I did it.

Started by LgMouthGambler, January 24, 2015, 04:29:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LgMouthGambler

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Dark3

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on January 24, 2015, 08:10:14 PM
So what's next? Lol
Ive been wanting a jdm steez sv for awhile but im trying to dig out of debt lol which im sure is just shocking lol. I still need handles for two reels as well. Im only maintaining 5 reels so when the time comes one of the CU-Is will be on the chopping block

Dark3

Honestly the IS is probly the better value as I believe the MB version actually retailes for less than the stock steez but...I already have a matt black purple reel

Dark3

Im nor positive but i think the hyper lariat us the most current MB steez and its the same color scheme as my zonda 68

LgMouthGambler

IS is nice. Love the green color. Reminds me of the TD ito.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Dark3

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on January 24, 2015, 08:34:31 PM
IS is nice. Love the green color. Reminds me of the TD ito.
Oh yea thats the last model before the most current one I believe. They are amazing looking. Not surw you can even gets your hands on a new one being that they are limited.

LgMouthGambler

All Megabass seem to that some kind of special.

caddyjoe77

Congrats on the reel.  ~c~

So, is there much of a difference between a juiced up reel and this one?
BeerMe

Brocksdad1

Wow that one sweet reel.

I could buy about 10 of my second hand quantum reels for that.
Congrats bud.
One day when I feel good enough I'll step up to a curado! Lol
This is not a hobby for me, its a sick addiction. Now my son has the problem...isnt it great!!!

I would like to take this time to thank Bass for biteing my lures and bringing me joy.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on January 24, 2015, 09:11:50 PM
Congrats on the reel.  ~c~

So, is there much of a difference between a juiced up reel and this one?
I'm gonna see how it compares to my hopped up Zillions.

Down4ttown

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on January 25, 2015, 03:10:42 AM
I'm gonna see how it compares to my hopped up Zillions.
It will feel great because you want it to. My type R feels awesome for my application. I want to compare a Twing zillion next though.

LgMouthGambler

I love my Zillions. And yes, I'm sure it will feel great due to that alone.
I couldn't get used to the T Wing Tatula, and for that reason I will not even consider the new Zillion. I know they are similar in feel, and not being crazy about the T Wing design, puts me off. They look cool though. If you get one I am interested to see what you think. I know you like the Tatula though, so I am still gonna be biased. Lol

Down4ttown

I like my zillion more but I do feel that the tatula is a great reel for the money. I use both for flipping though. I also don't Palm my reels so that may play some into it. I like shimano too so at least I'm not a brand snob. Just like good quality and leave it at that. I do want a megabass but with baby coming and the fact I just closed on a new home, it will have to wait.

Dark3

Quote from: Down4ttown on January 25, 2015, 03:28:06 PM
I like my zillion more but I do feel that the tatula is a great reel for the money. I use both for flipping though. I also don't Palm my reels so that may play some into it. I like shimano too so at least I'm not a brand snob. Just like good quality and leave it at that. I do want a megabass but with baby coming and the fact I just closed on a new home, it will have to wait.
You own some T3s too dont you? Seems nobody is a fan of trying out that platform but people with the megabass fx68 seem to love them and report almost no issues with the hoods

Down4ttown

I have a couple and I love them. Feel like they work good with a more finesse setup. No issues though. Everyone has their preferences though

Bud Kennedy

I wonder how it will look with purple screws and green nuts?  Must be a seahawks fan I guess.  I am sure the bling master will add his touches.   ~gf

LgMouthGambler

I don't know if I want to touch this thing. It looks good the way it sits.

MCS

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on January 27, 2015, 05:06:29 AM

Yeah that thing looks perfect from every angle.
Romans 1:16    2 Corinthians 5:17     3 John 1:4
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

LgMouthGambler

Pferox

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on January 27, 2015, 05:06:29 AM

That'll change in a couple of weeks.  ::)
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Pferox on January 27, 2015, 07:57:54 AM
That'll change in a couple of weeks.  ::)
I had thought about Hedgehog studios screws and line guide shaft, but I don't know. Might be too much gold then. I think I will leave this one alone. It's too precious.

H8R

LgMouthGambler

Not yet. Usually takes a week for things from Japan. I'm on the other side of the country. Lol

H8R

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on February 03, 2015, 04:16:04 AM
Not yet. Usually takes a week for things from Japan. I'm on the other side of the country. Lol
I ordered my Nautilus on the 30th , shipped from Norita on the 31st. Arrived today, but I wasn't home to pay the 22$ duty and sign : /

LgMouthGambler

My reel didn't ship till last Thursday.