2015 Open Water

Started by CraigP83, March 11, 2015, 09:54:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RumRiverRat

Was it Curly Leaf that disappeared?

That happens when the water temps gets to the low 80s.

CraigP83

Bizarre, I still need to make my way out there. It's a hour and 20 minute drive from my house though so I always find and excuse to stay closer. :'(

earldogg

Craig, we'll go during fall time, that's when it gets crazy. I've never seen that vegetation flip like that there, only when fall comes and every lake flips, very strange. Soooo many bait fish everywhere, all day, just looked exactly like how it looks come fall. Even saw a 30" walleye floating dead, it was huge, looked like a prop hit it, half it's face was gone.

RuddyDuck

I was out this morning, sure felt like Fall! Windy and cool out. Fishing was decent, got 12-15 with the biggest being 19in and I think the smallest was 10in! Caught a few on a DT Fat1 and lipless, but most came on a jig later in the morning. Water Dropped from 73 on Thurs, to 68-69 this morning. Fall is just around the corner.  ~cf
Dan

Lipripper

Quote from: RuddyDuck on August 23, 2015, 06:04:46 PM
I was out this morning, sure felt like Fall! Windy and cool out. Fishing was decent, got 12-15 with the biggest being 19in and I think the smallest was 10in! Caught a few on a DT Fat1 and lipless, but most came on a jig later in the morning. Water Dropped from 73 on Thurs, to 68-69 this morning. Fall is just around the corner.  ~cf
Thanks for the report and yelp fall is just around the corner. Oh and welcome to Ultimate Bass.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Smallie_Stalker

HeyRuddyDuck. Welcome to the Ultimate Bass family! Pleasure to have you with us. Pull up a chair, make yourself right at home and jump in wherever you feel comfortable. And thank you for the report.

If you would like to win some free gear from some of the great companies that sponsor our site be sure and put your name in for the New Member's Contest and the Weekly Contests .

In the meantime if I can be of any help with anything please don't hesitate to contact me. Looking forward to seeing you around the boards and to learning from what you share with us.

Once again, Welcome!

><> Smallie_Stalker  <><
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

CraigP83

Quote from: RuddyDuck on August 23, 2015, 06:04:46 PM
Water Dropped from 73 on Thurs, to 68-69 this morning. Fall is just around the corner.  ~cf

:shocking: I'm not ready for what comes after fall  :surrender:

RuddyDuck

Dan

RuddyDuck

Quote from: CraigP83 on August 24, 2015, 04:21:37 PM
:shocking: I'm not ready for what comes after fall  :surrender:

Yeah, It always comes quicker than a guy thinks! I figure we got over 2 months yet to fish. Maybe a little longer if you don't deer hunt. Once it locks up, then it is time for the ice gear to come out!
Dan

Pferox

Around here, after fall is when the fun starts.   ~bb
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

RuddyDuck

The dog and I made it out last night for a few hours. Funny, couldn't buy a bite on a jig this time. Scraped up a few on a lipless and a few more on the DT Fat1 in shallow. Biggest, an 18incher came on the Fat. Water temp moved back up to 74.
The lake really greened up from last time out. Even had that thick Blue/Green scum on it in spots :shocking:. I was hoping the dog wouldn't jump in, he's on edge about every splash he sees! Landing a fish is always an adventure with him trying to help me out.

Dan

earldogg

Anybody going somewhere cool this weekend? I'm heading to the swamp, haven't been there in about 6 weeks, weather looking good!

RuddyDuck

I'll be up in Hubbard county all of next week chasing some dark green northern bass! They're a little prettier up there, compared to some of the pale ones I get down here. Dark green backs and dark black lines!  Hopefully the cabin chores and tourist stuff don't take up to much fishing time. ~cf
Dan

CraigP83

earldogg

Quote from: CraigP83 on August 28, 2015, 10:21:35 AM
Does Marion count?
when you going, Saturday/Sunday? There's a small chance I was going there on Sunday.

CraigP83

earldogg

Gl craig, go get'um! From what I read about that lake, most tournaments are won anywhere from 13-18lbs.

CraigP83

Found a few but didn't lay waste to them like I had hoped. Coolest part of the day was when I found a good looking spot on my Side Imaging and I could see 3 fish away from the weed edge. Threw a dropshot out and got 2 of them on back to back casts.. Other than that it was pretty slow. Water temps 67-68. Big one came on a jig that I tossed in after it missed my buzz bait.

Lipripper

Nice looking Bass  ~c~ ~c~ and looks like a cool damp day.

RuddyDuck

Nice fish!
Went out this morning on a local lake, before heading up north tomorrow. Was kinda slow, only could squeeze out 6. Funny, each one was caught on a different bait. Even got one on a dropshot, which I stink at. ~gf

Dan

Lipripper

Quote from: RuddyDuck on August 29, 2015, 09:39:31 PM
Nice fish!
Went out this morning on a local lake, before heading up north tomorrow. Was kinda slow, only could squeeze out 6. Funny, each one was caught on a different bait. Even got one on a dropshot, which I stink at. ~gf

Thanks for the report and glad you were able to catch six even if it wasn't on the sane bait. ~c~ ~c~

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: RuddyDuck on August 29, 2015, 09:39:31 PM
Nice fish!

Hey Dan, that's still a good day. And the important thing is the fish don't know that you stink at it.  lo
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

earldogg

Got 5hrs in at swamp yesterday, top 5 went 19" 18 18 18 16, main lake started to flip, water was very very dirty, 3 weeks it will be $.

CraigP83

Quote from: earldogg on August 31, 2015, 12:15:34 PM
Got 5hrs in at swamp yesterday, top 5 went 19" 18 18 18 16, main lake started to flip, water was very very dirty, 3 weeks it will be $.

Let's go either the 19th or 20th. We can take either boat

earldogg

Probably couldn't go that weekend, ( wedding anniversary). Maybe week before or week after.