2015 Open Water

Started by CraigP83, March 11, 2015, 09:54:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

earldogg

Got no crappie, 1 bluegill, 1 19" bass and she was FAT!

CraigP83

I have to admit my crappie game isn't quite up to par but I was surprised I didn't see any panfish up shallow but I could see bass cruising. Water temps in our backwater area was 54*, Water was extremely clear.

baileyjs

Does anyone know the reasoning behind the different restrictions on pool 4? 

baileyjs

Quote from: baileyjs on April 28, 2015, 03:46:28 PM
Does anyone know the reasoning behind the different restrictions on pool 4?

sorry, computer froze up..... what I meant to get at is can you fish bass any time there is open water, and if so why is it different?

CraigP83

On Pool 4 and Lake Pepin bass fishing is open year round with a 14'' minimum length. Same with Pool 2 however P2 is catch and release only. As for why it's different... I couldn't say for certain, might want to call the DNR ((888) 646‑6367)  and see what they say, although I doubt it has anything to do with conservation based on any scientific studies.   ~b~

earldogg

10 more days, 10 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Almost can't believe were almost there, everything is right in the world.

CraigP83

How did everyone's "official" opener go? I was down on Pool 4 of the river in Wabasha. My partner and I found a few keepers including a 4.5# largemouth and a 14'' crappie. We also saw a pirate ship cruise by  lo

earldogg

That ship is very cool! My season so far has been frustrating! Been out 4 times, got my limit only once, and been getting whopped by a buddy in the back of the boat. Went to swamp 3 times and even made it to trophy and I still suck. Every year it's the same, I either have a great start and suck at end, or I suck at start and have a great end. Bummer. Heard phil finally pulled a W, it's been really bothering him he couldn't win.

CraigP83

Went to Bald Eagle last night for two hrs. Got 3 pike and 1 bass, Saw several abandoned beds in the shallows, 1 bed with a fish on it that swam away immediately. 74* water temps. Fishing was tough, definitely some sort of post spawn funk, at least that's my excuse.

baileyjs

I stopped by Waconia yesterday afternoon and pulled four 1-2lb'ers out of the reeds.  I was fishing from shore though so it was tough go.

CraigP83

60°F water temps on Mille Lacs. Pretty sure the smallies are spawning. Our best luck was fishing Rock mixed with Reeds for SM and channels off the main lake for LM

RumRiverRat

Pre fished Cedar in Rice County yesterday with Gordy for pur club tourney next weekend.
I put on a clinic with a couple of baits.

Hope our patterns hold together for next weekend.

The warm weather this weekend should only make them better

Lipripper

Nice fish Craig  ~c~ and good luck next weekend RRR

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

earldogg

Went to swamp Sunday and broke my bad luck streak. 25 total, top 5 went 20,19,19,18,18". Like normal I had to junk fish most the day, but the last 90min I had a 1-2 punch pattern going. I did feel bad about the 5lber thou, another angler and I were facing each other, trolling motors at full speed racing for a dock and laydown, he got there first, I pulled back, he caught nothing,pulled out, I pulled in, first cast at the laydown= giant, dude watched the whole thing, he was not happy.

Lipripper

good things come to those who wait. ;D

CraigP83

Got out for a couple hours with Tim Yesterday. I did a really good job at netting and taking pictures of fish.  lo Dropshot and frog where the winners.

Lipripper

Nice Bass  ~c~ ~c~ and it takes skill to run a net and camera. lo lo

earldogg

Quote from: CraigP83 on June 29, 2015, 08:56:21 AM
Got out for a couple hours with Tim Yesterday. I did a really good job at netting and taking pictures of fish.  lo Dropshot and frog where the winners.

where did you guys go? My season is a disaster,  if I didn't have a senko or swim jig, I'd be worthless!

CraigP83

ODowd, got there at 6:45AM and the parking lot was full  ~b~ That place must get alot of pressure. Our best 5 probably came in around 14#. Oddly enough I couldn't get bit on a Swim Jig or a Senko haha

earldogg

Yeah, you have to be There by sunrise or your waiting. It gets beat up but it's a small parking lot, there are giants in there, it's where I caught my 7lber.

CraigP83

Quote from: earldogg on June 30, 2015, 07:51:18 AM
Yeah, you have to be There by sunrise or your waiting. It gets beat up but it's a small parking lot, there are giants in there, it's where I caught my 7lber.

What time of year was that? Sunday we caught fish in 3'' of water and 14' of water.

earldogg

August, best day off I ever had, lol.

RumRiverRat

Fish from the last few weeks.

Lipripper

Some nice looking Bass. ~c~ ~c~

earldogg

Some nice fish RRR. Went to swamp saturday, it went well, my top 5 went 19,18,18,17,17 and about 15 15-16"ers. Saw something strange thou, the main lake already flipped, 70% of the vegetation disappeared, very weird, that's not suppose to happen until fall?