Good morning, a time for thanks

Started by Oldfart9999, November 01, 2014, 07:10:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pferox

Good Morning Y'all!

Hope everything gets better for everybody, and today turns out to be a great day.

All my tests and appointments that were scheduled by my surgeon got canceled today, seems nobody wants to pay for it.  NOW I have to reschedule stuff with my Oncologist, who is the main person in this mess. 

Oh well, looking forward to getting back in the work thing soon, hopefully.  Going to have to explain the year off.  Think I will look into a new career.  "Do you want fries with that?"
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

Donald Garner

Good evening to all

We had clear skies for most of the day.  Our temps ranged from 42 - 71 dgrs.  They are calling for rain the next couple days.

Jim sorry to hear about your appts and such got canceled.  I have you in my daily prayers.

To everyone have a very blessed evening.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Smallie_Stalker

Howdy all. Long and busy day today but I got to stay inside and be warm.  ~sun

Jim, sorry for the troubles. Seems like everyday I am hearing more and more about how people are having troubles when it comes to medically related issues. so much for all of the promises about how our medical situation was going to improve with the passage of the AFCA. I hope you get it all worked out quick.

Rodney, I will be praying for you all up that way. Reminds me of the blizzard of '78.

Don, glad your test came back okay. I hope the rash clears up ASAP.

For those of you who may not have heard, Mother Nature had to have some surgery done. She is home and doing fine but an extra prayer or two for her and Mike wouldn't hurt if you've got a minute or two. And maybe drop a line in Mike's thread http://www.ultimatebass.com/bass-fishing-forum/index.php?topic=119859.0
Thanks.

I hope everyone enjoys their evening.
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Oldfart9999

Good morning UBers. Jim, that is just plain ridiculous, it's what the ACA was supposed to prevent, guess they were too busy making us look stupid to do the right thing. Good news Mother Nature, disc problems are no fun, looks like you'll take your rightful place behind the wheel of the Legend.
Off to celebrate 44 years of wedded bliss today, and I would do it all over again.
Have a great weekend,
Rodney 
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Smallie_Stalker

Good afternoon to all. I hope everyone is enjoying their day so far.

Congratulations Rodney!  :toot: :toot: Here's to the next 44.  :)  ~beer~ ~beer~ ~beer~ ~beer~

Looking forward to having nothing to do but what I want for a couple of days - or probably more correctly what the wife wants.  ;)

Looks like the fishing is done for the year. Stopped by the small pond i like to fish on the way home and it took 3/8 oz. to keep the lure from bouncing and skating.   :( :( :( :( Oh well, it's only 5 more months til spring.

Have a great evening.

Donald Garner

Greetings to all,

The weather here in Central Texas has changed once again.  We started the day off at 60 dgrs.  The high for today was 70.  Its been mostly cloudy and there's the chance of rain for this evening and all day tomorrow.  We're looking at the highs being in the 60's tomorrow with rain.

Rodney congrats to you and your special lady  ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~

My rash is healing pretty fast with the med's I've been taking.  I know one thing those anti itch pills sure do provide a peaceful nights sleep ~shade  I haven't slept that sound in a while. 

To everyone I hope youns all have a very safe and pleasant weekend.
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

Bigwrench

Good morning everyone , a little cool here this morning but looks like we will have a real nice day. Heading out for the breakfast buffet and some shopping with Schlichs 90 year old granny . We like to get her out of the house every week if possible and just hang out. Gonna go see about getting my smart phone fixed or buying a used one. Everyone have a great day
Stop by the Garage and let me know if you have Maintenance issues that you need assistance with.

Pferox

Good Morning Gang!

Finally quit raining some time last night.  Weather pest says it is in the low 60s now going up to the mid 70s and it will be partly cloudy.  Everybody else says it is going to be a day of nasty storms, and tormatoes.  I guess we will wait and see.

Otherwise life is good .... Hope everybody has a fantastic Saturday!

"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

Smallie_Stalker

Good early evening UB family. I hate this getting dark by 5:00 P.M. thing. Feels like the middle of the night by about 7:30.

Did some food shopping and bought another Christmas gift for my boy. He is almost 17 and I still call him that like he is a little kid. He's taller then me, and a lot smarter too.  ::)

Lining up my winter fishing related projects and cleaning up the work area tomorrow, if I can avoid the wife's winter project list.  lo

Hope everyone has a great night.

