The Stillwater

Started by Oldfart9999, November 27, 2014, 02:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldfart9999

Thought I'd share a few pics of my favorite place on God's green earth, a place of peace and tranquility for me.

The Stillwater Reservoir is in the Adirondack State Park. The camping is primitive, no running water, no electric, no cell service, while we used designated sites you may camp anywhere as long as it's 150 feet from the high water mark.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Oldfart9999

I hope this gives you an idea of why I love this place so much.
If you have questions I'll be more than happy to answer them.
Rodney

Donald Garner

Rodney,

Tks for sharing the pics.  Its looks relaxing and peaceful.  Nice looking Smallmouth there also.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Princeton_Man

Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Pferox

Fantastic area, looks awful fishie to me.

Is that an American Eskimo?  I had a Samoyed and they look exactly the same except for the size.
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

Oldfart9999

Yes Jim, it's an Eskie. I found her on an expressway on ramp one morning in March of '01. I dropped her off at a vet on my way to work, she wound up having bruised lungs and a fractured pelvis, they let me take her home the next day. This is not a dog I would've picked, but one look into her eyes and we bonded, if she survived she was mine. At the time she was about 6 months and they weren't sure if she was a Samoyed or not. All she did for 2 weeks was eat and sleep then badda bing. She stayed right by me, if I went to the kitchen she went, if to the bathroom she followed, she was my little white shadow, we became joined at the hip. BPS and Gander allowed dogs in and she was on a first name basis with the employees, she had learned, on her own, to drag me to the service desk, stand up and dance and enjoy the treats she got. lo
She loved going for walks, fishing or rides in the truck. She helped me rehab when I had my left hip replaced.
I lost her 2 years 8 months ago, stomach problem that couldn't be cured, you have no idea how much I miss her.
Rodney

Pferox

So sorry for your loss, Rodney.  My first dog was a Sammie, my dad was against dogs in the house so we never had one in the city.  When I moved out, I got one, as much for my sister who was 17 years younger than I was.  We called him Kilo because he looked like a kilo of white stuff laying on the floor.  Miami vice was a popular show back then.

After a few months of him going to visit my parents and sister, my Mom kidnapped him and allowed me visitation rights.  He was a good boy, and I learned a lot about training from him. We have good memories of that clown.  He outlived my Mom by a few months.  He blessed us for 14 years.

My college buddy had an eskimo, he was a fantastic dog, when he passed they took him to a taxidermist.  It was kind of surreal walking into their house and seeing the dog standing there not moving.

"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim