Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk should be back up. Please report issues -->here<--. Thank you!

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

Fishing Frenzy Tackle

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: This thread is devoted for anything Navionics related.  (Read 21375 times)

Wayne P.

• Largemouth
  • I'm Wacky about Wacky
Re: This thread is devoted for anything Navionics related.
« Reply #125 on: January 28, 2017, 02:34:06 PM »

I just ordered a Navionics+ chip for my Helix 7.  I have never owned a nav program before and I'm hoping it will help me on one of my favorite lakes.  It is a huge reservoir and in the spring is comprised of thousands of sand dune islands interconnected by a network of channels and bays.....some navigable some not.  The bays formed by these dunes are inundated with willow bushes making them excellent cover for spawning bass in the spring.  My problem has been that once I do find a "honey hole", I would rarely be able to find it again. With even a 6" rise or drop in lake level it turns into an entirely different lake.
I'm hoping I can learn enough of how to utilize this chip to at least be able to navigate rather than relying on trial and error.  The good news is if you do happen to run aground, it is only sand. My prop is usually highly polished after a day on this lake.  ~cf

Your Helix 7 Sonar GPS has...................................................... GPS

Mark your "honey hole" with a waypoint and you can return to that location as long as there is water to float your boat. Don't even need a map to do that since map data is not GPS data. You can do waypoints, tracks and routes with no background map.

If it is complicated to get to that location, just save a Track between the launch point and there when conditions are present to create that track.
Humminbird 1198c SI--Bow 360
Humminbird 1198c SI,  Humminbird Helix 12 CHIRP SI GPS, Helix 7 CHIRP SI GPS G2
Humminbird ONIX 10 SI NT, SOLIX 12 SI

tooboocoo

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #126 on: January 28, 2017, 04:35:53 PM »

Thanks Wayne, much appreciated...as always.   ~cf

j102

• Lunker
« Reply #127 on: January 29, 2017, 10:45:16 AM »

Nice thread. Lots of good information.

THfishing

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #128 on: February 08, 2017, 12:09:57 PM »

I was out on my local lake a couple of weeks ago and I was finding that Navionics SonaChart Live to be very helpful when I was fishing creek channels. With the live information being recorded I could see exactly how the area was laid out. The red areas you see indicate shallower areas, also when you see the contours group close together indicates a drop. So when I was scanning the areas I found a shallower area located right on the edge of the channel. So I positioned the boat out in deeper water and through down the side and on top of the little point and caught 2 fish. Then I took what I learned an applied it through out the lake. Having live information can turn a day around real quick. 

THfishing

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #129 on: February 22, 2017, 07:20:12 PM »

Have you updated your Lowrance HDS Gen 3 yet? Did you see the new functions available with a Navionics card? SonarChart Live on your screen, Plotter Sync between your  Navionics app and phone pretty cool stuff. http://www.lowrance.com/en-US/Software-Updates/HDS-Gen3-Software-Upgrade-v-45/

Ditchdigger

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #130 on: February 28, 2017, 07:17:52 PM »

I'm sure this has already been asked here, but are Navionics chips Unit brand specific or will they work in all the different brand?

Wayne P.

• Largemouth
  • I'm Wacky about Wacky
« Reply #131 on: February 28, 2017, 07:49:33 PM »

No not brand specific, but type specific based on the processing power of the unit and the card reader type.
The Hotmaps Platinum and Platinum+ cards can't be used in the low end units of some brands.

No Garmin in recent history can use any Navionics mapping.

What types work with what models are on the Navionics website's compatibility list.
Humminbird 1198c SI--Bow 360
Humminbird 1198c SI,  Humminbird Helix 12 CHIRP SI GPS, Helix 7 CHIRP SI GPS G2
Humminbird ONIX 10 SI NT, SOLIX 12 SI

THfishing

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #132 on: March 02, 2017, 06:59:23 PM »

If you have a question wondering if your unit is compatible, you can go to Navionics website go to the bottom and click compatible devices, you will see a list with all the units modules that a Navionics card can work in.   

THfishing

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #133 on: March 10, 2017, 08:03:43 PM »

Here is a good comparison between Navionics and there competitors chart of Lake Okeechobee. More contours mean and more fish.

THfishing

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #134 on: March 22, 2017, 07:43:07 PM »

Have you used the Navionics SonarChart Live feature on the latest software update from Lowrance? To be able to use the feature you have to have a valid Navionics subscription on your card and app.

THfishing

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #135 on: March 31, 2017, 07:23:22 PM »

Want to learn more about your Lowrance HDS Unit for free? Sign up for Monday night Webinar at 8pm. https://navionics.zoom.us/webinar/register/4e2cdc2eba197261d746f627e8486654

THfishing

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #136 on: April 07, 2017, 03:59:07 PM »

For those that have been waiting for the Navionics HotMaps Platinum card to go on sale now is the time. For the month of April save $30 for the whole month of April. Having the satellite overlay feature and the 3D contour views make hunting those fish down easier. I like to customize my chart screen by doing a depth highlight range to help me concentrate between 2 depth range. 

THfishing

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #137 on: April 22, 2017, 11:17:44 AM »

SonarChart Live on the Lowrance Gen 3 makes it so much easier recording data. Plus I can see the contours being drawn live on the screen to help me understand any type of contour change.

THfishing

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #138 on: May 08, 2017, 06:48:33 PM »

Time to get ready and hit some new bodies of water this summer! How often do you update or download to your Navionics card?

