2015 Open Water

Started by CraigP83, March 11, 2015, 09:54:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigP83

earldogg

I got the fever-BAD. Goals this year-1. 7lb+Lm 2. 5lb+Sm. I have an uphill battle.

Smallie_Stalker

I am so jealous right now.  :surrender:
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Bowzer

I'm relatively new to the Cities, any suggestions of where I should look for early open water? 

earldogg

Quote from: Bowzer on March 13, 2015, 09:45:23 AM
I'm relatively new to the Cities, any suggestions of where I should look for early open water? 
pre opener-the river. You have alot of great water 20-30minutes west of you.

CraigP83

How much Ice is remaining in your parts? Backwaters on the river are still locked up, as soon as it thaws I will be back there looking for some prespawn bass or panfish. Hopefully this rain helps..

RumRiverRat

Hitting Pool 4 on Friday as long as I can confirm that the backwaters I want to fish are ice free.

CraigP83

Got the boat out of storage Friday and did a test run in on the river Saturday. Glad to report that everything checked out.

Swede

Quote from: CraigP83 on April 05, 2015, 06:55:03 PM
Got the boat out of storage Friday and did a test run in on the river Saturday. Glad to report that everything checked out.

Great start to the year - congrats!
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small.
Rascal Flatts

Bigwrench

Looks like your all over em and the long winter didn't affect your catching ability buddy !
BTW them seats look sweet! 
Stop by the Garage and let me know if you have Maintenance issues that you need assistance with.

RumRiverRat

The Perch were spawning in the area I fished Friday.
This one hit a Crawtube.

A couple of the bass from Friday. No giants, just males feeding on spawning perch.

Pferox

"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

CraigP83

That perch looks like it's about to "pop"

CraigP83

Beautiful day on the river. Lost my transducer along the way, there goes $200  :'(

Smallie_Stalker

Nice fish!  ~c~ 

My boy and I got out for the first time today and we caught lots of fish. Unfortunately they were all toothy critters.    ~xyz  Was still great to finally wet a line though.

Lipripper

Nice fish  ~c~ ~c~ I have yet to wet a line this year yet but it won't be long now.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

CraigP83

I installed the new 'ducer last night and I'm ready for the water again. The weather for Sunday looks lovely and I've got the Crappie spawn on my brain, better go pick up a new ultralight! Anybody else going to chase some fish this weekend?

Lipripper

Not this weekend Craig but will be starting next Tuesday for two weeks. Here Crappie..Crappie ;D Good luck and will be looking for them  ;PHO)

earldogg

I might, I have a new bfs I want to try. Klxmlmf with a daiwa pxl-r, petty sure it will cast a 1/8-1/4oz hair jig, inline spinner(meps). Gl.

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: CraigP83 on April 24, 2015, 08:20:55 AM
I installed the new 'ducer last night and I'm ready for the water again. The weather for Sunday looks lovely and I've got the Crappie spawn on my brain, better go pick up a new ultralight! Anybody else going to chase some fish this weekend?

Glad the install went smooth. Good luck on the water this weekend.

I'm planning a trip to a small pond with my son this weekend. We will be packing bass gear and panfish stuff in case the bass don't cooperate.   ~shade

If all goes as planned, the following weekend we will be heading out for some saltwater fishing. Being relatively inexperienced with the salty side, if enough hours go by and we don't manage a bite or two we will have the freshwater gear in the truck to try and salvage the day.  lo

Tight lines to everyone wetting a line.  ~fff ~cf

Lipripper

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on April 24, 2015, 04:23:57 PM
Quote from: CraigP83 on April 24, 2015, 08:20:55 AM

Glad the install went smooth. Good luck on the water this weekend.

I'm planning a trip to a small pond with my son this weekend. We will be packing bass gear and panfish stuff in case the bass don't cooperate.   ~shade

If all goes as planned, the following weekend we will be heading out for some saltwater fishing. Being relatively inexperienced with the salty side, if enough hours go by and we don't manage a bite or two we will have the freshwater gear in the truck to try and salvage the day.  lo

Tight lines to everyone wetting a line.  ~fff ~cf
Nothing like taking your son fishing and will be looking for some  ;PHO) and reports.

Smallie_Stalker

Reports I can do. Pictures have always been a bit of an issue. Just take a look through some of my old threads.  :P

My camera is old like me.  lo  It doesn't have image stabilization and I have a genetically inherited tremor that causes the majority of pictures I take to come out blurry at best. I will try and get my son to snap some. He is like most other 17 year olds, impatient if things don't come out right first time every time. He just wants to go back to fishing. But I will see what I can do. No promises on the pictures, but the reports are a go whether we catch anything or not.

Lipripper

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on April 24, 2015, 05:06:53 PM
Reports I can do. Pictures have always been a bit of an issue. Just take a look through some of my old threads.  :P

My camera is old like me.  lo  It doesn't have image stabilization and I have a genetically inherited tremor that causes the majority of pictures I take to come out blurry at best. I will try and get my son to snap some. He is like most other 17 year olds, impatient if things don't come out right first time every time. He just wants to go back to fishing. But I will see what I can do. No promises on the pictures, but the reports are a go whether we catch anything or not.
Will be looking for the report even if you can't do the  ;PHO)  :-* ;D and having raised several 17 year olds I know what you mean. ;D

CraigP83

Beautiful weather today but couldn't find any crappie .

Lipripper

Your right nice calm lake and nice looking Bass too.  ~c~ ~c~ To bad you couldn't find any Crappie though. I guess that Bass will just have to do. lo lo