SK 8.0

Started by laketrash, December 18, 2014, 09:12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laketrash

What rod and reel combo are you throwing these on? These things are huge. I bought two. I took one out of the package and I think it is growing.
JUST FLOATN AROUND

Mike Cork

Haven't got one yet, but since it's technically a square bill, I'd expect I could handle it on a five power or medium heavy rod. You'll need a fast or extra fast tip to help with casting it though.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Ron Fogelson

Yep Mike is spot on, I believe it's a 1/2 ounce less then the XD10 and I use a 7' 10" M cranking rod by Okuma for that,,,,, however for this one I'd got with one of my 7' 3" MH fast Kistlers to help bang it off stuff.  BTW I fish both the XD10's and my LC 2.5 squarebills on braid  ;) you can get deeper, don't have to worry about a good hook set and if you get hung the braid will help you get your cranks back most of the time  ~gf

caddyjoe77

Quote from: Ron Fogelson on December 19, 2014, 09:06:20 AM
Yep Mike is spot on, I believe it's a 1/2 ounce less then the XD10 and I use a 7' 10" M cranking rod by Okuma for that,,,,, however for this one I'd got with one of my 7' 3" MH fast Kistlers to help bang it off stuff.  BTW I fish both the XD10's and my LC 2.5 squarebills on braid  ;) you can get deeper, don't have to worry about a good hook set and if you get hung the braid will help you get your cranks back most of the time  ~gf

Without a leader i presume?
BeerMe

Ron Fogelson

No leader, direct tie.  30lbs PP on Fork was digging in 32ft of water on a cast, not strolling  ;)

caddyjoe77

Quote from: Ron Fogelson on December 19, 2014, 09:26:15 PM
No leader, direct tie.  30lbs PP on Fork was digging in 32ft of water on a cast, not strolling  ;)

Thanks Ron.  XD10 or DD22?
BeerMe

Lee Smith

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on December 20, 2014, 12:46:13 AM
Thanks Ron.  XD10 or DD22?

My bet is the 10, knowing the feller that's throwin' it  lo

My partner and I use 50# PP on square bills and 30# on deep divers also  :-*
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

Ron Fogelson

Yes Sir XD10  ~beer~           ;D

caddyjoe77

picked up the only two colors the tackle store had last night.  The Bluegill and Black Chart.  Looking to run these puppies near spawners this spring! Especially that Bluegill color. 
BeerMe

laketrash

I tied one on a 7'3" MH Kistler KLX. Sure feels like to much bait. I am going to see how it does this weekend.
JUST FLOATN AROUND