cross lake public launch

Started by TBryan, October 21, 2014, 09:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TBryan

Haven't been to cross in a while. Have noticed several comments about the public launch. Is it alright to launch there, as far as being safe and will everything be like I left it when I get back ? Thanks in advance for any information.  By the way,  Tim is my name, and I really enjoy Ultimate Bass, and appreciate that there are fishermen out there willing to share information instead of keeping everything a secret and giving out misleading information.

andy52887

You should be fine. Its no different then anywhere else. They did have a few problems but police do patrol the area and me personally I havent ever had any problems and have been there several times.
Stanley Field Staff (www.fishstanley.com)

TBryan

Nutt

Like Andy said, there is a chance for vandalism or theft at any public launch.  I have launched there many times and so far, have never had a problem.
Doctor says I should stay away from other people.

Russ199A

There were some items taken from peoples trucks. Some funny (bad gass) but most not funny. It was brought to the Shreveport PD attention and they increased patrols.
I've seen Police car's patroling the just sitting the parking lot the last two tournaments we had there.
I haven't heard of any issues as of late.
I will continue to launch there.
I lock things up and try not to make myself an easy target. Don't leave things in the bed of your truck and don't leave something in sight that looks expensive inside your truck.
Lastly, bolt your trailer tag to the trailer. Myself and a few others had our tags stolen. My tag was bolted to the flexable attach point like it was suppose to be but someone just cut the plastic with a knife tag is gone.
2014, 2016 & 2017 TCTC AOY - With a little help from the man upstairs!

TBryan

Thanks for the input. Never had trouble there before, just heard some things and read some things and I know a lot of the guys on here go to cross alot. Wanted to know what they were doing and get their thoughts. Hopefully my next post will be a fishing report, a good one.