Mother Nature will continue to watch over us

Started by Mike Cork, November 20, 2014, 08:45:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cork

Last year Mother Nature started having considerable pain in her neck and right arm. This graduated to numbness in her right arm and fingers, sever headaches, and some paralysis of her right arm. After several pain management options and MRI's she finally decided on surgery.

That surgery happened yesterday morning (we kept it under wraps). The doc removed her C5-C6 disk and put a spacer in, then plated them together. This was all done by going through her throat. He also removed several spurs on adjoining vertebrae.

She spent most of yesterday in and out with the pain meds they had in the IV. But this morning she is doing great, has apparent full mobility in her arm again with no pain. Still has some headache issues that may or may not resolve them selves. We'll have to get her off all the steroids and pain meds from the surgery and re-engage if they are still there.

Just wanted to let everyone know.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

analfisherman

That is GREAT NEWS!

I will pray for continued success!
Tell MOM we love her and YOU get started on the Thanksgiving Feast you will be serving her  IN BED a week from now!!  :)
"Fishing isn't life or death... it's more important than that."

jocko

Jared LeBlue

Hope the surgery was a success and her recovery is fast. Susie is going through the same thing. She has had one steroid shot in her spine and she has one more she can do.  Basically we are buying time with the shots.  She will eventually have to have surgery.  :(
Ardent Prostaff

MCS

Praying for a full and speedy recovery for her.
Romans 1:16    2 Corinthians 5:17     3 John 1:4
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

Canesfan

WOW !!!! Sounds like pretty major stuff.  I get scared when I hear about operating on the back, spine, etc., anywhere there are nerves involved which if a slight mistake happens, can cause permanent and irreversible damage so congrats to her Doctors and wishing her a speedy and full recovery.

Bigwrench

Praying for a full recovery , I am told one day I will have no choice but to have this procedure done twice. Hopefully this will solve her problem and maybe answer some of my concerns/fears about having it done
Stop by the Garage and let me know if you have Maintenance issues that you need assistance with.

Lee Smith

Great news Mike!  Let her know she is in our prayers. 
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

Polaris425

Fishin' Alabama
Building Rods, & Snatchin' Lips.

Mike Noble

Hopefully the improvement will continue.  Good to hear the surgery was successful.
Life is a B........each!

TREATING LIFE FAIRLY - e-reader

TREATING LIFE FAIRLY - paperback

Ask me about PROTANDIM

scbassfanatic

Great news. Hopping for a fast and full recovery.

bass1cpr

Thanks for sharing Mike! Glad surgery went well and praying she makes a fast and full recovery! God Bless both of you !
A fish a day keeps postal away. See fishing is relaxing.  Member B.A.S.S.  Illinois B.A.S.S. Federation Nation

ring fry

Prayers your way.  Probably caused by the big fish she's caught the last few years.  :)  Keep us updated.

SE Kansas grass grower
GO JAYHAWKS
2008 NCAA Basketball Champions

merc1997

mike

good to hear of good news.  will sure keep both of you in our prayers.  i can relate to the neck issues myself.  so far, i have able to do some things that keep me running without surgery.

remind mother nature to be very diligent to PT.  it is an absolute must to come out with the best results, even though it will be going through some more pain.

bo
On Heaven's Lake

TNDiver

IN our prayers and hoping for a speedy recovery!  I bet she can't yell at you now, so you have some time to get in trouble!  ~roflmao
There is nothing like sharing any moment outdoors with someone special!

UB Life Member: Starcraft Deck Boat with Minnkota Fortrex and Garmin Echomap Plus

bluebonnet2

good afternoon,

god bless................ ~c~ ~c~

good luck,
PURA VIDA,
bluebonnet2
here we go!!!!!
vietnam vet...4th inf. div. 66-67
Life member BASS

Mike Cork

Thank you everyone! Your support means the world to Laurie.

She's home now and doing good. Starting to have some surgery pain, no more IV drugs LOL... But the nerve pains are still gone at this point. It's going to be hard but if I can keep her slowed down the doc said she'll be in great shape in just a week. Still no lifting or things that strain the neck area, but the surgery pain will subside and with the nerve pain gone, life should be good!

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Smallie_Stalker

Glad things went well with the surgery Mike. Got you both on the prayer list. Let her know we are thinking of her.
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Donald Garner

Mike thanks for the update.  We have you both in our daily prayers.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Ice Cold Peanuts

Take good care of her Mike. A great woman is a very precious thing. Those of us lucky enough to have such a woman don't realize it until their health is threatened. We tend to become complacent. It's sad that it takes a scare to wake us up. Put her on a pedestal and keep her there.
2004 Ranger Camache, Yamaha 150. Guess who thinks he's pretty cool now?

Bassinkorea

Wow, that sounds like she has been through a very tough time. So glad to hear the surgery had a positive result. Best of luck with the recovery phase Laurie......!!
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

bassingirl

Glad to hear she is doing well. Best wishes on a quick recovery.

Bassoholic

Mile I will send prayers yall's way. I'm happy she is back home now and in recovery mode.

Deadeye

Glad everything worked out OK. Best wishes along your way.

BOATS

2012 XPRESS H18 /  YAMAHA 115
Retired U.S Navy Chief