THfishing

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #139 on: May 13, 2017, 02:37:22 PM »

For those that have the Navionics App and mark waypoints have you noticed you can only store 200? Now the limit has been raised to 1000 waypoints. So that means you can mark out 4-6 different bodies of water without going back and having to delete waypoints. Do you want to know how to mark a waypoint?

THfishing

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #140 on: August 01, 2017, 07:40:45 AM »

For those that have a Navionics App and a Lowrance HDS Gen 3 or newer that want to connect their Navionics App to their Navionics card in your Gen 3 here are the following steps.

**** Make sure you have registered your chart or these will not work. Also the app needs to still be active and not expired!!!

Directions to run SonarChart Live:
-              Go to “Overlay”
-              Click on SonarChart Live
-              Go fishing
-              Done

Directions for Plotter Sync:
-              Download a small area you want to update on your chart on your Navionics app iphone
-              Add a few waypoints on the Navionics app and name them in that same area
-              Turn on Lowrance wifi (check to find the wifi name and password. Its under settings-wifi connection-click wirless- see unit connection-click that for password
-              Make sure Navionics app is closed out
-              Phone still connected to wifi on lowrance
-              Open Navionics App
-              Screen pop up will happen and show it is connecting
-              If you zoom out you will see the chart on lowrance turning white where you updated on app showing the chart updating in the plotter from the phone. No need to remove chart.
-              Then go to main page – scroll down on left to “files”- click on SD memory card- click on waypoints folder- there are your waypoints!
-              Save to waypoint folder (if that doesn’t show, don’t worry about it) just say save it to harddrive.

THfishing

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #141 on: August 15, 2017, 07:42:36 AM »

Here in Virginia we have many river systems with small creeks coming off the main body that have no contour information in them. I went exploring the other day and found how helpful Navionics SonarChart Live was. As I was fishing in the creek I could see the contours being drawn live on my Lowrance Gen 3 and on my Navionics app  so I could find small drop off and small points. I would come through the area looking for key breaks then I would come back through and cast to those small areas along the drop. It has been one of the most helpful tools I have found yet. Its cool because Im the first person that can see these key areas before the information gets uploaded to the Navionics website. If you have the Navionics app and a Lowrance Gen 3 try this feature out.

THfishing

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #142 on: August 17, 2017, 07:28:48 AM »

For those that live in Iowa and fish in Iowa, Navionics has 62 brand new lakes with contours and they have updated 9 different lakes. If you want to see if your lake made it to the list, go to https://webapp.navionics.com/?lang=en#boating@6&key=wuxiFnz~wM

or PM with the name of your lake.

THfishing

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #143 on: October 16, 2017, 01:49:19 PM »

Have you been keeping up with the latest Lowrance software updates? Have you seen some of the features you gain when you update your units. This heat maps and the coloring of the trails look awesome. I want to know your thoughts on it? I have been using the new SonarChart Live feature like crazy but I haven't spent much time messing with the latest software updates they came out with.

THfishing

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #144 on: October 18, 2017, 03:18:16 PM »

Have you ever wondered why would use want to use Chart + Chart on your Lowrance HDS unit? I started using Chart + Chart because I was tired of zooming out while running to see where I wanted to go and zoom back in to my boat position to make sure I'm staying in a safe depth. This feature comes in handy when you're fishing a new body of water. I like to run #Navionics on both of my Chart screens to show me the best detail while I'm running so I can make sure I'm staying in the channel and not running across a dangerous flat. Also I like to turn on my Easy View on my Navionics Chart and that will make the depths numbers bigger and easier to see while running at a high rate speed. Having the#FreshestData pays off while fishing and running

Oldfart9999

• Ultimate Basser
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #145 on: October 19, 2017, 07:17:56 AM »

Nice idea, wish I'd a thought of it!! I use the Navionics setting on my HDS 7, it gives an very good view of Lake Ontario.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

THfishing

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #146 on: October 26, 2017, 02:26:15 PM »

Do you know when you purchase a Navionics card you can get a year free of software updates? When you first get your new Navionics card you want to go Navionics website and register your card. From there it will activate your year free of updates. 

THfishing

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #147 on: October 31, 2017, 09:37:25 AM »

Check out what type of detail you gain once when you go from a Navionics Premium card to the Update card. I had an 6 year old Navionics Premium East card and I switch to the Update card which cover everywhere in the US and Canada. Switching to the new card the map has been enhanced dramatically. The newer information you see has been updated by Navionics and Navionics users allowing for a more detailed map. Which having the latest recording helps me find more fish out in deeper water. Want to know how you can get better maps?  

THfishing

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #148 on: November 09, 2017, 05:49:26 PM »

This is to inform you that the Android Boating Free and Paid versions for Phone and Tablet are live on Google Play with version 8.6.

What’s New:
- Personalize the app by creating a profile with your picture and activities on the water. Go to Menu > Me
- Quickly log into the app via Facebook: join the Navionics Community and team up with millions of boaters!
- Easily check your sonar status on the app. If you have done Plotters Sync with your Raymarine, Lowrance, Simrad and B&G at least once, you can renew your plotter card subscription from here with 1 click! Go to Menu > Device Connected
- Bug fixing and optimization

THfishing

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #149 on: Yesterday at 11:15:05 AM »

Do you have any Navionics competitors mapping cards? Did you know you could use those to activate a new Navionics Update card for $99? You can download anywhere you want to go in the U.S. or Canada. Get all the latest SonarChart information on your favorite body of water.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

The most innovative and technologically advanced fishing rod blanks on the planet

Get Chomped at Mega Chomp Lure Company and Get The Best Baits for your Money

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 35 queries.