Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Lockett Lures Outlet

K9 Fishing Line

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: P-Line CXX review  (Read 3528 times)

JayPea2006

• Ultimate Basser
  • Angler's Gold
P-Line CXX review
« on: March 12, 2006, 09:46:32 PM »

I used it for the first time in my tournament on Saturday. I was so impressed with it's performance that I sent a letter to P-Line today.

I fished #12 in, on, and around flooded timber without a single mishap. No line breaks, abbrasions, or knot breakage all day! I love the stuff and after the day I had Saturday, I will be stringing it up on everything I own.

I liked the way it felt. It had a lot of the character's I like with using mono, but held up so much better under the brutal conditions I was putting it through. I only retied one time, and not because of any nicks in the line, but rather just a precautionary retie mid-day.

I'm all  :)

Chris

• Ultimate Basser
Re: P-Line CXX review
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 09:52:30 PM »

I have to agree.. It is very good stuff.

silversalmon

• Ultimate Basser
  • Slaying the Salmon.
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 10:02:49 PM »

Never tried that, not on nick in the line all day  ~read Man, that sounds like something I could go for 8)

United States Air Force 1994-present

JayPea2006

• Ultimate Basser
  • Angler's Gold
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2006, 10:20:39 PM »

Never tried that, not on nick in the line all day  ~read Man, that sounds like something I could go for 8)

I did not have the first problem with the line! My first use of it was in a tournament, a big risk but well worth it in the end. I continualy checked the line for nicks and never found the first one. I re-tied about 1pm just in case the knot may have weakened, but not because of a problem.

OHbassaholic

• P.O.W. = Prisoner of work.
  • Ultimate Basser
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2006, 10:26:49 PM »

I've got a buddy that recommended it to me a few years back.  He said his whole club used the stuff.  I tried a spool of 12 pt and felt it was too stiff.  Come to find out that his club uses everything below 12 pt in CXX.  I've been using Stren Magnaflex since I first field tested it 4 years ago.  Super abrasion resistance and that was why my buddy suggested CXX, for the same qualities.  Not for me.  My only problem now is that it looks like my store might not be carrying Magnaflex any more.  It's all on clearance so I'm hoping it's because there is new packaging rolling out for 2006.  Otherwise, I will have to go to the competition to get my mono line.

bass1cpr

• Ultimate Basser
  • FnG
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2006, 10:37:19 PM »

I use P-line because nothing else holds up liek it does. IT may get memory but it doesn't break.

Here's a test take any line and drag it back and forth across an old rusty saw blade. Now try that with P-line.  ;D

Ever fish any metal rusty docks? P-line will not let you down.

I've never found a line that will take the punishment that P-Line will........
A fish a day keeps postal away. See fishing is relaxing.  Member B.A.S.S.  Illinois B.A.S.S. Federation Nation
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.2 seconds with 23 queries.