Enigma rods, Aaron Edge series

Started by WRB, February 03, 2015, 02:03:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WRB

With the announcement of Aaron Martens joining Engima rods and introducing a full line up at $170, there should be lots of discussion about this new rod builder.
A quick search brings up the rods have state of the art Microwave guides, most commits are negative concerning appearance, unusual considering anglers like white or bright colored rods today.
Tom

Batson-Brands

hmm... yes very interesting.. It does have the microwave guides.. etc..

Steve Reed MFT

The Enigma Aaron's Edge Rods will have a grey blank - it's lighter grey, but still grey. The "Aaron's Edge" logo is not quite the right color on the prototype pictures and will be much darker purple.

These rods definitely have some promise. We spoke with Aaron in depth about them today and came away pleased with our decision to be one of the largest retailers of the Enigma Rod brand.

He is very passionate about this project and truly doesn't want it to be a simple promotional relationship with this rod company. He's in and he's part of it.
Monster Fishing Tackle - http://www.monsterfishingtackle.com
-Helping make the memories that last a lifetime, by educating our customers on the proper use of the products we offer-

LgMouthGambler

Microwave guides? So I can fish and heat up my lunch at the same time? Lol
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

analfisherman

Steve, you folks taking Pre-Orders similar to Enigma's site?
Or are yours ready to ship now?
"Fishing isn't life or death... it's more important than that."

LgMouthGambler

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Steve Reed MFT

We are taking pre-orders - every pre-order rod will receive an Enigma T-shirt and be entered for a chance to win an Aaron Martens signed jersey.

The rods are scheduled to arrive late March and we will have the first batch to us before Enigma ships out their own pre-orders.
Monster Fishing Tackle - http://www.monsterfishingtackle.com
-Helping make the memories that last a lifetime, by educating our customers on the proper use of the products we offer-

light wire

Does anyone know if these rods are made in the good old U.S.A.

BassMan83

Err....ummmm whats the point of the guides?  :-\

Pferox

Quote from: BassMan83 on February 12, 2015, 09:57:28 AM
Err....ummmm whats the point of the guides?  :-\

According to the waveguide site, they tame down the line curl quicker, cutting down on line slap on the other guides, thus giving you longer casting distance.

http://www.wavespinreel.com/microwave.html

"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

analfisherman

Some answers. (Steve please correct me if I'm wrong)

The rods are made from a company named 'American Tackle Co.'.

The guides, from Aaron himself.

Every rod in my series has the MicroWave guide system. It's the only guide system to win Innovation of the Year and Best New Product awards on three different continents. When you look at the guides, you'll see why. MicroWave guides quickly gather up the line as it comes off your reel — taking all that chaos and side-to-side movement that you don't want — and funnels it down to control and conserve the energy you put into the cast.

The results are longer and more accurate casts, reduced casting effort and fewer backlashes. Aaron's Edge rods will actually make you a better caster with any kind of line and any reel. I know because they're making me better

My thoughts, it's kind of like having micro guides inside tradition guides.
Lee or someone else can explain them better than me.

Go to Monsters site.
They have a great write up from Aaron himself on the rods.

WRB

MWG guides ( Micro Wave Guides) are not new, they were invented by the late Doug Hannon for spinning rods. Wavespin appears to be the distributor for MWG.
Aaron is sponsored by Enigma and has a line of rods using MWG, both spinning and bait casting. From what has been reported Aaron is in a partnership with Enigma and not sure who is making the rod blanks, reel seats etc. Aaron is directly involved with rod design, his current line is a low light reflecting gray color, the original Enigma rods are bright charteuse/yellow color.
Go online and look at the MWG video for details, interesting technology.
Tom

Batson-Brands

The "concept style" has been around for years in the rod building arena. Also I love how everyone talks about weight. You couldn't even tell the difference in your hands between grains if one was removed. But for the record here you go:

We know weight is one thing.. But come on.. We are splitting hairs. Here is ours.

Here is an ALPS similar guide train system
9 guides + a tip top that work very similar to the competitor. If 6 grams is the weight, then ALPS has everyone beat with SS316 Zirconium rings in a Titanium Chrome color.

We don't know where the "NGC" at 12.2 Grams..

Both Grams = G and Grains = GR are represented.
Alps = 4.1 grams or 6.2 grains with 9 guides and a tip top

[attachment outdated - deleted by admin]

Batson-Brands

Here is the ALPS 11 guide system.. It adds a whopping .5 grams!!!

WOW

[attachment outdated - deleted by admin]

H8R

Quote from: Batson-Brands on February 12, 2015, 12:07:15 PM
The "concept style" has been around for years in the rod building arena. Also I love how everyone talks about weight. You couldn't even tell the difference in your hands between grains if one was removed. But for the record here you go:

We know weight is one thing.. But come on.. We are splitting hairs. Here is ours.

Here is an ALPS similar guide train system
9 guides + a tip top that work very similar to the competitor. If 6 grams is the weight, then ALPS has everyone beat with SS316 Zirconium rings in a Titanium Chrome color.

We don't know where the "NGC" at 12.2 Grams..

Both Grams = G and Grains = GR are represented.
Alps = 4.1 grams or 6.2 grains with 9 guides and a tip top

How is this relavant to this thread?

Batson-Brands

Sorry we didn't quote the previous question above.

BigJoeXD

Quote from: analfisherman on February 12, 2015, 10:20:45 AM
Some answers. (Steve please correct me if I'm wrong)

The rods are made from a company named 'American Tackle Co.'.

The guides, from Aaron himself.

Every rod in my series has the MicroWave guide system. It's the only guide system to win Innovation of the Year and Best New Product awards on three different continents. When you look at the guides, you'll see why. MicroWave guides quickly gather up the line as it comes off your reel — taking all that chaos and side-to-side movement that you don't want — and funnels it down to control and conserve the energy you put into the cast.

The results are longer and more accurate casts, reduced casting effort and fewer backlashes. Aaron's Edge rods will actually make you a better caster with any kind of line and any reel. I know because they're making me better

My thoughts, it's kind of like having micro guides inside tradition guides.
Lee or someone else can explain them better than me.

Go to Monsters site.
They have a great write up from Aaron himself on the rods.

Have you had much time on the water with these? I'm in need of a new frog rod and was thinking about making a pre-order for the Enigma.

analfisherman

Quote from: BigJoeXD on February 12, 2015, 11:55:59 PM
Have you had much time on the water with these? I'm in need of a new frog rod and was thinking about making a pre-order for the Enigma.

No.
No-one but Aarron has.  lo
Do have a buddy who has a custum with the MicroWave Guides though.
He likes them.

May i suggest pre-ordering through Monster.
Better deal than Enigma direct. Plus you get free T-shirt and a chance at Aarons jersey.

http://www.outdoorproshop.com/Enigma-Rods-s/5873.htm

Oh and WELCOME TO THE SITE BigJoeXD!