Bud Kennedy

Rain and Severe storms are on the agenda today for the Coastal Carolinas.  Temps about 70.  Although we really need the rain could do without the severe stuff.  Local fishing reports here have been outstanding.  Lots of good catches being reported all around the Carolinas.  With Thanksgiving upon us the preparation schedule has been hectic but still hope to get some fishing in sometime next week.

Pferox

Good Morning Y'all!

What an evening and night last night!  Thunder, Lightening, I heard Dallas had an earthquake, man, what a long night.  The dogs just wouldn't leave me alone!!  Glad the wife got some sleep since she is the working girl.

Looks pretty peaceful out there today, and at 61 degrees.  Maybe a nap is in order today, will see.

The past few days around the Gulf Coast, fishing has been great, the Flounder are on the move, Reds and other movers and shakers are moving and feeding too.  In my Bayou, the fishing down right  :suck_kr: and with all this fresh water coming in, I wonder if I will see bass down there.

Anyways all will settle down eventually, hope everybody has a fantastically blessed day!

Donald Garner

Good morning to everyone,
We had some serious weather move through Central Texas yesterday.  We had rain, lighting and thunder from yesterday afternoon well into the night.    Presently we got partly cloudy to clear skies and 53 dgrs.

Nothing planned for today except attending church and out to lunch afterwards. 

To everyone have a very pleasant day and tight lines to those out on the water.

Deadeye

Morning all.

It was a long day yesterday as we held our 37th Our Kids Toy Run at the MC. The rainy weather keep some away but 130 Riders still showed and it looks like we raised around $8-9,000.00 for the local kids.

I was asked by the Toy Run Director to be the MC for the event and after doing the Auction and making all the Announcements all day my voice is kind of rough this morning. Was worth it though for the Kids.

Rain looks like it will probably be here for a few days, so not much fishing for me this week. May get some in, not sure yet.

Everyone have a great day.

Deadeye

Morning all.

Meeting with my Toy Run Coordinator to deliver the toys we received as donations during the Run.

After that I need to stop and get a price on getting something on my truck done, then who knows if it's not raining I might go fishing.

Bigwrench

Good morning everyone . Hope everyone had a great weekend .  Got my cell phone fixed fairly reasonable and put the Christmas lights up on the house . Rained pretty much all day yesterday so we just hung out here inside.
  Rodney did you ever get pictures of your  jig making process ? I'm going to start playing around with making some soon and would enjoy the help lol. Whelp gonna head into work early. We are now down to 2 1/2 (lol) Techs at work, had 2 guys quit in the last week and I am gonna be working a lot of overtime in the next few months it seems. Hope everyone has a great Monday !
Stop by the Garage and let me know if you have Maintenance issues that you need assistance with.

Oldfart9999

Good morning UBers. Warm and windy, off to the gym then winterize the boat :'( :'(. Bigwrench, I think I'm going to have to make a CD of the pics and send them to Mike, I can't get photobucket work right, I know I'm old and not tech literate but I got it to work for the man cave but not now.
My wife and I did an overnight at the Harbor Hotel in Watkins Glenn on the southend of Seneca Lake, wonderful accommodations and excellent food. We visited the Curtiss -Wright Museum in Hammondsport on the south end of Keuka Lake then off to Dr. Constantine Franks winery for our years supply of vino, sorry NAPA Valley, our wines as good if not better than yours, fact, a really nice weekend.
D3, make it south ok, hope so. Don, good news about the rash.
Ya'll have a great day,
Rodney

Bigwrench

Quote from: Oldfart9999 on November 24, 2014, 06:34:40 AM
Bigwrench, I think I'm going to have to make a CD of the pics and send them to Mike, I can't get photobucket work right, I know I'm old and not tech literate but I got it to work for the man cave but not now.

Maybe this evening if you have time I can call ya or message ya and we can get it figured out if youd like to try ?

