Just bought a Skeeter 2008 21i...

Started by Rocketship, September 25, 2014, 05:26:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocketship

I came across a deal that I just couldn't let go on this boat. It is a 2008 21i with the 300 HPDI. It only has 12 hours on the motor and hasn't been run above 4500 RPMs at all(computer verified). It has been sitting in a garage for most of its existence. I am not quite sure of all the reasons why that is the case but I suspect it was because of health issues of the previous owner. I had it looked at by a certified Yamaha outboard guy and he says it is cherry, can't believe what I paid for it. I am super excited because I can't find much of anything negative about these boats. And that is the reason I am posting. I would like to know of any issues anyone may have had with this or a similar boat.

I am currently in Afghanistan and a trusted (fisherman) family member has handled the whole situation for me so I haven't been able to see the boat in person yet. I'll be back sometime in November. Yes, I know it is a gamble to do that but like I said, the deal was just way too good to pass on. The uncle I had handle it for me is a serious angler who knows boats (Ranger owner), I trust the mechanic and I trust Yamaha as I have owned two Yamaha outboards in the past that I really liked and only had one very minor issue with one of them which was my fault in the first place. The features on this boat are just ridiculously nice and that is kind of what worries me. The whole digital multi function switch command center with the electric locks and alarm makes me just a bit nervous. This runs everything from what I understand and I cannot stand electrical malfunctions! Has anyone had or heard of problems with this system? Any other issues with these boats?

I really appreciate any input and I expect I will be a very happy fisherman when I get back!

Rocketship

2008 21i

[attachment outdated - deleted by admin]

Princeton_Man

Beautiful!!! I'd be very happy to look after it for you until you get back home.  lo Rocketship is a fitting screen name since you'll setting the water on fire with that. -Jim
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Rocketship