS