Buying 2005 200 Pro XL

Started by jprism, September 02, 2014, 01:47:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jprism

Looks like I will be buying a 2005 Stratos 200 Pro XL next week with a Yamaha 225 VMax 3.1. I would love to hear the pros/cons goods/bads from you Stratos owners. Boat has a 6" hydrolic jack plate not sure what prop.

Thanks for your comments...Jim
Using Tapatalk

Princeton_Man

Quote from: jprism on September 02, 2014, 01:47:31 AM
Looks like I will be buying a 2005 Stratos 200 Pro XL next week with a Yamaha 225 VMax 3.1. I would love to hear the pros/cons goods/bads from you Stratos owners. Boat has a 6" hydrolic jack plate not sure what prop.

Thanks for your comments...Jim

That's awesome Jim! I have a '93 Stratos 285 Pro XL with not nearly as many horses behind it. It was fairly well taken care of by the original owner. I truly love my Stratos! Most of us think we need bigger decks and I'm no exception. lo Of course, being an 05 I believe you'll have the wider decks and more storage. Not to mention the added length should smooth out rough water. My 285 feels a bit heavy but handles quite well around the bends and handles rough water about as well as you could expect an 18.5 boat.

I can't complain at all about the construction quality or the gelcoat. At 21 years old. she could use a little attention with some Pro-Tec and a buffer, but she's still a very solid tournament ready boat.

I think you're going to be very happy with the Stratos!

Don Garner will have something to add. He's also a Yamahammer man.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Princeton_Man

BTW, get a picture up when you can.  :)

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

jprism

Using Tapatalk

stumpy05

My boat is a 2005 201 pro xl and I couldnt ask for a better boat. But I have a evinrude pushing mine, but nonetheless stratos boats are nice. Mine is 9 yrs old and except for the scrstches I put on it its flawless.  The construction of the boats is awesome. Not to mention rides pretty good in rougher water to
Tryin To Make It Pro, But Still Stuck In East Tn.
One Day, Ill Make It To Where I Wanna Be!

Donald Garner

Jim

Congrats on the picking up your new ride  ~c~   Make sure you take LOTS OF PICTURES  ~shade
You're going to really like that boat.  Its well built and a durable boat.  IMO Yamaha engines are Second to None   ~bb

That 200 Pro XL is just a little bite longer and wider than my 2004 Stratos 285 Pro XL.  I'm pretty sure the deck layout / compartments are same as my 285 except larger.    I have no real complaints (wish the front deck was wider) about my Stratos she runs great with that Yamaha 150 VMax.  Speaking of running great etc if you keep your shifter / Hot Foot pushed to the floor that baby will burn some gas and oil   :surrender: ;)

Not sure about what size prop you'll need but I have a 23" inch 3 bladed SS on mine with a manual jack plate.    She's not fast WOT is 63.5 is all she's got.  But I'm more into having a great Hole Shot than top end performance and I got that  :)

Again congrats and welcome to the Stratos Family...... ~c~ 
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Donald Garner

Princeton_Man,

Jim I like that pic you got in your profile there  ;) 
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Buzbait88

The 200 Pro XL is one of the boats I really wanted.  I just couldn't find many with an opitmax Pro XS or and HPDI Yamaha. I ended up in a Skeeter ZX225, but I can tell you that you better hang on with that ride!  Setup right that boat will run mid 70's with ease and possibly into the upper 70's with some extra cash getting the prop worked and the right jackplate on it.  Like tritons though, they can be handful to drive at times.
THE VIBRASHOCK IS BACK!!
KaRu Lures
KaRu Facebook

Princeton_Man

Quote from: Donald Garner on September 02, 2014, 06:36:34 PM
Princeton_Man,

Jim I like that pic you got in your profile there  ;)

Thanks Don! It's not often that anyone but myself is taking a pic of the boat. Family from Germany was on the beach with a zoom lens and caught me and my little buddy coming in from a day on the water. -J

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club