Princeton_Man

Quote from: Bigwrench on November 24, 2014, 05:32:30 AM
Good morning everyone . Hope everyone had a great weekend .  Got my cell phone fixed fairly reasonable and put the Christmas lights up on the house . Rained pretty much all day yesterday so we just hung out here inside.
  Rodney did you ever get pictures of your  jig making process ? I'm going to start playing around with making some soon and would enjoy the help lol. Whelp gonna head into work early. We are now down to 2 1/2 (lol) Techs at work, had 2 guys quit in the last week and I am gonna be working a lot of overtime in the next few months it seems. Hope everyone has a great Monday !

Christmas lights! That's what I was supposed to do Saturday!

Hey Rick, 1/2 a Tech?? :-\ He must do piece work?  ~roflmao -Jim

Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Smallie_Stalker

Evening UB. Woke up this morning and my left ankle was swollen pretty good. Hurt all day in work and by the time I got out I was having trouble walking on it. Called the doc and she says she wants me in for an ultasound and a few more tests first thing in the morning.

No Christmas decorations for me until after Thanksgiving. We're taking it one holiday at a time.  lo

Rick, It can be a PITA to have to take up the slack like that but at least you know you have a job and I bet the extra $$ will help out with all you got coming up.

Well the site is going down soon for the move so I'm going to go make a call for some take-out since I am off my feet for the evening. Every one stay warm and safe and have a great night.

Dark3

Good evening friends,

We set off on our relocation this morning. We made a pretty good push the first day, and just landed in a small motel in the middle of nowhere in Dodson, NC. We have about 6 hours left. We will glide into our destination tomorrow afternoon.

Deadeye, keep doing great things. Thats really awesome!

Wrench, stop making us look bad with our wives with your ambitious early hanging of the lights.

Fart, that stinks about the boat. Hopefully this winter will not freeze as hard as last and you can get out before june.

Smallie, stay off that ankle. Hope you feel better, not much worse than an ankle injury. Stuff tends to get difficult when it hurts to walk.

Ttyl guys..

Oldfart9999

Good morning UBers. Smallie, prayers for your ankle buddy. The good ship Oldfart didn't get covered yesterday, too windy and I didn't feel like being taken to Oz, to day's the day.
Have a great day,
Rodney

Deadeye

Morning all.

I had hoped to fish today, but with 100% chance of rain I changed my mind. LOL

I just heard fro my Toy Run Coord and he informed me that we raised $8,761.00 for our local kids during the Toy Run and we also got two truck loads of Toys that we delivered yesterday.

Makes you feel good to be a part of something like this.

Smallie_Stalker

Good afternoon UB family. In the 60's today  ~sun    Snow forecast for tomorrow   ~b~ In other words - New England.

Thanks all for the thoughts and prayers. The good news is they didn't find anything. The bad news is they didn't find anything. So they don't know what's going on. They gave me some pain meds and told me to stay off it as much as possible while they wait for the full blood work to come back. They also gave me a blood thinner just in case there might be a small blood clot they can't detect on the ultrasound. They said that's probably unlikely since I don't have any of the other indicators but they would rather err on the side of caution. I have to go back Friday for some follow-up stuff. They don't think it is anything serious so I'm not too worried about it.

Deadeye, that is so awesome.  ~c~ I know you helped make some kids holidays very happy ones.

Dark, i'm glad you made it out buddy. Did you get that boat packed into the truck?

Rodney, good luck. That's one of the few things I don't miss about owning a boat.

Hope everybody has a great evening.

Dark3

Good evening guys,

We made it in to columbas georgia right outside of post. We get a house on post tomorrow morning. One of the biggest differences other than it being 50 degrees warmer is how nice people are. Its nice to be bacl down south where people arent so rude all the time. I walked around atlanta omw here and was blown away at the amount of courtesy people had as we walked around. Little things like moving out of your way when you are passing. In nny people will purposely stand in your way just to be a "woops" lol

Donald Garner

Good evening to all,

Beautiful day here in Central Texas we had 35 dgrs for the low 66 dgrs for our high lots of sun  ~sun

Deadeye congrats on the fund raiser that  $8,761.00 will go along way to make some kids happy  ~c~

Smallie tks for the update.  We have you in our daily prayers brother 8)

Dark3 welcome to Southern Hospitality ~shade  I enjoyed our stay (18 months) at Ft. Benning.  Your family will enjoy the surrounding communities also.

To everyone have a very pleasant evening.