This thread is devoted for anything Navionics related.

Started by THfishing, March 05, 2015, 01:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THfishing

SonarChart Live has change the way I fish, when I'm out on the water I'm viewing SCL looking for any type of irregular contours I might be missing. I can see exactly how the contours are being drawn and you will find certain sweet spots along a bank many others typically fish over. For example this screen shot of SCL highlights a couple of key areas I didn't know that existed like the small point sticking out in the bottom right side of this image. When you see the red coloring on SCL that means shallower water the shallower the water the darker the color. So if you move further up the bank you will see the coloring getting darker with the contours closer together, that indicates a drop off which we all know bass love a drop off. You can find many of new spots and learn more about old spots by paying attention to your SCL screen. Want to know how you can do SonarChart Live?

THfishing

If you are in the market for a new Fish Finder/ GPS unit, keep in mind you can get $50 off a Navionics Region card when you purchase a new unit and a Region card at the same time. Check to see if the unit your interested in qualifies for the rebate. https://www.navionics.com/usa/blog/post/2018-us-and-canada-50-rebate-offer/

THfishing

For those that live in south Florida you might want to take advantage of helping Navionics remap south Florida from Hurricane Irma. Sent Navionics  your sonar logs and you will receive 1 free year of daily updates. Check it out.https://www.navionics.com/usa/lp/remap-south-florida/   

THfishing

There is no such thing as marking to many waypoints on the Navionics App. Now you can save up to 1000 waypoints. I like to find new spots using the app and mark them. So once I hit the water I have all new spots to fish. Also what I like to do is break down one creek, I mark points I want to fish at the mouth, middle and toward the back of the creek. Once I find where the fish are located at in a creek, I can take that pattern and apply other creeks throughout the lake .