Joined the Procraft family

Started by RStewart, February 10, 2015, 10:25:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RStewart

Howdy everyone, my wife & I bought a 1990 Procraft Pro Caster 190. It has a Mariner 200 hp motor & a 67 lb thrust Motorguide. My uncle has owned it since 1992 & it's been garage kept it's entire life. The pics don't do it justice. I have a question, how much extra stress on a transom does a jackplate cause? The transom is solid as a rock so no worries there, just wanted to know if a JP caused more stress. Thanks

The last pic has my wife & my uncle in it.

Donald Garner

Congrats on the new ride ~c~  Not sure about the jack plate question.  You might check with your local marine dealership.  I wouldn't thing adding one would hurt has long as the transom doesn't have any stress cracks etc to it.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Mike Cork

Congratulations on your new rig :toot:

Simply because of mechanical advantage / leverage there is some extra stress but not enough to create damage. I have heard of a few boat manufactures that said they didn't want jack plates on their rigs... That was a log time ago. While you're rig is older I'm sure you're fine....

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Smallie_Stalker

Congrats on the new ride!  ~c~ Like your truck too btw. Except for the fact that mine has the barn doors on the back it looks exactly the same.  :)
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

RStewart

Thanks everyone! I plan on getting years of enjoyment out of it.